50 BMG In Victoria

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

50 BMG In Victoria

Post by Crazy » 10 Jan 2021, 9:11 pm

Hi all I know there's a couple guys on the forum from NSW who own 50 BMG is there anyone in Victoria who owns 50 BMG? I'm currently interested in long range and big bore rifles so I'm really interested in what is the process to purchase one in Victoria.
Cheers.
Crazy
Private
Private

Victoria

Re: 50 BMG In Victoria

Post by MontyShooter » 10 Jan 2021, 9:54 pm

Join Mildura.
Submit a PTA.
Buy gun.
Stay a few benches from me at eagle park.
MontyShooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 11 Jan 2021, 12:24 am

G'day Crazy,
Currently there are 2 paths to own & use 50 BMG rifles in Victoria, 1st is the one Monty Shooter posted, SSAA Mildura Long Range Rifle Club who organize regular competitive shoots, the contact details and attendance requirements are on the SSAA website and the Military Rifle Club who have 4 organized shoots per year eligible for 50's & the ability to practice 2 times per month. MRC approval requires 12 months active membership before we will sign off on a permit, Mildura, I believe, only requires that you attend 3 shoots and use a club 50 under instruction, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Crazy » 11 Jan 2021, 11:24 am

No1Mk3 wrote:G'day Crazy,
Currently there are 2 paths to own & use 50 BMG rifles in Victoria, 1st is the one Monty Shooter posted, SSAA Mildura Long Range Rifle Club who organize regular competitive shoots, the contact details and attendance requirements are on the SSAA website and the Military Rifle Club who have 4 organized shoots per year eligible for 50's & the ability to practice 2 times per month. MRC approval requires 12 months active membership before we will sign off on a permit, Mildura, I believe, only requires that you attend 3 shoots and use a club 50 under instruction, Cheers.

Are you able to shoot them on private property to zero them in or are they limited to only range use like pistols?
Crazy
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by MontyShooter » 11 Jan 2021, 3:17 pm

It's just like any other caliber.
Some ranges may not let you use a 50 though.
MontyShooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Aliqua » 16 Jan 2021, 6:33 am

MontyShooter wrote:Join Mildura.
Submit a PTA.
Buy gun.
Stay a few benches from me at eagle park.

Haha! I was doing some firearm training at eagle park once and the army was down there with their 50cals.... one bot shot it... got up.. and 30 seconds later his nose was bleeding from the kick / muzzle break :)
Aliqua
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 16 Jan 2021, 9:22 am

Try the Warracknabeal rifle club. I think they are into the big stuff.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Victorian gun laws