Vic PTA changes

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

Vic PTA changes

Post by Shootermick » 25 Jul 2022, 7:14 pm

I read tonight that in Vic you will now have to be present in the shop to have a PTA submitted. You can still apply for your own permit online, but no more over the phone jobs.
Maybe slightly inconvenient for some though.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Re: Vic PTA changes

Post by deye243 » 25 Jul 2022, 7:58 pm

And just how is this supposed to make everybody sleep at night in their beds like 97% of all the rest of the 1996 firearms act it's all about inconvenience and being accused of doing a crime before it even happens if ever
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by No1_49er » 25 Jul 2022, 8:26 pm

C'mon guys, surely you all feel safer now that they have instigated these changes for the better :lol:
Don't you feel safer already :sarcasm:
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by linkoln » 25 Jul 2022, 10:05 pm

deye243 wrote:And just how is this supposed to make everybody sleep at night in their beds like 97% of all the rest of the 1996 firearms act it's all about inconvenience and being accused of doing a crime before it even happens if ever

I haven't heard anything about this but if it's true then as always it is just politicians pushing something that makes no difference to show how tough they are on guns.
linkoln
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by deye243 » 25 Jul 2022, 11:13 pm

It will be part of the so-called plugging holes in gun laws initiative where they blatantly accuse us of supplying criminal elements with Firearms
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Crazy » 26 Jul 2022, 3:50 pm

Shootermick wrote:I read tonight that in Vic you will now have to be present in the shop to have a PTA submitted. You can still apply for your own permit online, but no more over the phone jobs.

Heard the exact same thing, Had a look on the Vicpol website saw nothing, had a look through the new amendment and saw nothing. I'm not discrediting what others are saying I just haven't seen anything referring to PTA's.
Crazy
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Shootermick » 26 Jul 2022, 4:02 pm

Crazy wrote:
Shootermick wrote:I read tonight that in Vic you will now have to be present in the shop to have a PTA submitted. You can still apply for your own permit online, but no more over the phone jobs.

Heard the exact same thing, Had a look on the Vicpol website saw nothing, had a look through the new amendment and saw nothing. I'm not discrediting what others are saying I just haven't seen anything referring to PTA's.

I saw it on Holts Gun Shops Facebook page.
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 26 Jul 2022, 5:53 pm

Shootermick wrote:
Crazy wrote:

Known to purvey false information.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 26 Jul 2022, 5:55 pm

By the way WTF does changing a phone call by a dealer to an electronic lodgement by that exact same dealer on your behalf do to "inhibit gun owners?" F-ing nothing, FMD!
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Shootermick » 26 Jul 2022, 6:05 pm

No1Mk3 wrote:
Shootermick wrote:
Crazy wrote:

Known to purvey false information.

Possibly No1….
Just because it’s on the internet doesn’t mean it’s true! I personally hope it’s incorrect.
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by womble » 26 Jul 2022, 6:46 pm

Well that’s a kick in the guts for bank robbers.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 26 Jul 2022, 6:49 pm

Well that’s a kick in the guts for bank robbers.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by teabagga » 26 Jul 2022, 6:56 pm

I was at my gun shop picking up my new rifle today and I asked about it… apparently face to face PTAs have been the directive from LRD for a long time but they are just now starting to push a little bit harder on the dealers to stick to it.
teabagga
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Return to Victorian gun laws