Vic police letter

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

Vic police letter

Post by pete1 » 21 Oct 2019, 7:34 pm

So got a letter today about reclasifaction of leaver action shotguns. As i read it it says i must resubmit letter confirming i own the firearm. Then another part says dont need to do anything if details are correct. Then another part asks on form to state pistol barrel length. Dont own a pistol so god knows what they want.

Anyone got the same letter and made more sence to them?
22LR
12G
12G
12G
pete1
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Vic police letter

Post by VICHunter » 22 Oct 2019, 9:39 am

Not so far.

I'll keep an eye on the mail and post back though if/when I get something.
VICHunter
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 22 Oct 2019, 3:08 pm

pete1 wrote:So got a letter today about reclasifaction of leaver action shotguns. As i read it it says i must resubmit letter confirming i own the firearm. Then another part says dont need to do anything if details are correct. Then another part asks on form to state pistol barrel length. Dont own a pistol so god knows what they want.

Anyone got the same letter and made more sence to them?

Is this only going to registered owners of lever-guns or can we all expect it?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 26 Oct 2019, 3:19 pm

this may be why as of oct 2nd 2019 in victoria :unknown:

to acquire a lever action shotgun with a magazine capacity of no more than 5 rounds a person will need to hold a Category B longarm licence. to acquire a lever action shotgun with a magazine capacity of greater than 5 rounds a person will need to hold a Category D longarm licence.
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 26 Oct 2019, 5:24 pm

marksman wrote:this may be why as of oct 2nd 2019 in victoria :unknown:

to acquire a lever action shotgun with a magazine capacity of no more than 5 rounds a person will need to hold a Category B longarm licence. to acquire a lever action shotgun with a magazine capacity of greater than 5 rounds a person will need to hold a Category D longarm licence.

A guy I know here also received this letter, but he does own a lever-gun, so I'm guessing only registered owners are getting them.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Victorian gun laws