Are PTA’s being denied?

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

Are PTA’s being denied?

Post by bender21 » 27 Apr 2020, 10:22 am

Wondering what is happening with the covid19 restrictions in regards to PTAs that were submitted before the ban, I submitted mine along with my license and received my license in the mail about a week before everything was shut down, however my PTA was not processed in time and I got no further update on it.

I contacted LRD via email and just received a form letter back with info about the lockdown and a link to the FAQ page.

Does anybody know if PTAs that were submitted before the changes occurred will still be processed or is it a matter of waiting until restrictions are eased and then applying again?
bender21
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Are PTA’s being denied?

Post by Aliqua » 27 Apr 2020, 10:41 am

Which state? Any pta applied for after march 23 close of business in VIC is being declined.
Aliqua
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 27 Apr 2020, 12:08 pm

Not being issued, even the PTA's I got back from them before the ban are not allowed to be accepted by the gundealer. I have to re-apply for them after the bans are lifted. Only exemptions are for farmers and cullers, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by AusC » 27 Apr 2020, 12:23 pm

I can't remember if I read on the Vic Pol site, or if I got an email telling me.

No link sorry, but the message was that all PTA for Victoria were currently on hold unless for primary production etc.

None being issued for any variety of recreational shooting.
300 Win Mag Tikka T3 Lite.
4-12x42 Zeiss Terra.
AusC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by bender21 » 27 Apr 2020, 1:52 pm

Sorry guys, I’m in Victoria.
The below was sent to me on the 25th but my permit never arrived so I’m guessing it didn’t make through the system.

please be advised that LRD can confirmed that your permit application will be reviewed today, as the system has been pending the application for the plastic licence to be issued. LRD can confirm that the plastic licence was dispatch to you on 17/03/2020. Your permit will be sent to your nominated postal address.
bender21
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Aliqua » 27 Apr 2020, 2:26 pm

My PTA was applied for on 21/03 and I got my rifle on Mon 30/04. Guys at the dealer said that any application after 23/03 5pm was not going through. That's the only information I can provide in relation to your query as it came from the dealer.
Aliqua
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 27 Apr 2020, 3:06 pm

bender21 wrote:Wondering what is happening with the covid19 restrictions in regards to PTAs that were submitted before the ban, I submitted mine along with my license and received my license in the mail about a week before everything was shut down, however my PTA was not processed in time and I got no further update on it.

I contacted LRD via email and just received a form letter back with info about the lockdown and a link to the FAQ page.

Does anybody know if PTAs that were submitted before the changes occurred will still be processed or is it a matter of waiting until restrictions are eased and then applying again?

Dealer rang and told me mine had been "abandoned", her words but I don't know what it actually said on her screen.
Licence renewals are still happening, did mine last week.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by AussieCapitalist » 27 Apr 2020, 5:49 pm

QLD gives you a 6 month time limit to use the PTA before it expires, does VIC do the same?
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Aliqua » 27 Apr 2020, 8:16 pm

28 days in VIC. But yes "abandoned" is what it comes up on their screen at the moment for covid-19 restriction cancellations.

I believe primary producers and professional hunters can still obtain.

Refer to this link from VicPol

https://www.police.vic.gov.au/firearms-industry-news

https://www.police.vic.gov.au/sites/def ... 4.2020.pdf
Aliqua
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Return to Victorian gun laws