How long until PTA's resume?

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

Re: How long until PTA's resume?

Post by TassieTiger » 02 May 2020, 10:04 pm

Roflmao AC...gold.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by ozzielee303 » 03 May 2020, 10:55 am

dpskipper wrote:Until we see some real progress in the courts from the legal challenge that NSC is mounting, expect VicPol to be reluctant to resume PTA's until every last excuse has been exhausted.

When is this happening?
Sorry,have to get up to date with things again,used to be,then I got crook :crazy:
Cheers
ozzielee303
"I'll tell you what rule we applied sir,We applied rule 3-0-3, We caught them and we shot them, under rule 3-0-3." :Lt Harry " Breaker" Morant at his court martial in January 1902.
ozzielee303
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by ozzielee303 » 03 May 2020, 11:17 am

Sorry
I have just done some searching and found out what and when it is happening,supposed to be a "Direction Hearing" May11th,with the Firearms Appeals Committee,that would coincide with Chairman Dan reviewing the Covid-19 lockdown,he may just lift the restrictions to save face?????
Cheers
ozzielee303
"I'll tell you what rule we applied sir,We applied rule 3-0-3, We caught them and we shot them, under rule 3-0-3." :Lt Harry " Breaker" Morant at his court martial in January 1902.
ozzielee303
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by dpskipper » 03 May 2020, 11:20 am

ozzielee303 wrote:Sorry
I have just done some searching and found out what and when it is happening,supposed to be a "Direction Hearing" May11th,with the Firearms Appeals Committee,that would coincide with Chairman Dan reviewing the Covid-19 lockdown,he may just lift the restrictions to save face?????

Why would Dan care about saving face? The occupational guys are sorted out. And since when did labour publicly give a s**t about recreational guys. Sorry for being cynical but the the longer PTAs are closed the more labour voters rejoice.
Wedgetail WT15
Riverman OAF
Desert Tech SRS
Adler 7 shot
dpskipper
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by TheFirearmEnthusiast » 03 May 2020, 11:54 am

This is so incredibly frustrating
Hopefully the SSAA, the Shooters, Fishers and Farmers Party and similar organisations will put pressure on the state government and Victoria Police to resume PTA's once the state of emergency is lifted

Surely, it would make no sense at all to STILL have the PTA's banned if there is no state of emergency
(If the emergency is gone)

That would make absolutely no sense at all

Victoria Police themselves said:
"This suspension, effective immediately, will remain for the duration of the COVID-19 emergency"

So once the covid 19 state emergency is lifted
We SHOULD see PTA's resume
(Technically speaking, according to what Victoria Police said themselves)

*crossed fingers*
TheFirearmEnthusiast
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Larry » 03 May 2020, 1:40 pm

How long will they need to keep a deceleration of emergency? It will be probably be needed right until the last restriction or procedure is needed. ie do you think they will allow international travel in a months time. If they do allow international travel will they want to enforce a mandatory 14 day isolation? If they do want to impose those measures then I think they will need to have a state of emergency declared to do so.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by AussieCapitalist » 03 May 2020, 1:45 pm

I don't think there will be much international travel going on at least until next year. Keep the national boarders closed and open up the state boarders as normal. If people do wish to come in from overseas I would say they will be made to isolate at an airport hotel for the 2 weeks. Flights are the big thing at the moment. They are all pretty much grounded.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by dpskipper » 03 May 2020, 1:46 pm

Larry wrote:How long will they need to keep a deceleration of emergency? It will be probably be needed right until the last restriction or procedure is needed. ie do you think they will allow international travel in a months time. If they do allow international travel will they want to enforce a mandatory 14 day isolation? If they do want to impose those measures then I think they will need to have a state of emergency declared to do so.

The brilliant thing is it is entirely upto them. We could have almost eradicated the virus and community risk, but as long as the state government believe there is still some sort of 'emergency' they can keep it. Tyrants.
Wedgetail WT15
Riverman OAF
Desert Tech SRS
Adler 7 shot
dpskipper
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by ozzielee303 » 03 May 2020, 2:02 pm

dpskipper wrote:
ozzielee303 wrote:Sorry

Why would Dan care about saving face? The occupational guys are sorted out. And since when did labour publicly give a s**t about recreational guys. Sorry for being cynical but the the longer PTAs are closed the more labour voters rejoice.

Hey mate
I hear ya and yes,Labour don't give a s**t,they are not even being transparent in their decisions.
I could be,as well as a lot more fellow Victorians,waiting awhile before we can get our PTA's :wtf:
Cheers
ozzielee303
ozzielee303
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by TheFirearmEnthusiast » 03 May 2020, 2:19 pm

Long story short;
- The quicker we eradicate the virus
- The quicker the state of emergency will be repealed
- The quicker we will get our PTA's back
It pretty much all completely boils down to this ^

I'm confident we will be okay....

In Victoria, yesterday we recorded 7x new cases only
The day before it was: 3x cases
The day before it was: 7x cases
The day before it was: 3x cases
The day before it was: 2x cases
And it's been like that for a while I believe ^

The virus truly seems to be dying in Victoria
The virus truly does seem to be on its way to extinction in Victoria
I really hope it stays that way
If it does, we should get our PTA's back within the next 2x months I would say..

But like you guys said, it's pretty much all depends on the interpretation of Daniel Andrews also

However, I dont think he even thinks about PTA's to be honest
I don't think PTA's even cross his mind to be honest
I doubt he would keep the state of emergency in place just to frustrate us firearm owners lol
Even though I dislike Labor a lot, I don't think he would do that

So I think we could be okay soon

We'll just have to wait and see I guess
TheFirearmEnthusiast
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by TheFirearmEnthusiast » 03 May 2020, 2:56 pm

A little addition to my last post;

The state of emergency that we have in Victoria right now

Technically speaking it's only valid till the 11th of May
"A State of Emergency has been declared in Victoria from 16 March 2020 until 11 May 2020 to manage coronavirus (COVID-19)"
https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/state-emergency

Technically speaking, the state of emergency could very well end in 8x days only, as that's when it's technically meant to expire (on the 11th of May)

Unless if Daniel Andrews chooses to extend the state of emergency

On the 11th of May, we will have a clearer picture of where we stand regarding our PTA's folks
:thumbsup:
TheFirearmEnthusiast
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by dpskipper » 03 May 2020, 3:35 pm

Nothing stopping andrews relaxing restrictions while still keeping the state of emergency. Why he keeps the state of emergency could be for several reasons. I'd guess primarily to ensure the police still have their totalitarian permissions that allow them to inspect a premises to ensure people are self isolating.
Wedgetail WT15
Riverman OAF
Desert Tech SRS
Adler 7 shot
dpskipper
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by TheFirearmEnthusiast » 03 May 2020, 3:43 pm

dpskipper wrote:Nothing stopping andrews relaxing restrictions while still keeping the state of emergency. Why he keeps the state of emergency could be for several reasons. I'd guess primarily to ensure the police still have their totalitarian permissions that allow them to inspect a premises to ensure people are self isolating.

You're right
That could be the case
He could do that
That's true

We'll have to wait and see what happens on the 11th of May
TheFirearmEnthusiast
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by AussieCapitalist » 03 May 2020, 3:49 pm

State of emergency allows access to extra money and resources. All these things Dan Andrews is saying like free hotels for workers and free daycare etc will have to be paid back by the Victorian taxpayer.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by linkoln » 03 May 2020, 4:02 pm

TheFirearmEnthusiast wrote:But like you guys said, it's pretty much all depends on the interpretation of Daniel Andrews also

However, I dont think he even thinks about PTA's to be honest
I don't think PTA's even cross his mind to be honest
I doubt he would keep the state of emergency in place just to frustrate us firearm owners lol
Even though I dislike Labor a lot, I don't think he would do that

So I think we could be okay soon

We'll just have to wait and see I guess

He isn't making these decisions alone so it is someone's job to worry about PTAs.
It was reported the number of applications to access firearms doubled to 2200.
Victoria Police deputy commissioner Shane Patton believed it was "too much of a risk to allow that to continue"
linkoln
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by TheFirearmEnthusiast » 04 May 2020, 3:33 pm

Well cr@p

Today's results;
ACT: 0x cases
NSW: 1x case
NT: 0x cases
QLD: 0x cases
SA: 0x cases
TAS: 0x cases
WA: 0x cases
VIC: 22x cases

Frick.

The state government could use today's results to extend the state of emergency now

Ugh.....
TheFirearmEnthusiast
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by ozzielee303 » 04 May 2020, 8:38 pm

TheFirearmEnthusiast wrote:Well cr@p

Today's results;

Frick.

The state government could use today's results to extend the state of emergency now

Ugh.....

Mate
Exactly what I thought too and he probably will,but weren't some of those 22 cases,the 18 or so of the Cedar Meat works,that was a cluster or something like that????
Seems funny they finding these new cases,just before the "State of Emergency" is being lifted? :unknown:

:drinks:
Cheers
ozzielee303
ozzielee303
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by TheFirearmEnthusiast » 04 May 2020, 8:52 pm

ozzielee303 wrote:
TheFirearmEnthusiast wrote:Well cr@p

Today's results;

Frick.

Ugh.....

Mate
Exactly what I thought too and he probably will,but weren't some of those 22 cases,the 18 or so of the Cedar Meat works,that was a cluster or something like that????
Seems funny they finding these new cases,just before the "State of Emergency" is being lifted? :unknown:

:drinks:

You're right
19x of those cases were related to the Cedar Meat place I think I heard on the news

So if you take the meat place out of the equation
Then that means that we only had 3x new cases of corona virus over the past 24hours in Victoria.

Great number. Since we tested 15,000x people I think.

Hopefully that little cluster of cases won't jeopardise our chances of having the state of emergency lifted on May the 11th....

I just want our PTA's back lol

Even if they don't resume shooting ranges
Even if they don't resume recreational hunting

It would just be pleasant being able to collect the rifles that you've already paid for lol..
TheFirearmEnthusiast
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by TheFirearmEnthusiast » 05 May 2020, 10:05 pm

Good news;
(Well kind of, strictly relating to PTA's)

- With 1.5x million people unemployed in AUS
- With half of the Australian workforce being on some form of welfare
- With the lockdown costing the Australian economy $4billion dollars per week
That's all completely unsustainable ^

Plus, on top of that;
- With some states already opening up
- With the Federal Government being in a rush to re-open Australia economically
- With the Federal Government putting pressure on premiers to re-open their states also

Hopefully we'll see the state of emergency being repealed very soon..

- crossed fingers -
TheFirearmEnthusiast
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by TheFirearmEnthusiast » 07 May 2020, 10:56 pm

Update;

In terms of easing of the lockdown
There's gonna be 3x different stages

In the 1st stage of the easing of the lockdown

They will resume;
- community sport
- parks
- playgrounds
- pools
- outdoor activities

Looks like shooting ranges will reopen during stage 1 guys
That looks like a guarantee

Which means that PTA's will resume probably simultaneously

It's looking good for us fellas
TheFirearmEnthusiast
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by linkoln » 08 May 2020, 11:57 am

TheFirearmEnthusiast wrote:
It's looking good for us fellas

It's in the Australian constitution that the national government can't interfere with state matters so even if Morrison announces an easing of restrictions it is just a guide and victoria is still at the mercy of the Andrews government.
linkoln
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Larry » 08 May 2020, 1:07 pm

Also in Queensland they have reopened gun shops but there is still a ban on the shooting ranges either via the range itself or via the Associations. That could be a precedent for other states. only thing we can do is wait.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by Member-Deleted » 08 May 2020, 1:36 pm

OVer 70 cases connected to the meat works now
Member-Deleted

Post by TheFirearmEnthusiast » 08 May 2020, 7:18 pm

Under phase 1 of the easing of restrictions

They will resume;
- Retail stores
- Auctions
- Outdoor organised sports
- Community centres
- Libraries
- Boot camps
- Universities
- Outdoor gyms
- Playgrounds
- Skate parks
- Swimming pools
- Cafes and restaurants (four square metres of space per person)

It looks to me that shooting ranges will re-open during phase 1 of the easing of restrictions....
(Especially considering the fact that shooting is a "non-contact" sport, therefore less risky therefore safer)

And if shooting ranges re-open, I reckon it wouldn’t be long after that that PTA’s will resume also
(As shooting ranges and PTA’s go hand in hand I reckon)

Not to mention that the "state of emergency" for Victoria will officially end on Monday as well
(With the ban of the PTA's meant to expire at the same time too, as it was announced by Victoria Police)

I think it’s looking good folks....

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone
TheFirearmEnthusiast
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by dpskipper » 08 May 2020, 7:43 pm

TheFirearmEnthusiast wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong anyone

Not wrong, just hopeful, like all of us.
Wedgetail WT15
Riverman OAF
Desert Tech SRS
Adler 7 shot
dpskipper
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Aliqua » 08 May 2020, 9:18 pm

Found this in the PM's media release. Until they specifically say "shooting ranges" or "recreational hunting" it's all assumed that we fall or do not fall under one of the categories... for example, in stage 1 outdoor activities limited to 10 people? Will they have to stagger their entries and do timed/booked blocks? And in stage 2 all outdoor activities up to 20 people, and stage three 100 people...

I cant see how that wont open hunting straight away which means PTA'S, and the purchase of ammunition should be allowed.

I vote to stay optimistic and that we may fall under outdoor activities and at a range they may shut down every 2nd bench or something to ensure there is the 4m² distance between people - and a requirement to wipe down your bench before and after use or something which seems like the logical thing to me after the PM stated we should be wiping down playgrounds before and after use...

Just trying to read between the lines and see the light at the end of the tunnel.

All this being said, this is the federal goverments notice, he's reminded us that the individual premiers have the final say to enact these stages when they see fit. In Vic, Andrew's Govt isn't nudging until his media conference on Monday... :unknown:
Attachments
IMG-20200508-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20200508-WA0007.jpg (278.05 KiB) Viewed 5782 times
IMG-20200508-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20200508-WA0006.jpg (147.41 KiB) Viewed 5782 times
Aliqua
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 09 May 2020, 8:41 am

The traffic in Melbourne are getting worse by the day. There are already far more people in the city than a couple of weeks ago.
I think people are getting a little frustrated that Andrews is taking the hard line approach and are quietly starting to revolt and do their own s**t. I think he is lucky the weather is crappy this weekend or else no one would care what he thought any more and do as they please
Member-Deleted

Post by TassieTiger » 09 May 2020, 9:53 am

I agree Denno - seeing the same in Tas and Briz Vegas, ppl are seeing numbers drop and flouting rules and doing as they please.
That’s understandable really but it’s going to only take one significant outbreak and we start a modified version again...As Stix posted elsewhere - supermarkets are full, hardly normal and Bunnings etc - cramming no’s in. Their profits must be huge as a result...imagine a govt direction to close all shops but yours was ruled as essential? Jackpot!
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by AussieCapitalist » 09 May 2020, 2:06 pm

Its kind of like when you come a traffic light that is out and its just flashing orange. The cars pretty much figure out that they giveaway and everybody gets through safely. People don't want big brother governing every aspect of their life, we the people can figure it out on our own.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by TheFirearmEnthusiast » 09 May 2020, 7:46 pm

Do you guys reckon that Target Shooting at the range would be in Phase 1 or Phase 2 of the easing of the lock down?

Technically speaking
Target shooting at the range is the safest of all sports
As it's a "non-contact" sport
Logically speaking, target shooting should fall in Phase 1, considering the fact that there's zero risk involved in it..........
TheFirearmEnthusiast
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

PreviousNext

Return to Victorian gun laws