Duck hunters being watched.

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

Duck hunters being watched.

Post by Oldbloke » 20 May 2020, 11:54 am

Now anti duck hunters are usung drones to dob in hunters doing the wrong thing. Well I believe we should stick to the rules, most are there for a reason.

So, is it time we, as a group start taking photos of greenies/animal activists breaking the law a dob them in? Just to do the right thing and ensure they also abide by the regulations.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-20/ ... d/12264650
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: Duck hunters being watched.

Post by Ziege » 20 May 2020, 12:05 pm

Yep, take them to the cleaners, only problem is that we usually have jobs and they dont
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 20 May 2020, 1:15 pm

Not sure laws over there - but your not allowed to fly drones over wetlands down here...if they have a failure and the lithium battery goes into the water - it’s now a contaminated water way...
As for the guy snorting speed or coke - not sure I’d want to be standing near that joker regardless lol.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by No1Mk3 » 20 May 2020, 1:40 pm

G'day Oldbloke
Yes, film the beggars if you can without ruining your hunt, say after you make bag for the day. Good old Aunty! Never let the facts get in the way of a good anti-gun story! One drug user busted, good, don't want people getting sh**tfaced and shooting, as for the 2 prosecutions from 44 complaints they could have added that 42 of those complaints were vexatious, and untrue. Just like their layout of protected species stunt, that Levy rat has been prosecuted for keeping a protected species in his freezer and trotting it out for the media (Aunty again) to rage over. Shouldn't be too hard on the ABC I suppose, none of the others treat us any better, Kochie anyone? Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by albat » 20 May 2020, 4:41 pm

Those drones are easily mistaken for waterfowl in my experience!
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Ziege » 20 May 2020, 4:46 pm

albat wrote:Those drones are easily mistaken for waterfowl in my experience!

+1
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by Aliqua » 20 May 2020, 5:01 pm

From Parks Victoria Website:
Remotely piloted aircraft systems (RPAS) and drones
Parks Victoria has regulations that govern the use of RPAS. These regulations build on Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) guidelines to allow the safe use of RPAS. Parks Victoria regulations consider RPAS to be aircraft, and vary depending on who is piloting or operating the RPAS. Recreational use of RPAS by the general public is prohibited on Parks Victoria managed land. The recreational use of RPAS is not permitted under Parks Victoria regulations and visitors should refrain from flying them or they may receive a penalty infringement notice. Commercial filming on Parks Victoria managed land requires a permit, including to use RPAS.

The only exclusion is for commercial use in which case a permit is required, and there is A LOT that goes into getting those permits - to the point that they have to be date and time specific including purpose... so it's not as if they are filming a "Visit Victoria" advertisement, and then on their lunch break they are hunting hunters... These people are breaking their own set of laws...
Last edited by Aliqua on 20 May 2020, 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aliqua
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 20 May 2020, 5:01 pm

I’d be careful “mistaking” one - as IF the recording device is on the controller (not the drone) and they can see you taking aim / firing - they will have video of you recorded on their phone or controller, mistaking an identity...and in Tas at least, you have to undergo an identity test of water birds.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 20 May 2020, 5:04 pm

But it might be worth it... just for the enjoyment
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 20 May 2020, 5:21 pm

No doubt - seeing Li batteries activated by the open air can be something else...but not sure how far it might go, a complaint if nothing else - and then your firearms are potentially confiscated.
There was a law passed locally that drones could not fly within xxx metres of an unknown person and if so, that person had the right to deter the drone via means available...I’m not sure wtf that might mean to be honest - I’m gunna go out on a limb and say some 2 x win” no4’s in 12g isn’t what they had in mind...but a few rocks ? An archery set? Another drone? Who knows...
But we had one creative person down here who flew his drone to Bunnings a while back with a note and $2.50 - he got a sausage with sauce and flew it back home. He was then tracked and fined by FDA...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Oldbloke » 20 May 2020, 6:59 pm

albat wrote:Those drones are easily mistaken for waterfowl in my experience!

Lol.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 20 May 2020, 7:03 pm

G'day TassieTiger,
I'm pretty sure no one would mistake one for a Blue Shoveller, but they do look an awful lot like a Brown Noser or in the right light a Green Bastard!
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by GQshayne » 20 May 2020, 7:45 pm

I agree with the above comments - my first thought was that it would be an illegal action. Which leads me to the numpty drug users court case. It would be interesting to see a defence argument based on evidence being obtained illegally. Coppers cannot obtain evidence without a warrant to search, and if they do such evidence will be inadmissible in court. And the druggie was filmed illegally.

And I reckon with my failing eyesight a drone would look like a nice target. :allegedly:
GQshayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 20 May 2020, 9:06 pm

Not 100% on that GQ. Where I work, we have to take video footage to cops for all manner of things and they definitely lead to prosecutions...
If the knob jockey is going to the extremes of filming the. They are also likely to rattle their van as loud as they can in court...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by AussieCapitalist » 21 May 2020, 8:49 am

They are also getting their firearm licences and going out there to purposely miss the shot to scare them away.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Aliqua » 21 May 2020, 8:50 am

Seems like a stupid way of doing things... I mean -- expensive (good for the retail side of the industry) but they could get the same result with an air horn?
Aliqua
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by AussieCapitalist » 21 May 2020, 9:02 am

Aliqua wrote:Seems like a stupid way of doing things... I mean -- expensive (good for the retail side of the industry) but they could get the same result with an air horn?

Everything those people do is stupid mate. Their plan is infiltration and eradication from the inside. When I worked at a coal mine they would sneak into the mine and chain themselves to equipment and some of them even raid farms to cause damage. They are being funded by groups such as the get up and GCA which are funded by the open society foundation and the bill land melinda gates foundation so it is not always their money.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by rc42 » 21 May 2020, 9:15 am

Anyone in a public place has no reasonable right to privacy and can be filmed without their permission (including police), any video can then be used as evidence in court by prosecution or defense.
If somebody was taking illegal drugs or alcohol and shooting then well done to the people that filmed it, we don't need shooters like that, just as we don't need drivers like that. If somebody films protesters breaking laws then well done to them too. The best way to avoid any concerns about drone cameras is stay legal and keep doing the right thing.

However, for those that are out shooting, if a low flying drone does come near it would be unfortunate if a shooter didn't see it and fired at a duck just as it was passing it. Clearly they should never aim at it deliberately.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 21 May 2020, 10:17 am

Mate do you have any proof that bill gates foundation supports get up
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 21 May 2020, 11:53 am

Drones cannot be legally flown within 30m if anyone not associated with the control of drone...not in national parks, etc etc etc etc
http://www.edotas.org.au/wp-content/upl ... he-law.pdf
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by womble » 21 May 2020, 12:27 pm

Surely they could find a better cause to fight for than save the duck.
Must be the retards all the other environmental groups rejected.
Get kicked out of that group and join save the ants
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 21 May 2020, 12:48 pm

Yeh last few of trips Ive made over 12 months, never seen so many ducks. It's not like they are endangered.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Victorian gun laws