New firearms license application(VIC)

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

New firearms license application(VIC)

Post by devin » 08 Nov 2022, 2:33 am

Hey guys, how are all of you doing?
I’m new to the shooting scene, and I have been very interested in the hobby for a few years now. I have applied for my cat A & B firearms license and I was wondering how long it takes for LRD to process it. I applied through the vicpol website. Did all the physical paper work/reference/signing it off you know the go…. Hard copy was received by LRD on-
20/10/2022. Now I know there’s a minimum 28 day waiting period, but in reality how long will this really take? I have no criminal records, mental and physical health issues, intervention orders, convictions etc… I have had one infringement notice for spitting in a public bus stop around 2 years ago. Could this delay the process? Could they maybe think i’m not fit and proper person?
If any of you guys have answers and advice, I would absolutely love to hear them! Thank you :D
Last edited by devin on 09 Nov 2022, 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
devin
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: New firearms license application(VIC)

Post by No1Mk3 » 09 Nov 2022, 4:04 pm

Sometimes it will take a month, but in general they are running 2 months behind, last I checked they had begun processing applications received in early September, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Re: New firearms license application(VIC)

Post by devin » 10 Nov 2022, 6:05 pm

No1Mk3 wrote:Sometimes it will take a month, but in general they are running 2 months behind, last I checked they had begun processing applications received in early September, Cheers.

Thanks! I’m just a little worried my application could take longer because I had an oopsie on it. There was a thing asking for my medicare card number, I did have a card but it was expired. Me not realising I could’ve gone to mygov and gone through the medicare thing and my card was right there digitally. So what I did was, I photocopied a picture of the card and attached it to the paper, despite I didn’t chose the medicare card as an identification point where the referee would have to stamp it, but I did anyway. Could LRD potentially not like this and could delay the process?
devin
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Return to Victorian gun laws