COVID breaches and your license

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

COVID breaches and your license

Post by winton » 31 Aug 2020, 2:52 pm

LRD released this statement yesterday

https://www.police.vic.gov.au/firearms-industry-news

Should a licence holder blatantly and deliberately breach the CHO's restrictions, your licence can be suspended, cancelled or may be subject to a reprimand which could harm any future licensing.

Fair enough, you got to act responsibly when going out, wear a mask and don't breach the 5km boundary, but copping a massive fine isn't enough. It looks like LRD really hate shooters in Victoria. You breach covid rules and you're not fit to hold a license. Makes me want to sell some of my firearms as the regs are getting harsher and harsher.
winton
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Re: COVID breaches and your license

Post by TassieTiger » 31 Aug 2020, 3:02 pm

Fair enough? So, if other ppl breach covid restrictions - do they lose or have questioned - alcohol licences aligned with the business if applicable? Lose their car / boat jet ski licence ? What about Centrelink benefits or with holding of tax returns? You should be a fit and proper person to have pets - do you have to give up your pets if you breach covid?

Tas put a $16,000 fine in place and applied it - they only had to do it a couple times...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by winton » 31 Aug 2020, 3:10 pm

Scenes from the "packed" beaches and councils pleased with the so called social distancing compliance kinda makes all this a mockery. Those beaches looked like they could spread covid alot more than driving 5.1km away from your home.
winton
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 31 Aug 2020, 3:18 pm

People who travel more than 5.1km from their home should be given the same leniency as people who speed 3km over the speed limit.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by rc42 » 01 Sep 2020, 12:29 am

As far as I know there isn't a legal definition of "blatant and deliberate", that's just BS wording to make it look like any additional punishments will only apply to those that really deserve it.
In reality, anyone getting a fine for a health directive violation is going to be targeted no mater how unreasonable that fine is, didn't somebody get fined for sitting alone on a park bench a few months ago?

Presumably, anyone who has had a fine will also become ineligible to apply for a firearms license for the next 5 years and it will therefore become a test of 'good character' with equal weight to a history of domestic violence.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 01 Sep 2020, 12:06 pm

VICPOL having a secret gun grab, licensed dealers received that email, but not regular licence owners.

There is an anti-lockdown protest (illegal) planned for this Saturday the 5th at 11am at the Shrine of Remembrance. I know of at least one dealer who planned on going. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR GUNS, GET FINED AND LOSE YOUR LICENCE! I know your frustration and I'd be there if the pro's outweighed the cons but please be smart about this! DO NOT GO! We as shooters need to pick our fights, this is one we need to miss, we will lose and gain nothing from it. If you know somebody, shooter or not that is planning on going, stop them!! We need all the shooters and potential shooters we can get.

This is a call to arms, we need to recruit as many people as we can and get them involved so when the time is right, we have the ability to demand rights and liberties, not "privileges".
Member-Deleted

Post by mchughcb » 01 Sep 2020, 2:52 pm

Errh, Nobody is fighting anybody. People are exercising outside within 5km of their house.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 01 Sep 2020, 4:52 pm

mchughcb wrote:Errh, Nobody is fighting anybody. People are exercising outside within 5km of their house.

:friends: sure thing!

Here's a link to my video and channel, share it if you can't be bothered trying to convince people not to go :p
https://youtu.be/yPx6i_fMDYc
Member-Deleted

Post by doc » 01 Sep 2020, 5:20 pm

mchughcb wrote:People who travel more than 5.1km from their home should be given the same leniency as people who speed 3km over the speed limit.

Disagree! Because in Victoria 3kph over the limit is a fine with fixed camera's! (2kph tolerance and then straight to a hefty fine). You may not have known that - but sadly that's the case. 100m is nitpicking and serves no good purpose except to oppress people more and instill more fear and anxiety.

Victoria lost the plot some time ago and we are now a train running fast and out of control when it comes to the loss of common sense, discretion, understanding and basic human compassion. We are the "red"ist state in the country and it seems there's no sign of us reversing our direction, let alone slowing down as far as our leaders and medias passions are concerned with Vicpol looking like they're just as keen as well as many voters. <sigh>

Every chance they have to help or stick it to law abiding firearm owners - it seems they choose the latter unless their hand is forced. At a time where especially many of the elderly and more susceptible to COVID would choose to stay away from others - VicPol still chose to keep an attendance requirement for pistols (although saving face by 'reducing' it). It wouldn't have cost anything (even save money actually), but definitely would not have done any harm whatsoever for VicPol to simply give shooters a break to show some compassion and kindness to those who contribute and keep the law in this stage - but no. We're shown the full contempt the authorities have for us - and now this as another "stick it to 'em".

I also notice that the government also continues on a direction away from governing us as the people and continuing down the path of ruling over us instead. A few decades ago the government never wouldn't have gotten away with so much. Now in such a short time I'm seeing many people out their begging the government to rule more! There's people that actually like this!!!! Dirt must be shifting around this country all over the place as our ANZAC's roll over in their graves.
doc
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by mchughcb » 01 Sep 2020, 6:32 pm

doc wrote:
mchughcb wrote:People who travel more than 5.1km from their home should be given the same leniency as people who speed 3km over the speed limit.

Disagree! Because in Victoria 3kph over the limit is a fine with fixed camera's! (2kph tolerance and then straight to a hefty fine). You may not have known that - but sadly that's the case. 100m is nitpicking and serves no good purpose except to oppress people more and instill more fear and anxiety.

Victoria lost the plot some time ago and we are now a train running fast and out of control when it comes to the loss of common sense, discretion, understanding and basic human compassion. We are the "red"ist state in the country and it seems there's no sign of us reversing our direction, let alone slowing down as far as our leaders and medias passions are concerned with Vicpol looking like they're just as keen as well as many voters. <sigh>

Every chance they have to help or stick it to law abiding firearm owners - it seems they choose the latter unless their hand is forced. At a time where especially many of the elderly and more susceptible to COVID would choose to stay away from others - VicPol still chose to keep an attendance requirement for pistols (although saving face by 'reducing' it). It wouldn't have cost anything (even save money actually), but definitely would not have done any harm whatsoever for VicPol to simply give shooters a break to show some compassion and kindness to those who contribute and keep the law in this stage - but no. We're shown the full contempt the authorities have for us - and now this as another "stick it to 'em".

I also notice that the government also continues on a direction away from governing us as the people and continuing down the path of ruling over us instead. A few decades ago the government never wouldn't have gotten away with so much. Now in such a short time I'm seeing many people out their begging the government to rule more! There's people that actually like this!!!! Dirt must be shifting around this country all over the place as our ANZAC's roll over in their graves.

You can interpret my post anyway you like. If you believe in zero tolerance and fining people out of existence or you believe we have gone way overboard in this society run by police and OH&S NPC drones.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by eddievic » 01 Sep 2020, 7:27 pm

Well the extension will pass tonight.. enjoy
117, 22lr, 223, 243, 264, 308, 338, 416, 20g 12g

Soo many, but not enough
eddievic
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal