Vic firearms registry's a tad inaccurate.

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

Vic firearms registry's a tad inaccurate.

Post by Oldbloke » 31 May 2022, 1:31 pm

It would seem the Vic Pol cant account for a few firearms. :unknown: :allegedly:

https://nationalshooting.org.au/unanswe ... guns-saga/
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: Vic firearms registry's a tad inaccurate.

Post by No1Mk3 » 31 May 2022, 3:09 pm

A tad? That is a contender for "Understatement of the Year"! One of my licences had to renew a year ago so as usual I get the Firearms List with it that you have to confirm and update for them, and almost 1/3rd of my firearms were missing! It took 4 phone calls (then limited to only 1 day a week) and 6 emails to sort, and even then I had to identify where they made the errors and what they needed to do to correct them.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 31 May 2022, 8:18 pm

No1Mk3 wrote:A tad? That is a contender for "Understatement of the Year"! One of my licences had to renew a year ago so as usual I get the Firearms List with it that you have to confirm and update for them, and almost 1/3rd of my firearms were missing! It took 4 phone calls (then limited to only 1 day a week) and 6 emails to sort, and even then I had to identify where they made the errors and what they needed to do to correct them.

I was tempted to put this in the "joke" thread.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 01 Jun 2022, 3:10 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
No1Mk3 wrote:A tad? That is a contender for "Understatement of the Year"! One of my licences had to renew a year ago so as usual I get the Firearms List with it that you have to confirm and update for them, and almost 1/3rd of my firearms were missing! It took 4 phone calls (then limited to only 1 day a week) and 6 emails to sort, and even then I had to identify where they made the errors and what they needed to do to correct them.

I was tempted to put this in the "joke" thread.

It was a bloody joke alright, but not much laughing going on around here mate. It actually came about when I changed from Cat 1 Collectors to Cat 2, my Cat 1 Licenece ended 10L, the new one ended 00K. Instead of transfering my 10L firearms to 00K they simply deleted them from my list. Luckily I keep copies of everything I do with LRD, PTA apps, the PTA itself when it arrives, sales receipts, Registration Certificates (they still haven't seen me all of those, some are more than 10 years old) and previous Firearms Lists so I was able to finally convince them they stuffed up which they initially denied. My fear was being audited in the meantime by some anti-gun copper who would ask "what are all these guns you have that are not on your list? I'm going to take everything until this is sorted out". I have seen how some peoples guns have been treated during Police custody.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 01 Jun 2022, 4:37 pm

No1MK3.

Very sorry to hear that. Luckily I've kept all my copies of registrations too..

I didn't mean that it was literally a joke. The police management are the joke.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 01 Jun 2022, 5:46 pm

Oldbloke wrote:No1MK3.

Very sorry to hear that. Luckily I've kept all my copies of registrations too..

I didn't mean that it was literally a joke. The police management are the joke.

No worries Oldbloke, I understood your meaning, just wanted to say how scary there stuff ups can be if you don't keep your own records also. As a joke LRD have become like that old saying "if it wasn't so funny, you'd cry", Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Return to Victorian gun laws