Vic Police seize pensioner firearms.

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

Re: Vic Police seize pensioner firearms.

Post by Peter988 » 05 Mar 2022, 7:52 am

I was under the impression that they had funded the legal advice in a number of cases? As pointed out - more the SSAA has done?
Peter988
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by cz515 » 05 Mar 2022, 7:56 am

Mate I can create a Facebook page and start advertising that I am the best firearms laywer in Australia..... doesn't make me one
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by rc42 » 06 Mar 2022, 1:15 pm

The person that posted here representing NSC wasn't fit for the role, they used their 'official' NSC account to get involved in petty bickering and insult trading, even a partially mature person would have switched to a personal account for that. It was for the best that they left but it would be good to have them represented here by somebody different.

NSC are one of the few organizations that actually represent and help shooters, Shooters Union do also but mostly in QLD and in a less confrontational way, maybe the NSC approach is a good thing or maybe it will just make police licensing divisions more aggressive knowing that they have unlimited funds for these fights and that politicians won't step in keep them under control.

SSAA should always be regarded as representing the government against shooters, their only interest is sucking up so that they get their range renewals without effort. If government were to create a new list of banned firearms the SSAA are more likely to suggest further additions than they are to argue against it.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by womble » 06 Mar 2022, 2:07 pm

That person is the NSC.
And he does have an axe to grind.
But he’s on your side.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Sarco » 08 Mar 2022, 7:31 pm

NSC
Ask yourself - Who are the actual members of the NSC?
Yes, you can join up, but of those that joined, like I did, who has been sent election ballot papers for the committee of the organisation or been notified of results of election of committee members? Or AGMs etc. At least even the SSAA Vic send these out to members (even if many do chose to bin them).
Sarco
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by G-Swiss » 10 Mar 2022, 12:02 am

Have sent two emails to the WA SSAA executive (pres, vp and secretary) regarding concerns on the amendments to the WA firearms legislation. A detailed breakdown of concerns citing legislation and a follow up a month later asking for the basic courtesy of a reply. Crickets. Not even an acknowledgement. What a joke.

I’m only a member as it’s needed for club support.
G
G-Swiss
Recruit
Recruit

Other

Post by on_one_wheel » 10 Mar 2022, 12:18 am

G-Swiss wrote:Have sent two emails to the WA SSAA executive (pres, vp and secretary) regarding concerns on the amendments to the WA firearms legislation. A detailed breakdown of concerns citing legislation and a follow up a month later asking for the basic courtesy of a reply. Crickets. Not even an acknowledgement. What a joke.

I’m only a member as it’s needed for club support.
G

Unfortunately they are no longer there to support shooters and advocate against unfair changes.
They are just a big club that fund shooting ranges and pay a board of fudd directors / fudd management hamsomly to do SFA but live a great life hunting, shooting, doing whatever, whenever... they couldn't care less about shooters... they're probably all in South Africa on safari again

They won't even reply to.
"my employer has threatened to have my firearms taken from me by the police, he's going to call them and make a false claim against me regarding threats with a firearm, they've already done it to another employee.
What can I do, who can help me?"

A very close friend proved that one 12 months ago.

Not long back I told the SSAA of my disappointment on their lack of action in every field, told them they're asleep at the wheel and will no longer be receiving my money, I would actively discourage anyone from joining, and that my money would be going to an organisation that is organised, actually assists its members and campaigns for improvement to laws and challenges further restrictions.
Last edited by on_one_wheel on 10 Mar 2022, 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 10 Mar 2022, 12:35 am

Sarco wrote:NSC
Ask yourself - Who are the actual members of the NSC?
Yes, you can join up, but of those that joined, like I did, who has been sent election ballot papers for the committee of the organisation or been notified of results of election of committee members? Or AGMs etc. At least even the SSAA Vic send these out to members (even if many do chose to bin them).

It's been made clear that a few members are ex high profile from the Government and wished to remain nameless.

The true measure of worthiness is their performance.
They are getting the job done in a big way
We should absolutely be supporting that with a few $$
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 10 Mar 2022, 5:00 am

Yep, NSC, SFFP Shooters Union, they all sh1t on SSAA
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Previous

Return to Victorian gun laws