moving from Qld to Vic

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

moving from Qld to Vic

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 27 Aug 2019, 7:00 pm

Hi All planing to move to country Victoria and wondering about the logistics of getting a new license and storing firearms. If we rent do I need to tell landlord - and I guess I need to bolt a safe to the floor - may not like that in a rental. Is there commercial gun storage readily available Ballarat/Bendigo?

Cheers for any feedback
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Re: moving from Qld to Vic

Post by marksman » 27 Aug 2019, 7:48 pm

you will have 3 months to change your licence over so if you have dates ect it would be good to book in for your safety test before you come down
you do not have to tell the landlord anything and I wouldn't, you will have to have the firearms safe bolted to the floor or wall but if you fix damage before you leave there is no problem that I can see,
I dont know of any commercial gun storage in that area but if you want to pursue that I would be asking the local gun shops
probably be a good thing to find out who the local dfo is and contact them for some advise :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 29 Aug 2019, 6:46 pm

Thanks Marksman - good advice
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Sarco » 29 Aug 2019, 7:32 pm

Some of the Kennards Storage Centres have firearms storage facilities, but not sure if these exist in the Ballarat/Bendigo areas.

The Vic Pol firearms Licencing & Regulation Division website would be a good spot to start getting the information:

https://www.police.vic.gov.au/firearms- ... nformation
Sarco
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Return to Victorian gun laws