Prohibited explosives (firework) charges and gun licence?

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Prohibited explosives (firework) charges and gun licence?

Post by Jacksoncallaghan » 09 Aug 2016, 7:58 pm

Hey guys
I'm looking to apply for my category A&B licence in QLD but last year I had to go to court because I got caught letting off a small firework I got charged with the use of a prohibited explosive conviction not recorded. How is this going to effect me in my application?

Cheers
Jacksoncallaghan
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Prohibited exsplosives charges and gun licence?

Post by Supaduke » 10 Aug 2016, 9:12 am

If a conviction was not recorded you should be ok. What a lame way to get in trouble lol
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 10 Aug 2016, 9:20 am

Yep to both above. Hope your not as much of a dumbarse if and when you get a firearms licence.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Baronvonrort » 10 Aug 2016, 12:01 pm

If you were given a good behaviour bond they will reject your license application
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Cryptic » 10 Aug 2016, 1:18 pm

Should be a summary of disqualifying offences on QLD weapons site. Usually anything with violence or misuse of weapons or drugs etc. Make sure to declare and write explaination.
I had a neg drive with GBH in 09 from an accident I didnt declare as no conviction was recorded.
I got rejected until I submitted a please explain and why I am a fit and proper person.
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 10 Aug 2016, 1:28 pm

yep.... the old 'character' test....you dont need a recorded conviction to get a red mark....
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by sandgroperbill » 10 Aug 2016, 1:36 pm

No experience with QLD, obviously, but a please explain may be difficult considering that a license would give you access to powders, it would be all about showing responsibility and abiding by the law. Might be a bit difficult if you were caught fooling around with illegal explosives (fireworks). LAFOs are held to extremely high standards here.
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Carter » 10 Aug 2016, 2:07 pm

"explosives"

Big word for a little firework :problem:
Carter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 11 Aug 2016, 8:44 am

Carter wrote:"explosives"

Big word for a little firework :problem:

Here we go again.jpg
Here we go again.jpg (10.8 KiB) Viewed 2931 times

I think they are under the Dangerous Goods regs in all states. Bit of a mountain out of mole hill situation though. Goes to show how you can get caught out.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 11 Aug 2016, 9:13 am

Well, the OP obviously likes things that go BANG. :lol:
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by happyhunter » 11 Aug 2016, 11:01 am

Jacksoncallaghan wrote:Hey guys
I'm looking to apply for my category A&B licence in QLD but last year I had to go to court because I got caught letting off a small firework I got charged with the use of a prohibited explosive conviction not recorded. How is this going to effect me in my application?

Cheers

Bummer you were busted for such a petty act. I wouldn't worry about it though. Unlikely it will effect your application.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by bigfellascott » 11 Aug 2016, 11:32 am

Gwion wrote:Yep to both above. Hope your not as much of a dumbarse if and when you get a firearms licence.

Why's he a dumbarse? just because some twats got their knickers in a not and decided fireworks were so scary and dangerous? f*** that I used to love cracker night, massive bomfires and shooting at each other with crackers was a great way to spend a night! :lol:

To the OP, get onto the Weapons Licensing and run it past them, they should be able to give you an idea if it's going to be an issue or not I would think.

Good luck :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 11 Aug 2016, 11:54 am

Around my joint, where we usually have very dry grass during the silly (firecracker) season, I usually spend the wee hours listening to WHERE the firecrackers are let off.... many are much more than crackers, closer to full on pyrotechnic shows.... YES, they might be fun at the time, and strictly speaking I'm against the over regulation of everything by 'the state'....

However

these guys ARE monumental idiots, dumb arses who could so easily cause a horrendous destruction around a densely populated area...a few years ago we had a.... I'm at a loss to describe the type..... who SET UP in the middle of a dry-as-a-bone paddock... long story short, court time, big fine. Could have been a lot worse. :thumbsdown:

Under better conditions, supervision. go nuts.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Return to Queensland gun laws