"The Project"

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

"The Project"

Post by Die Judicii » 26 May 2015, 7:41 pm

Anybody watch The Project tonight ????????????
Re military type training course near Melbourne.
Reportedly $600 per session.

The Project seemed down on the whole thing because they were using semi auto pistols.
They were generally down on the whole idea of teaching citizens how to use arms etc.

My personal view is What's all that different to the government taking citizens in for 12 months and giving them "National Service" ?????

At least the course is only short and voluntary.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: "The Project"

Post by on_one_wheel » 26 May 2015, 7:52 pm

I simply refuse to watch The Project, I don't know how ratings are worked out but I certainly don't rate it at all, news and reporting should be delivered in a neutral non opinionated tone allowing the viewers to make their own minds up about the matter.

All that banter between the hosts is plain annoying, I'm not in the slightest interested in their opinions.

Firearms training is a wise move. They should teach it at schools.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Browning » 26 May 2015, 8:35 pm

When they supported "our boys" on death row in Indonesia they lost me...
Very much a lefty, conservative, appease the status quo sort of program..
Browning
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by brett1868 » 26 May 2015, 8:36 pm

Any of you remember school cadets? By 15 I could field strip and clean a SLR and a couple times a year at camp we got to shoot them. Instead of turning me into gun obsessed mass murderer it gave me a respect for firearms and the dangers they present if not handled correctly. I'm all for school leavers doing 12 months in the military before going to university. They'd get some valuable life skills, exercise, free medical and possibly some direction in life. I'm not advocating they serve in combat roles, far from it but they could contribute to supporting the regulars in Australia.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 26 May 2015, 8:40 pm

Nup don't watch the "Reject" too annoying for me.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by graynomad » 26 May 2015, 9:30 pm

brett1868 wrote:Any of you remember school cadets? By 15 I could field strip and clean a SLR and a couple times a year at camp we got to shoot them. Instead of turning me into gun obsessed mass murderer it gave me a respect for firearms and the dangers they present if not handled correctly. I'm all for school leavers doing 12 months in the military before going to university. They'd get some valuable life skills, exercise, free medical and possibly some direction in life. I'm not advocating they serve in combat roles, far from it but they could contribute to supporting the regulars in Australia.

Likewise, we shot 303s, Bren guns and SLRs at school cadets, all live at the range and using blanks in the 303s when in bush camp at Singleton with "real" exercises defending our camp all day and well into the night while sleeping under a hoochy in a fox hole we dug ourselves.

AFAIK cadets can't even handle a gun these days, let alone shoot one (so I've been told anyway).

Oh, and "as above" re my opinion of the project.
graynomad
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Baldrick314 » 26 May 2015, 9:39 pm

graynomad wrote:AFAIK cadets can't even handle a gun these days, let alone shoot one (so I've been told anyway).

There were some cadets out at the pistol club a couple months back shooting 22 rifles. I pulled the bloke in charge aside and asked if they wanted to try shooting pistols but he told me they're not allowed. So they can still shoot long arms but not side arms.

As far as The Project, I catch five minutes of it every couple weeks and usually leave shaking my head at their naivety if not down right angry at their stupidity
.177, .22lr, .22-250R, 2x .308W, .30-30W, 7.62x54r, 8x56r, 9x19, .357 Mag, 12GA
Baldrick314
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Die Judicii » 26 May 2015, 10:11 pm

Baldrick314 wrote:
graynomad wrote:AFAIK cadets can't even handle a gun these days, let alone shoot one (so I've been told anyway).

There were some cadets out at the pistol club a couple months back shooting 22 rifles. I pulled the bloke in charge aside and asked if they wanted to try shooting pistols but he told me they're not allowed. So they can still shoot long arms but not side arms.

As far as The Project, I catch five minutes of it every couple weeks and usually leave shaking my head at their naivety if not down right angry at their stupidity

Yay Baldrick,
You hit the nail right on the head bloke.
In the OP I said they were against the fact that "semi autos" were being used.

The program itself called them "AUTOMATIC WEAPONS" (the pistols I saw were semis)

Maybe the Project people need enlightening.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Tindog » 26 May 2015, 10:59 pm

they also said weapons that are NOT AVAIL to Australians.. gee Im sure I cleaned my Beretta 92A1 4 hours ago.... and as Die said they refered the pistols as Automatic weapons -
yes they are called Automatics but they are NOT Automatic weapons. theres a big difference and AGAIN the Project gets it wrong.. idiots
Beretta 92A1
Tikka T3 CTR .308
Savage Arms Axis .223
Marlin (JM) 1895 SBL 45/70
Walther PPQ M2 .22
Sig Sauer 226 .177 Air
Desert Eagle 1911G
-- Without Trucks, Australia Stops. --
Tindog
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Title_II » 26 May 2015, 11:13 pm

Tindog wrote:they also said weapons that are NOT AVAIL to Australians.. gee Im sure I cleaned my Beretta 92A1 4 hours ago.... and as Die said they refered the pistols as Automatic weapons -
yes they are called Automatics but they are NOT Automatic weapons. theres a big difference and AGAIN the Project gets it wrong.. idiots

They don't care. At least they don't in the States. As long as it sounds scary who cares about the technical details.

Shoulder thing that goes up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rGpykAX1fo

30 clip magazine caliber half second:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJmFEv6BHM0
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by KWhorenet » 26 May 2015, 11:17 pm

The project are getting a few good jabs over their story telling and lack of effort to have a bit of knowledge on what they drivel on about.
https://www.facebook.com/theprojecttv (scroll down till you see Hockey and some cave dwelling guy )

here is the segment. (4 min video)
https://www.facebook.com/IDFtraining/vi ... cation=ufi
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by deye243 » 26 May 2015, 11:26 pm

i don't watch any of that type of crap on tv the only thing i watch that even comes close to CA or the so called reality $#@% is a fishing show
deye243
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Tindog » 27 May 2015, 12:28 am

Beretta 92A1
Tikka T3 CTR .308
Savage Arms Axis .223
Marlin (JM) 1895 SBL 45/70
Walther PPQ M2 .22
Sig Sauer 226 .177 Air
Desert Eagle 1911G
-- Without Trucks, Australia Stops. --
Tindog
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Bourt » 28 May 2015, 10:01 am

bigfellascott wrote:Nup don't watch the "Reject" too annoying for me.

Nail on the head.
Bourt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by RoginaJack » 28 May 2015, 9:17 pm

Yep, BRETT1868, fired Brens, Vickers MG, Owen, SMLE 303 and as a member of the school cadets fired SMLE .22 each Wednesday in comp..
Later in life had a group of Cadets come to the Big Bore range and instructed them is using the 9mm OMC. Had them firing bursts and single shots with it. Boy. that got them excited.... :)
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Tiger650 » 28 May 2015, 10:07 pm

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-26/c ... es/6341718

It is all about spin and gradualism, Fabian strategy.

I heard some selected comment from the female Judge at today's sentencing "You had become a hunter ".

Given that many of us are hunters and he plainly a predator I wonder why a presumably well educated person chose to use the term hunter ?

Possibly a result of poor vocabulary skills and a pisspoor education.
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by JOY » 29 May 2015, 12:07 pm

I like watching the Project but sometimes they do these crazy stories
JOY
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by veep » 01 Jun 2015, 11:44 am

JOY wrote:I like watching the Project but sometimes they do these crazy stories

Need some inflammatory content to stir up watchers now and then.
veep
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by headspace » 05 Jun 2015, 10:26 pm

The Project is the sort of show that appeals to the same sort of people who hang on every episode of every "reality " show. There's no journalism involved just a bunch of shallow unfunny misinformed social climbers who never let the facts get in way of what they perceive to be a good story. Yes, I don't like it.
JD
If it's not wood and blued steel, it's not one of mine
headspace
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Norton » 09 Jun 2015, 11:02 am

headspace wrote:There's no journalism involved just a bunch of shallow unfunny misinformed social climbers who never let the facts get in way of what they perceive to be a good story. Yes, I don't like it.
JD

+1
CZ 550 American Safari Magnum in .416 Rigby

Other puny calibre rifles... What man would want you now?
Norton
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Return to Queensland gun laws