How would you like our gun laws to change?

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

Re: How would you like our gun laws to change?

Post by pajamatime » 21 Feb 2014, 8:57 am

horter wrote:Yep, everyone does some time there. I have a mate from that neck of the woods who did the same when he was younger.

The idea is that while they don't have a standing army, the country can defend itself if needed instead of being a drain on itself while a minority try to protect the useless majority.

A good system really.

yeah i like it, that and I would think it would be gratifying for civilians to be brought into the fold of national defense of there nation against foreign invaders. nothing worse then to be treated like a little kid and having our bums wiped like we are incapable of managing much else XD lol
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by disko » 21 Feb 2014, 2:17 pm

Copying and pasting from my answer in another topic on shooting licenses...

Anywhere a licensed shooter can shoot, I reckon a non-licensed shooter should be able to as well while under supervision.

Makes no sense to me to limit it to shooting ranges.
Meopta Meopro 4-12x50mm on Fluted Howa Sporter.
.308 Winchester.
disko
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by pajamatime » 01 Mar 2014, 1:08 pm

disko wrote:Copying and pasting from my answer in another topic on shooting licenses...

Anywhere a licensed shooter can shoot, I reckon a non-licensed shooter should be able to as well while under supervision.

Makes no sense to me to limit it to shooting ranges.

at this point in time i think at least they are aiming for sport protection rather then firearm freedom given how well the extremist Greens use everything that goes wrong big or little to push their agenda.

i personally would love more firearm freedoms but I can understand why its not appropriate at this time.
but like I always say, with such freedoms anal educative methods should be in full force to protect such freedoms.

edit: i just re-read my post and lawled at "anal educative methods" and the thought of someones personal interpretation of it
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Skadoo » 01 Mar 2014, 2:33 pm

Too many politicians don't understand education sadly. All they seem to understand is the threat of punishment.

Reactive and punative, never pro-active and educational. That's their system.
Skadoo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by handofcod » 03 Mar 2014, 8:18 pm

No restriction on the class of firearm ownership BUT you have to prove your readiness via a system of grading. As you move up into the more 'powerful' or 'dangerous' classes (ie semi autos, pumps, handguns) you have to attend appropriate training and testing. Get rid of the requirements for attending competitions and replace it with a yearly renewal process that shows you are still worthy of ownership.

People at the top of the grade table who own semi auto handguns and rifles are obliged to donate one weekend of their time every year to train and test the lower grades.

The first grades are the easiest and quickest, the higher grades take longer to achieve and require more training. In other words, dedication is the high bar for ownership, not 'genuine reason'.

Lastly, get rid of the PTA process - it achieves absolutely nothing.
CZ452 22lr | Remington 5R Milspec in .223 | Tikka Hunter in 300wsm | Ruger Scout in .308
handofcod
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Previous

Return to Victorian gun laws