Hunting under Covid restrictions

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

Hunting under Covid restrictions

Post by bladeracer » 08 Aug 2020, 6:50 pm

From my local member today.
Attachments
Melina Bath hunting restrictions.JPG
Melina Bath hunting restrictions.JPG (75.67 KiB) Viewed 4111 times
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: Hunting under Covid restrictions

Post by eddievic » 08 Aug 2020, 7:49 pm

Us city folk can't go to rural to "help" our farmers can we?

Thanks
117, 22lr, 223, 243, 264, 308, 338, 416, 20g 12g

Soo many, but not enough
eddievic
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by dpskipper » 20 Aug 2020, 11:02 am

eddievic wrote:Us city folk can't go to rural to "help" our farmers can we?

Thanks

Nope. Can't leave metro melb unless you're employed by a rural farmer.
Wedgetail WT15
Riverman OAF
Desert Tech SRS
Adler 7 shot
dpskipper
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Ziege » 20 Aug 2020, 11:26 am

looks like you mexicans will be doing a fair few tax file declarations then haha
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by TimTimney » 20 Aug 2020, 8:17 pm

Dont know about Mexicans m8 its more like East Berliners. Theres a bloody big wall around the city!!!
Wisdom is knowing what to do next, Virtue is doing it
TimTimney
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 20 Aug 2020, 8:34 pm

dpskipper wrote:
eddievic wrote:Us city folk can't go to rural to "help" our farmers can we?

Thanks

Nope. Can't leave metro melb unless you're employed by a rural farmer.

I don't think you can leave Melbourne Stage 4 zone even for that.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Ziege » 20 Aug 2020, 11:35 pm

definitely mexicans, dirty dirty mexicans lol
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 22 Aug 2020, 11:23 pm

So, I'm under regional stage 3 restrictions and allowed to go hunting. I'd like to go out to a SF next week for a day trip. But it's a tad over 100km.

Is that ok? What's the max distance? I havnt seen a distance guide, just close to home. Pretty vague.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 23 Aug 2020, 2:21 am

Oldbloke wrote:So, I'm under regional stage 3 restrictions and allowed to go hunting. I'd like to go out to a SF next week for a day trip. But it's a tad over 100km.

Is that ok? What's the max distance? I havnt seen a distance guide, just close to home. Pretty vague.

Is it the closest state forest you can hunt in?
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 23 Aug 2020, 8:23 am

No.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 23 Aug 2020, 10:14 am

Oldbloke wrote:No.

I would think not then, but the restrictions are amazingly confusing.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 23 Aug 2020, 12:44 pm

bladeracer wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:No.

I would think not then, but the restrictions are amazingly confusing.

I would have said vague, open to interpretation. But we are on the same page. Yes I'm keen to go but reason I asked was I thought it might be pushing the boundaries a bit. Luckly I have other options. Ill give the day trip a miss I think.

Late last night I spotted a thread on another forum. Sounding like hunters have been warned by police they are at risk of losing their shooters licence as will not be considered a "fit and proper" person to own firearms.

Hope this is OK with mods.

A copy paste.
"I recently heard rumours of Victorians that hold a firearm licence caught breaching COVID Lockdown Restrictions are deemed to no longer be a ‘fit and proper person‘ to hold a firearms licence. They lose their licence and firearms are taken away.

I decided to contact LRD to ask whether there was any substance to this rumour. The reply was that each case was reviewed on a case by case basis and firearm licences can be suspended and firearms removed for breaches of COVID lockdown restrictions."

Worrying. IMO perhaps a fine but that's crazy. Especially when no distances are quoted any where that I can find. (I'm talking regional here) Again starting to look like harrassment.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Larry » 26 Aug 2020, 5:06 pm

The fact that it is not the closest SF I think would be the sticking point that the COPs would bring up if they did pay you a visit. Otherwise you are free to go hunting as long as it is with not more than one other person unless they are your family that live with you. Bo set distances apply to Stage 3 that I have needed to worry about. The shopping has been a point that I have had to tell my wife sorry honey that shop is too far even though it is the only place that she can buy the food that she wants.It is not the closest shop and would drive past others the Scomo need and want clause would come up. she might want that food but does she need that food. If I want a happy life she does. someone needs to tel polies Happy wife happy life. or be prepared for more mental health issues.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by Oldbloke » 26 Aug 2020, 5:17 pm

Larry wrote:The fact that it is not the closest SF I think would be the sticking point that the COPs would bring up if they did pay you a visit. Otherwise you are free to go hunting as long as it is with not more than one other person unless they are your family that live with you. Bo set distances apply to Stage 3 that I have needed to worry about. The shopping has been a point that I have had to tell my wife sorry honey that shop is too far even though it is the only place that she can buy the food that she wants.It is not the closest shop and would drive past others the Scomo need and want clause would come up. she might want that food but does she need that food. If I want a happy life she does. someone needs to tel polies Happy wife happy life. or be prepared for more mental health issues.

Yes, the 5km rule is pretty tough. To me 10 makes more sense.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by eddievic » 26 Aug 2020, 5:54 pm

OB i think the problem is the ppl making the rules, they think everyone lives in the CBD with everything next to each other. my closest petrol station is more than 5km. The closest normal supermarket (excluding a small IGA) is around 10+km.... and i am in metropolitan Melbourne.

Ohh the iga is also more than 5km
117, 22lr, 223, 243, 264, 308, 338, 416, 20g 12g

Soo many, but not enough
eddievic
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 26 Aug 2020, 9:58 pm

eddievic wrote:OB i think the problem is the ppl making the rules, they think everyone lives in the CBD with everything next to each other. my closest petrol station is more than 5km. The closest normal supermarket (excluding a small IGA) is around 10+km.... and i am in metropolitan Melbourne.

Ohh the iga is also more than 5km

I agree 100%
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 28 Aug 2020, 6:13 pm

Sooo, the below is off face ache fron a LGS.
Unbelievable.

Good afternoon everyone.

This friendly reminder was sent to us today by the Victoria Police Licensing Services Divsion.

The question we would like to ask is: Will motorists lose their drivers' licences if they are caught breaching COVID-19 restrictions ??.........

Good afternoon,

The Licensing and Regulation Division (LRD) regulate the firearms industry to ensure public safety and peace and continually assess the suitability for individuals to hold a firearm licence. It is expected that if you hold a firearm licence you are aware of the firearm safety standards to keep yourself, your family and others around you safe.

The LRD would like to remind all firearm licence holders that they must follow each of the Chief Health Officer’s (CHO’s) directives which are currently in place to slow the spread of the coronavirus and keep the community safe.

Victoria Police takes breaches of licence conditions and CHO restrictions seriously. Blatant and deliberate disregard of the CHO’s directions endangers public safety and calls into question a licence holders suitability to be licenced in an area that requires a strong emphasis on safety.

Should a licence holder blatantly and deliberately breach the CHO’s restrictions, your licence can be suspended, cancelled or may be subject to a reprimand which could harm any future licensing.

If you are unsure around what activities are permitted under the CHO’s directives, please visit the Department of Health and Human Services website or phone the Coronavirus hotline on 1800 675 398.

More information about the LRD’s response to COVID-19 can be found on the Victoria Police website – Firearms.

Regards,
Licensing and Regulation Division
Regulatory Services Department
Victoria Police
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 31 Aug 2020, 8:40 pm

I will endeavor to stay locked in my house for 23 hours per day to ensure I comply with the LRD, DHHS, Vicpol, Victorian Labor Government, every Facebook Karen from Broadmeadows.

I am hoping that those people who specialize in OHS who don't have the funds to get a one way ticket on the space X mission to Mars contact me so that I can contribute my meager savings to their go fund me page.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Return to Victorian gun laws