Sharing storage and rifles in QLD - Me and the wife

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Sharing storage and rifles in QLD - Me and the wife

Post by emuman » 22 Nov 2014, 3:38 pm

Does anyone know whether I can store my wifes rifles(registered to her) with my rifles. I have one safe . We both have AB licenses . I have the only access to the safe (my wife doesn't have a key for the safe). Are we allowed to store our weapons together ? Is it ok as long as our licenses are the same ie: both AB..
emuman
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: gun storage

Post by bigfellascott » 22 Nov 2014, 4:06 pm

emuman wrote:Does anyone know whether I can store my wifes rifles(registered to her) with my rifles. I have one safe . We both have AB licenses . I have the only access to the safe (my wife doesn't have a key for the safe). Are we allowed to store our weapons together ? Is it ok as long as our licenses are the same ie: both AB..

Yes mate its legal! :lol:

You're both licensed firearms owners with the same Cat so why wouldn't you be able too. And just for the record they're not weapons mate they are firearms, surely you don't intend to do harm to another human with them?

Yes I know I'm being pedantic but its a word that has been used incorrectly for far too long IMO to describe a rifle or handgun - the media use it to instill fear and connotation that all firearms are used as weapons, lets not help them by doing the same ignorant thing.

Wasn't having a go at the OP by the way just point out the misuse of the real meaning of the word as far as I'm concerned.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by on_one_wheel » 22 Nov 2014, 4:54 pm

Using the same safe is fine and x 2 on calling them weapons .... as lafo's we should be calling them firearms, never weapons.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by flymy » 22 Nov 2014, 5:56 pm

A big no no in WA ,because you would have access to your wifes firearms and vice versa
flymy
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 22 Nov 2014, 6:37 pm

flymy wrote:A big no no in WA ,because you would have access to your wifes firearms and vice versa

You guys get it tough .. We can borrow each others guns in SA a verbal agreement is fine for 10 days , or a written agreement if you want to keep it a bit longer( 28 days )
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Guliver » 22 Nov 2014, 7:49 pm

I understand where your coming from with the word weapon, but just as with many words these days the meaning has become corrupted, gay once meant happy and a bitch was a female canine.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weapon

Weapon
Watch this page
For other uses, see Weapon (disambiguation). See Military technology for a comprehensive list of weapons and doctrines.
"Weapons" and "Weaponry" redirect here. For the 2012 Lostprophets album, see Weapons (album). For the 2007 film, see Weapons (film). For the radio program, see Weaponry (radio program).
A weapon, arm, or armament is any device used in order to inflict damage or harm to living beings, structures, or systems. Weapons are used to increase the efficacy and efficiency of activities such as hunting, crime, law enforcement, self-defense, and warfare. In a broader context, weapons may be construed to include anything used to gain a strategic, material or mental advantage over an adversary.

While just about any ordinary objects such as sticks, stones, cars, or pencils can be used as weapons, many are expressly designed for the purpose – ranging from simple implements such as clubs, swords and guns, and to complicated modern intercontinental ballistic missiles, biological and cyberweapons.
Guliver
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 22 Nov 2014, 8:33 pm

flymy wrote:A big no no in WA ,because you would have access to your wifes firearms and vice versa

They really have to hurry up and built a dirty great big arse fence around WA to stop you lot from contaminating the rest of the normal gene pool :lol: Talk about farking backwards thinking! :roll:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by bigfellascott » 22 Nov 2014, 8:40 pm

Guliver wrote:I understand where your coming from with the word weapon, but just as with many words these days the meaning has become corrupted, gay once meant happy and a bitch was a female canine.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weapon

Weapon
Watch this page
For other uses, see Weapon (disambiguation). See Military technology for a comprehensive list of weapons and doctrines.
"Weapons" and "Weaponry" redirect here. For the 2012 Lostprophets album, see Weapons (album). For the 2007 film, see Weapons (film). For the radio program, see Weaponry (radio program).
A weapon, arm, or armament is any device used in order to inflict damage or harm to living beings, structures, or systems. Weapons are used to increase the efficacy and efficiency of activities such as hunting, crime, law enforcement, self-defense, and warfare. In a broader context, weapons may be construed to include anything used to gain a strategic, material or mental advantage over an adversary.

While just about any ordinary objects such as sticks, stones, cars, or pencils can be used as weapons, many are expressly designed for the purpose – ranging from simple implements such as clubs, swords and guns, and to complicated modern intercontinental ballistic missiles, biological and cyberweapons.

Yes well lets not encourage stupid people by agreeing with them :D we know they are firearms (hence why the places that sell them are called Firearms/gun Shops not Weapons Shops) even though those higher up want them to be referred to at every chance as weapons lets not support their propaganda campaign shall we. :D

Why is it do you think they want the word to be used?

And I wouldn't be quoting bugger all from Wankypedia either, any idiot can contribute to that and they often do :lol: (not having a go at you by the way mate)
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Mattj82 » 23 Nov 2014, 1:56 am

In WA you can co-license a firearm, which would allow them to be kept in the same safe. Of course they charge you an extra fee for this!

Matt
Mattj82
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Re: Sharing storage and rifles in QLD - Me and the wife

Post by nords » 23 Nov 2014, 7:59 pm

He's not in WA guys so the rules here are irrelevant. Shooting laws Queensland is what he needs.

Don't muddy the waters by throwing in bits of other legislation for him that aren't anything to do with it.

Just saying...
Norica Spider GRS Camo .22
Browning BLR Lightweight 81 .243
Browning A-Bolt Medallion 300 Win Mag. Weaver V-Series 3-15 x 42.
nords
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by emuman » 24 Nov 2014, 3:30 pm

thanks for all the responses. Got my answer now. And I will no longer refer to my rifle as a weapon. My apologies to all out there for my mistake.
emuman
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 24 Nov 2014, 4:44 pm

emuman wrote:thanks for all the responses. Got my answer now. And I will no longer refer to my rifle as a weapon. My apologies to all out there for my mistake.

Nothing to apologise for mate, as I said earlier its something thats been deliberately put into everyday language by the media and those who wish to associate firearms ownership/use as something that is dangerous and life threatening/evil, as we know more people die from falls and tripping over each year but they don't tend to look at it like that, they'd rather sensationalise gun violence and associate Licensed firearms owners with it to help their own agenda - I for one ain't going to help em and I encourage others to chose their words carefully when it comes to describing them as "Weapons" that's just playing right into their hands when we do so.

Cheers mate and happy shooting/hunting. ;)
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Bourt » 25 Nov 2014, 8:52 am

Welcome to the sport Emuman :)
Bourt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Return to Queensland gun laws