Shortening shotgun barrel

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

Shortening shotgun barrel

Post by TheJuniorShooter06 » 21 Sep 2022, 2:55 am

Hi there,

Does anyone know how much it would cost to get a shotgun cut from 28 inch to 20? as well as rough price to get it re-threaded for screw in chokes. (wanting to get winmark lever relase and doing this)

Cheers
TheJuniorShooter06
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Shortening shotgun barrel

Post by bigpete » 22 Sep 2022, 8:02 pm

Nothing to shorten it.
Around $350 from myalls for the rest
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 22 Sep 2022, 8:32 pm

TheJuniorShooter06 wrote:Hi there,

Does anyone know how much it would cost to get a shotgun cut from 28 inch to 20? as well as rough price to get it re-threaded for screw in chokes. (wanting to get winmark lever relase and doing this)

Cheers

Does the gun come with a 20" option?
Does the barrel fit other Turkish guns?
I bought the 20" barrel to go with my 28" T1000, was very cheap, about $130 from memory. I also bought the pistol grip stock.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by TheJuniorShooter06 » 27 Sep 2022, 5:18 am

bladeracer wrote:
TheJuniorShooter06 wrote:Hi there,

Cheers

Does the gun come with a 20" option?
Does the barrel fit other Turkish guns?
I bought the 20" barrel to go with my 28" T1000, was very cheap, about $130 from memory. I also bought the pistol grip stock.

New to this website btw so not sure how to exactly work it. There is a 20inch version but it dont have the same rib which I want, Not sure if another brands barrel would fit, I do no the adler synthetic stock fits it though
TheJuniorShooter06
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by TheJuniorShooter06 » 27 Sep 2022, 5:25 am

bigpete wrote:Nothing to shorten it.
Around $350 from myalls for the rest

Will have to look into it thanks, wanting a fast shooting scrub gun instead of the adler
TheJuniorShooter06
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 27 Sep 2022, 9:29 am

TheJuniorShooter06 wrote:New to this website btw so not sure how to exactly work it. There is a 20inch version but it dont have the same rib which I want, Not sure if another brands barrel would fit, I do no the adler synthetic stock fits it though

You might want to compare the cost of buying the longer one, cutting the barrel, remounting the bead, and re-threading the choke, to buying the shorter one that is already threaded and adding the rib to it. Do you want the rib for sighting or to be able to mount optics or sights on it? If the latter, it might be easier to put a pic rail on the shorter un-ribbed barrel. For a pig gun I would prefer rifle sights or a red dot I think.

You'll have to discuss with the dealers and smiths around your area, otherwise you'll be adding the cost of sending your barrel to somebody further away. But it seems like a lot of effort if it turns out one of the other Turk guns offers a barrel that just drops into it.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Victorian gun laws