Animal trespass laws - Victoria

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

Re: Animal trespass laws - Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 01 Jun 2021, 1:12 pm

Not another one.... :roll:

Then again, reading back through its posts, its just like someone who was booted out of here not long back has picked up right where they left off... carbon copy.

This bit gave you away
Fionn wrote:You very clearly have no understanding of what hearsay even means. But don't let that stop you. :lol:

Just like the dribble in your posts before you got booted... as for your previous user name, I can't put my finger on yet it, but I'll definitely work it out tonight.
You've shown your hand
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Fionn » 01 Jun 2021, 7:28 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:Not another one.... :roll:

Then again, reading back through its posts, its just like someone who was booted out of here not long back has picked up right where they left off... carbon copy.

This bit gave you away
Fionn wrote:You very clearly have no understanding of what hearsay even means. But don't let that stop you. :lol:

Just like the dribble in your posts before you got booted... as for your previous user name, I can't put my finger on yet it, but I'll definitely work it out tonight.
You've shown your hand

Again I have know idea what you're talking about. It seems to be nonsense randomly splattered with gibberish

To be as helpful as possible and to attempt to stop you looking like a fool in future.

Hearsay basically means something you attest too from what you have heard another person say about
facts, though you did not perceive those facts personally.

Now I have no doubt you will still not understand it, but maybe try googling hearsay. I will grant it that hearsay is a very complex area of law, but you don't even understand the basic concept.

Talking of goggling, how is your Googling going on those Acts?

Still waiting for that law that allows you to shoot livestock to be posted.

This thread is a fine example why some people shouldn't be allowed to firearms. As they think it's perfectly OK to shoot someone's else's livestock.

Like, WTF is wrong with you people.

As has been posted there are legal ways this is to dealt with, including people who's job it is to do it (rangers)
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 01 Jun 2021, 7:33 pm

Fionn mate, I suggest you let it go. Arguing with some people here is like hitting your head against a brick wall... it just hurts your head.
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Fionn » 01 Jun 2021, 7:58 pm

Duplicate post
Last edited by Fionn on 01 Jun 2021, 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Fionn » 01 Jun 2021, 7:59 pm

Duplicate post
Last edited by Fionn on 01 Jun 2021, 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Fionn » 01 Jun 2021, 8:00 pm

cz515 wrote:Fionn mate, I suggest you let it go. Arguing with some people here is like hitting your head against a brick wall... it just hurts your head.

Thank you for your concern cz515.

I am an inclusive person, I believe just because someone is lacking intelligence doesn't mean you should ingore or not engage with them. They can't help that they lucked out on the genetic lottery.

You don't know what you don't know.

Sure they most likely won't believe or take in what I say, I have no doubts about the futility of the situation, but hopefully I can get a person to think about their actions.

You may say I'm a dreamer.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 01 Jun 2021, 8:34 pm

:lol: special as, I give it a month before your name calling and starting s**t just like before, then you'll get booted... again
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Fionn » 01 Jun 2021, 9:21 pm

on_one_wheel wrote::lol: special as,
In deed you are. I'm glad you have such a positive self identity, it's good to see

How you going with those laws?

More then happy to help explain what they mean when you find them.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by duncan61 » 02 Jun 2021, 10:42 am

Fionn.Who were you before.
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by cz515 » 02 Jun 2021, 10:43 am

duncan61 wrote:Fionn.Who were you before.

I wanna know that too... maybe Wheel can share
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by NTSOG » 02 Jun 2021, 10:47 am

"Fionn. Who were you before?"

I reckon the unicycle bloke believes Fionn is the now departed Stix.

Jim
NTSOG
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Fionn » 02 Jun 2021, 11:28 am

Before what?
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Fionn » 02 Jun 2021, 11:42 am

cz515 wrote:

Me too,

But I don't want to put too much pressure on on_one_wheel, as they must be frantically searching for some evidence to prove me wrong. I mean they are so certain I was wrong that it infuriated them so much they felt the need to use some random legal words to make themselves and their post sound important.

It should be very very easy for them to prove me wrong, so I suppose we just have to wait.................................................get comfortable as I think we will be waiting a while :lol:
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 02 Jun 2021, 1:11 pm

NTSOG wrote:"Fionn. Who were you before?"

I reckon the unicycle bloke believes Fionn is the now departed Stix.

Jim

No mate, its skinna.... both begin with s, like to ramble on. Both based out of SA.
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 02 Jun 2021, 1:12 pm

Fionn wrote:
cz515 wrote:

Me too,

But I don't want to put too much pressure on on_one_wheel, as they must be frantically searching for some evidence to prove me wrong. I mean they are so certain I was wrong that it infuriated them so much they felt the need to use some random legal words to make themselves and their post sound important.

It should be very very easy for them to prove me wrong, so I suppose we just have to wait.................................................get comfortable as I think we will be waiting a while :lol:

Wait until the pigs start flying, or the accept they are wrong?

:sarcasm:
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Fionn » 02 Jun 2021, 1:54 pm

cz515 wrote:No mate, its skinna.... both begin with s, like to ramble on. Both based out of SA.

Well I am not in SA, I am in Victoria, which is why I have the time to be posting more at the moment as their isn't a great deal to do in Lockdown. Lucky for me (and people here) its being lifted for regional Victoria.
Last edited by Fionn on 02 Jun 2021, 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Fionn » 02 Jun 2021, 1:56 pm

cz515 wrote:
Wait until the pigs start flying, or the accept they are wrong?

:sarcasm:

Most people don't have the strength of character to admit they are wrong, as can be seen on this thread.

I am quite happy to say I have no idea what the animal trespass laws are in any other state but Victoria, and I take my hat off to those that know the laws in other states while at the same time worry about why they don't have something better to do :lol:
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by duncan61 » 02 Jun 2021, 9:07 pm

I have just learned what a Strawman argument is.Could this be one?
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Fionn » 02 Jun 2021, 9:52 pm

duncan61 wrote:I have just learned what a Strawman argument is.Could this be one?

You are right, there a range of argument fallacies being used by posters here, including Straw man, Appeal to Ignorance and the Red Herring fallacy.

Bonus points if you pick them

The best way to address these fallacies is to get back to point of the discussion and have people prove their position.

I have provided the laws on how trespassing livestock are to handled.

No one has yet to provide any evidence that it's incorrect or any law that allows you to shoot trespassing livestock.

Trespassing livestock is a very common issue here is rural Victoria, so if I was wrong it should be pretty easy to prove this.

According to some people here, when a tree falls down on my boundary fence and my neighbors cattle get onto my property I should shoot them and have years worth of free beef. If anyone judges the morals of it, I can justify it by saying they are feral.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by womble » 03 Jun 2021, 3:48 am

We want to shoot the sheep now go away
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 03 Jun 2021, 4:40 am

I'll leave this here y,all can work it out
Adma1026347.jpg
Adma1026347.jpg (219.28 KiB) Viewed 3863 times
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by duncan61 » 03 Jun 2021, 9:16 am

Way to lighten the mood cz515.
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Fionn » 06 Jun 2021, 9:30 pm

Its shows the strength of character of a number of posters here that they can't admit they are wrong.

I suppose people are lucky that having a firearm licence doesn't involve having to know the law that well and that police don't enforce the fit and proper person requirement that much as many here would lose their licence if they did.

So a summary of posts so far.

on_one_wheel

You claim I am wrong, but when called out on it, you can't back your opinion, but like to use legal words you don't even understand to make it seem to others you may know what your talking about. When called on it you ghost the topic/thread never to be heard of again.

Bladerracer

You post a link to Section 30 of the Domestic Animals Act, 1994 claiming that it applies to sheep, when called on it, that it applies to only dogs and cats you ghost the topic/thread never to be heard of again.

Oldbloke

"I believe it's ok to shoot them on your land. If the owner does not collect them after being notified. I believe its ok to shoot them on SF. If not leased." When pointed out this is incorrect, replies no point arguing and disappears from the thread! Is that because you were wrong and don't want to admit it? happy for you to post the law that allows to to shoot them!

Zaine

Posts about ownership of sheep, when told under the impoundment of livestock act ownership doesn't really matter with how they are trespassing livestock are treated,disappears from the thread!

DaveZ

Just complains that the laws are bad and people should morally be able to shoot them on sight as people shouldn't have to have fences to keep livestock in/out.

I guess a lot of farmers will be happy to know that they don't need fences anymore.

NTSOG

You just don't belong on this thread, how dare you post a rational post.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 07 Jun 2021, 12:02 am

"I believe it's ok to shoot them on your land. If the owner does not collect them after being notified. I believe its ok to shoot them on SF. If not leased."

When pointed out this is incorrect, replies no point arguing and disappears from the thread! Is that because you were wrong and don't want to admit it? happy for you to post the law that allows to to shoot them!

Well, well. Interesting.

I simply lost interest in the tread. And note I said "believe" simply because i was not certain but that is my understanding.

So perhaps instead of making stupid accusations you can show the section of the act or regulation says Im wrong.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 07 Jun 2021, 12:10 am

Oldbloke wrote:No point arguing.
They are in a N.P. Let them deal with it.

Fion, what is the point of the discussion if they are on NP land? The discussion is irrelevant.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by DaveZ » 07 Jun 2021, 11:45 am

Fionn wrote:
DaveZ

Just complains that the laws are bad and people should morally be able to shoot them on sight as people shouldn't have to have fences to keep livestock in/out.

I guess a lot of farmers will be happy to know that they don't need fences anymore.

I never said farmers don't need fences. You seem to want to cherry pick bits from everyones statements purely to stir. Everybody should keep their animals on their own properties. I said people shouldn't need fences to keep out other peoples animals, and they shouldn't. There is a general obligation to keep your animals on your own property. If they are not on your property, then they are trespassing. Section 16A and 16B of the impoundment of animals act provides for notice to be served to the owner of the animals if they are trespassing or not properly contained. If the animals are found trespassing after notice is served then it is an offence under sections 25A and 25B. So yeah, old mate letting his sheep roam the countryside is a dick. Yes, I believe that, morally at least, land owners should be able to cull repeat trespassing animals without consequence.
CZ455 22lr Varmint
Ruger American 243
Located Bundaberg area, looking for property to hunt on.
DaveZ
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by duncan61 » 07 Jun 2021, 1:11 pm

My friends did polocross and had horses.One got out and a motorbike slammed in to it.The owner of the horse is responsible it went on for years.The road in question is long and flat and we all used it to see how fast our cars went.The bike was a big jap so he could of been doing 220km plus.He ended up paralysed and in a chair.Not good
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Fionn » 07 Jun 2021, 5:54 pm

Oldbloke wrote:So perhaps instead of making stupid accusations you can show the section of the act or regulation says Im wrong.

OK no problems,

Firearms Act 1996
128 Offence to damage property with a firearm

Property (the sheep) are covered under the common law definition of property as well as the Crimes Act 1958

From the Crimes Act

Property means property of a tangible nature, whether real or personal, including money and including wild creatures which have been tamed or are ordinarily kept in captivity and any other wild creatures or their carcasses if, but only if, they have been reduced into possession which has not been lost or abandoned or are in the course of being reduced into possession.

Crimes Act 1958
197 Destroying or damaging property

Crimes Act 1958
199 Possessing anything with intent to destroy or damage property

Crimes Act 1958
195 Dealing with property suspected of being proceeds of crime
ie, butchering an animal, then keeping it to eat, including giving it to the neighbours who know its the proceeds of crime.

There you go, the laws that state you are wrong.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Fionn » 07 Jun 2021, 5:56 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:No point arguing.
They are in a N.P. Let them deal with it.

Fion, what is the point of the discussion if they are on NP land? The discussion is irrelevant.[/quote

Yes they are on NP land (well traveling via), but Bladeracer wanted to shoot them when they entered the farmers land or are you suggesting he wanted to shoot them in the NP?
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 07 Jun 2021, 6:01 pm

Sounded to me they were mainly on NP.

M8 don't just quote a 5 or 6 100 pg acts. Im not about to read 500 pgs of law. Show us the section(s) that's applicable.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

PreviousNext

Return to Victorian gun laws