Vic Police seize pensioner firearms.

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

Vic Police seize pensioner firearms.

Post by Oldbloke » 02 Mar 2022, 6:06 pm

If even half of this is right it's a bloody disgrace.

https://nationalshooting.org.au/kiddie- ... -and-guns/
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: Vic Police seize pensioner firearms.

Post by on_one_wheel » 02 Mar 2022, 6:24 pm

Oldbloke wrote:If even half of this is right it's a bloody disgrace.

https://nationalshooting.org.au/kiddie- ... -and-guns/

Yes... disgraceful if we're getting the whole story.

I also spotted some hard core Fuddery in the comment section. Not that I'm surprised.

Ken mentioned
. I cannot justify having a carte blanch application for all civilians to have automatic or semi-automatic weapons unless fully accredited teaching is done; for the right reason. {using an automatic or pump action weapons for a rabbit on the run doesn’t cut it}. anyone who puts pump action in the same context as fully and semi auto firearms is obviously a clueless twat
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Fionn » 02 Mar 2022, 6:36 pm

Its been proven time and time again that National Shooting Council can't be believed with just about anything they claim.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 02 Mar 2022, 6:59 pm

Fionn wrote:Its been proven time and time again that National Shooting Council can't be believed with just about anything they claim.

Are you sure? Because they they're putting their money where their mouth is and are kicking some serious goals.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Fionn » 02 Mar 2022, 7:18 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:
Fionn wrote:Its been proven time and time again that National Shooting Council can't be believed with just about anything they claim.

Are you sure? Because they they're putting their money where their mouth is and are kicking some serious goals.

That's what they tell you isn't, but have never been able to provide any proof of these goals that seem to claim they have kicked.

Take the Stuart Hart matter and how quickly the matter disappeared for the NSC when found out the whole incident was recorded on body cameras worn by the police.

I am sure that the NSC have reported on the outcome, yeah right as if. As they say stupid people are easily parted with their money and the NSC bank on this.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 02 Mar 2022, 7:50 pm

Fionn wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:

That's what they tell you isn't, but have never been able to provide any proof of these goals that seem to claim they have kicked.

Take the Stuart Hart matter and how quickly the matter disappeared for the NSC when found out the whole incident was recorded on body cameras worn by the police.

I am sure that the NSC have reported on the outcome, yeah right as if. As they say stupid people are easily parted with their money and the NSC bank on this.

How about their big win for the Northern Territory man who went to someone's aid with his trusty .303
That was a pretty epic win.
I'm yet to see the SSAA do anything proactive or even act defensively for any of their members.
I think the NSC is showing some true grit.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by boingk » 02 Mar 2022, 7:56 pm

They helped me out when the registry held up aquisition of a 'dark and scary looking' firearm.

They went into bat and I had the thing in my hands in less than two weeks after they challenged the registry on their decision.

I can't say enough good about them.

- boingk
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by on_one_wheel » 02 Mar 2022, 8:07 pm

Here's a list of their achievements. Perhaps Fionn's feathers are still ruffled from the NSC member who was not entirely professional on this forum ?
https://nationalshooting.org.au/proof-h ... -shooters/
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Fionn » 02 Mar 2022, 8:36 pm

The NSC official who posted here and was banned was a good example of the issue with the NSC.

All of the achievements of the NSC is based on self propaganda, not verifiable fact as you will notice they provide nothing to verify what they claim.

Take the list of achievements link. where they claim "helped an NT shooter beat five-gun charges in a self-defence case", the person was actually found guilty of one of these charges, and another 3 where withdrawn, so they didn't beat five-gun charges as they claim.

Why haven't they posted the outcome from the Stuart Hart matter?

The NSC primary purpose is to make money from the gullible, it their history its who they are.

So those that support, explain there history, who were they before the NSC.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 02 Mar 2022, 8:47 pm

So ruffled feathers was an understatement then.
Sounds more like a serious case of butt-hurt :lol:
All good, I won't hold it against you :thumbsup:
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Fionn » 02 Mar 2022, 8:54 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:So ruffled feathers was an understatement then.

I can see why you support them. :thumbsup:
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 02 Mar 2022, 8:59 pm

Fionn wrote:

Ohhh! I FEEL THE BURN !!

Perhaps you could do what Juststarting did... go and start something better :unknown:
Only instead of bitching about a forum and starting a new one you could start a better more productive shooters support organisation
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 02 Mar 2022, 9:12 pm

NSC has been kicking goals. Perhaps a few kicks were points or out of bounds.

SSAA does SFA.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Fionn » 02 Mar 2022, 9:13 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:
Fionn wrote:

Ohhh! I FEEL THE BURN !!

Perhaps you could do what Juststarting did... go and start something better :unknown:
Only instead of bitching about a forum and starting a new one you could start a better more productive shooters support organisation

This won't help with the burn :lol: , but take the article linked in the OP.

Jenny C is a 74-year-old retired pensioner living on the Bellarine Peninsula and has licenced since 1970

Please explain how this woman has held a licence since 1970 when licences were not introduced in Victoria until the 1980's.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 02 Mar 2022, 9:22 pm

Fionn wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:
Fionn wrote:

Ohhh! I FEEL THE BURN !!

This won't help with the burn :lol: , but take the article linked in the OP.

Jenny C is a 74-year-old retired pensioner living on the Bellarine Peninsula and has licenced since 1970

Please explain how this woman has held a licence since 1970 when licences were not introduced in Victoria until the 1980's.

That's because in your haste to flame and nitpick NSC you've completely misread the article.
She's held firearms since 1970
Your welcome :drinks:
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 02 Mar 2022, 9:23 pm

Fionn wrote:

Did it say she's held a Victorian licence since then, she could've held an interstate licence. I got my first licence in 1980, in WA, then SA in 1983, then Victoria in 2015. I held the WA and SA licences together at the same time, we didn't have to hand one in when moving state. Friends in WA also held both licences.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Fionn » 02 Mar 2022, 9:25 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:
That's because in your haste to flame and nitpick NSC you've completely misread the article.

No they have changed the article once it was pointed out to them.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Fionn » 02 Mar 2022, 9:29 pm

bladeracer wrote:
Fionn wrote:

Did it say she's held a Victorian licence since then, she could've held an interstate licence. I got my first licence in 1980, in WA, then SA in 1983, then Victoria in 2015. I held the WA and SA licences together at the same time, we didn't have to hand one in when moving state. Friends in WA also held both licences.

No it said she had a licence since 1970, I am not sure but I don't think licences existed anywhere in Australia in 1970.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 02 Mar 2022, 9:30 pm

Fionn wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:

Sure they did :lol:
Last edited by on_one_wheel on 02 Mar 2022, 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Fionn » 02 Mar 2022, 9:32 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:
Fionn wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:

Sure did, check out their Facebook page

National Shooting Council Thanks Alex. Made a minor tweak to reflect that. I think you know what we're saying but yes, just needed to tweak that a little....

How's the burn going :lol:
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 02 Mar 2022, 9:37 pm

Fionn wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:
Fionn wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:

Sure did, check out their Facebook page

National Shooting Council Thanks Alex. Made a minor tweak to reflect that. I think you know what we're saying but yes, just needed to tweak that a little....

How's the burn going :lol:

Dude... its ok to be wrong. They've made an error, rectified it, come forward and admitted to it.
Perhaps you could free yourself of your unjustifiable prejudice towards a group that is actually supporting shooters by also admitting your wrong :unknown:
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Fionn » 02 Mar 2022, 9:48 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:Dude... its ok to be wrong. They've made an error, rectified it, come forward and admitted to it.
Perhaps you could free yourself of your unjustifiable prejudice towards a group that is actually supporting shooters by also admitting your wrong :unknown:

So burning deep I see :lol:
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 02 Mar 2022, 9:52 pm

Fionn wrote:
bladeracer wrote:
Fionn wrote:

No it said she had a licence since 1970, I am not sure but I don't think licences existed anywhere in Australia in 1970.

Well had to pay for mine in 1973 in Vic and they had been around at least 4 or 5 years I think at that time.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 02 Mar 2022, 10:00 pm

[quote="Fionn"]The NSC official who posted here and was banned was a good example of the issue with the NSC.

All of the achievements of the NSC is based on self propaganda, not verifiable fact as you will notice they provide nothing to verify what they claim.

Take the list of achievements link. where they claim "helped an NT shooter beat five-gun charges in a self-defence case", the person was actually found guilty of one of these charges, and another 3 where withdrawn, so they didn't beat five-gun charges as they claim.

The NSC primary purpose is to make money from the gullible, it their history its who they are.

So those that support, explain there history, who were they before the NSC.[/quote]

I believe that was wrong. He left of his own accord. 2 or 3 members here were claiming what your saying. So he told to us get stuffed.

If you harass someone enough naturally they will leave.

I would like them back.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Fionn » 02 Mar 2022, 10:16 pm

You maybe correct that they left on their own accord, but a number of their threads/post where deleted at the same time and they never posted again.

Anyway as a spoke person for the NSC, they did far more damage then any good for the NSC, so I agree with you it would be good for them to post again.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 02 Mar 2022, 10:51 pm

Ohh he was a true piece.... felt like talking to a moron
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 03 Mar 2022, 7:16 am

Fionn wrote:
bladeracer wrote:
Fionn wrote:

Our first Firearms Act was 1958, so I guess they had licencing of some sort.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 03 Mar 2022, 10:32 am

Oldbloke wrote:[quote="Fionn"]The NSC official who posted here and was banned was a good example of the issue with the NSC.

So those that support, explain there history, who were they before the NSC.[/quote]

I believe that was wrong. He left of his own accord. 2 or 3 members here were claiming what your saying. So he told to us get stuffed.

I would like them back.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure your correct, he was targeted by a couple of members who had a over inflated sense of self-importance.
Unfortunately he wasn't able to resist the urge to take the bait. Probably because he was truly passionate about the work the NSC do.
I remember him posting that he's had enough and he's leaving the forum.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by niteowl » 03 Mar 2022, 11:16 am

Fionn wrote:
bladeracer wrote:
Fionn wrote:

No it said she had a licence since 1970, I am not sure but I don't think licences existed anywhere in Australia in 1970

I don't give a rats about the NSC or the SSAA, or other states but WA had licences way before 1962 as that was when I got my first one. They were not a "new thing" back then.
niteowl
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 03 Mar 2022, 12:07 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:[quote="Fionn"]The NSC official who posted here and was banned was a good example of the issue with the NSC.

I would like them back.[/quote][/quote]

I'm pretty sure your correct, he was targeted by a couple of members who had a over inflated sense of self-importance.
Unfortunately he wasn't able to resist the urge to take the bait. Probably because he was truly passionate about the work the NSC do.
I remember him posting that he's had enough and he's leaving the forum
.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

That's is also how I remember it.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Next

Return to Victorian gun laws