Rental/ wooden floor boards

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

Rental/ wooden floor boards

Post by huntingfishingand4x4 » 10 Jun 2019, 12:02 pm

What’s the go for wooden floor boards for installing safe? Instead of concrete
huntingfishingand4x4
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Rental/ wooden floor boards

Post by pomemax » 10 Jun 2019, 12:10 pm

get one that,s over 150 kg is that the same in Vic as Nsw
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by xDom » 10 Jun 2019, 12:18 pm

Can’t you fix it to an internal wall stud?
xDom
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by huntingfishingand4x4 » 10 Jun 2019, 12:22 pm

Yes but I will also like to anchor it to the floor
huntingfishingand4x4
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by pomemax » 10 Jun 2019, 12:59 pm

huntingfishingand4x4 wrote:Yes but I will also like to anchor it to the floor

coach bolt to studs underfloor
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by JSS » 10 Jun 2019, 3:25 pm

If it's a rental like your heading suggests i'd be checking with the owner before drilling holes in their wooden floors. If someone did that in one of my places without asking their bond money would be going towards replacing those floorboards. Much easier to bolt it to wall studs, then all you have is a little gyprock patching & painting when you remove it. It won't move if you get it bolted top & bottom to the studs.
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by No1Mk3 » 10 Jun 2019, 4:57 pm

JSS wrote:If it's a rental like your heading suggests i'd be checking with the owner before drilling holes in their wooden floors. If someone did that in one of my places without asking their bond money would be going towards replacing those floorboards. Much easier to bolt it to wall studs, then all you have is a little gyprock patching & painting when you remove it. It won't move if you get it bolted top & bottom to the studs.

This, decent 8mm or so Teks into the wall studs top and bottom and it will be very hard to move, in many cases superior to a loxon in concrete as the safe itself cannot be used as a lever to pull out the loxon or whatever masonry anchor you use. A bit of filler and paint when you leave and you get your bond back, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by OldManShooter » 15 Jun 2019, 2:21 pm

JSS wrote:If it's a rental like your heading suggests i'd be checking with the owner before drilling holes in their wooden floors. If someone did that in one of my places without asking their bond money would be going towards replacing those floorboards. Much easier to bolt it to wall studs, then all you have is a little gyprock patching & painting when you remove it. It won't move if you get it bolted top & bottom to the studs.

Yep , i did this. Easy to find 2 studs, 4 coach screws in each. Thing goes nowhere
OldManShooter
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Return to Victorian gun laws