QLD: ID Checked

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

QLD: ID Checked

Post by kworse » 19 Oct 2014, 5:41 pm

So i applied for a cat A + B on September 1st and Did my id check Friday just gone. What is next? Does the criminal history check generally come next?
kworse
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: QLD: ID Checked

Post by drewmd » 19 Oct 2014, 8:34 pm

Kworse,
I'm just getting to the end of the process myself for my Cat A & B licence having submitted on 27 June, ID'd on 4 July. I then did not hear anything from QLD Weapons licencing until 10th October when I contacted them and they advised that my licence had been issued on 7 October and to expect delivery within 2-3 weeks.

There were no queries with my application, however some of my friends have been contacted where the ID or other details needed clarification. The next step is going for a "long wait". Although I've heard of some licences being received within 7 weeks, I'm over the 16 weeks now and still waiting for what should have been a clean application. Good luck.
drewmd
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by North East » 19 Oct 2014, 8:38 pm

It's 28 days in Vic and that's it….licence in hand.
Browning BL-22 lever action...open sights
T3 Varmint .204 Ruger...Meopta Meostar 4-16X44
T3 Lite .30-06 Sprg...Aimpoint Hunter 1X red dot

....that will do me
North East
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Westy » 20 Oct 2014, 7:19 am

My wife a clean skin received hers in 7weeks,from the date of submitting it on line to our door!!!Must be some sort of record for Weapons licensing but all I can say is THANX
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by brisb » 20 Oct 2014, 11:09 am

North East wrote:It's 28 days in Vic and that's it….licence in hand.

Don't more to QLD... It's a lot longer for everything.
brisb
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Supporter » 20 Oct 2014, 11:10 am

Yep, VIC has it about as good as it gets here for the turnaround times.

Especially PTA times. A few hours is a dream here.
Winchester 1894 30-30
Howa Varminter .204 Ruger
Savage Model 10/110 Trophy Hunter XP 30-06 Springfield
Supporter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Bourt » 20 Oct 2014, 12:01 pm

kworse wrote:What is next? Does the criminal history check generally come next?

As I understand it they put your details through their database and if there is no possible match then you're just waiting for it to be processed.

If your name comes up against something (e.g. if you're John Smith and another John Smith with the same birthday has a record) they would clarify with you. Might ask for additional ID or info etc.

Other than that though it'll just be a bit of a wait.
Bourt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by benn1124 » 26 Oct 2014, 11:58 am

the partner of one of the guys i go hunting with only took abou 7 -8 weeks start to finish to get hers, mine took just short of 11 weeks and one of my friends took about 17-18 weeks because of a defect on a car when he was younger apparantly its enough for them to issue a please explain then make you wait longer
Walther century .177 CZ 452 .17HMR
.22LR puma .22LR Browning BL22
.223 tikka 30/30 marlin
.308 tikka
benn1124
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by nords » 27 Oct 2014, 12:14 pm

benn1124 wrote:one of my friends took about 17-18 weeks because of a defect on a car when he was younger apparantly its enough for them to issue a please explain then make you wait longer

:roll:

What could that have anything to do with for a shooters license.

*sigh*
Norica Spider GRS Camo .22
Browning BLR Lightweight 81 .243
Browning A-Bolt Medallion 300 Win Mag. Weaver V-Series 3-15 x 42.
nords
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by benn1124 » 28 Oct 2014, 5:48 am

nords wrote:
benn1124 wrote:one of my friends took about 17-18 weeks because of a defect on a car when he was younger apparantly its enough for them to issue a please explain then make you wait longer

:roll:

What could that have anything to do with for a shooters license.

*sigh*

just the way weapons licensing work werent so much converned about the fact he had it more so that he lied on the application not on purpose tho we were under the impression that driving history didnt count when applying but apparantly thing like that do he's gottent it now just delayed the process by a couple months, gotta be 1 of the best government run departments to deal with at times :/
.223 tikka 30/30 marlin
.308 tikka
benn1124
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by nords » 28 Oct 2014, 1:57 pm

Is a defect on your car a criminal thing though?

If you had something like a conviction for drink driving that might be one thing. No doubt that comes up in their computer quick smart.

But I mean is getting pulled over for an out tail light out and get a defect, or buy an exhaust which turns out to be a bit loud... Whatever... Surely that has nothing to do with anything.

I mean do you have to declare parking tickets too? :roll:
nords
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by benn1124 » 28 Oct 2014, 2:13 pm

i think it was only the fact that he had to go to court for the defect even tho he only had to go there for a brief ammount of time, it was more that fact i think that we answered the the application untruthfully we didnt mean to we honestly had no idea but the ammount of follow up for one simple mistake, had to write 2 formal letters addressed to 1 person in the entire place that can sign it off about why he lied and why he should still be allowed to be issued a licence had to appolagise for the accident and then continuie to write a litter stating how his life had turned around since the incident and how heed never do it again blahh blahhh blahhh quite a stuff arround
.223 tikka 30/30 marlin
.308 tikka
benn1124
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by nords » 29 Oct 2014, 7:00 pm

Court visit hey, I guess that's it.
nords
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by kworse » 05 Nov 2014, 9:43 am

Just got off the phone to WLQ they tell me it has been approved and sent off to be printed and delivered. What's the average wait time for postage I'm looking at.

Cheers
kworse
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by cuvy » 05 Nov 2014, 2:30 pm

My advice - if you have not heard or received anything from them after the defined 'period' (eg 12 weeks after submitting license, or 2 weeks after attending for ID check) DO NOT give them the benefit of the doubt and wait a bit longer - I've had nothing but delays and stuff ups, and it basically seems that they did not actually start doing anything about my license until after I chased them up.

(for example, two weeks after ID check, nothing. emailed, nothing for a week. emailed again, nothing for a week. emailed again, week later get a response - "have you attended for your ID check yet?". Emailed copy of ID check document, told it would be two weeks. Two weeks go by, nothing, wait a few extra days - nothing. emailed, nothing for a week. emailed again - week later - emailed license has been issued. still waiting for license to arrive (2 weeks not up yet) - would not be surprised at all if it doesn't turn up and i find out they haven't done anything)
cuvy
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Vati » 06 Nov 2014, 12:47 pm

There are times with out Gov that you feel like your letters go through the mailslot and into a shredder aren't there.
Reach out and touch...
Vati
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Queensland gun laws