Gun licence address

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

Gun licence address

Post by Gun-nut » 27 Aug 2023, 3:43 pm

Hey everyone,

Renewed my gun licence the other day and noticed that they no longer state the licence holder’s address on the card. I’m assuming this is as a precaution in case someone drops their licence that LRD wouldn’t want people breaking into homes looking for firearms. is this a fairly new thing or did they just forget to print it on my card? :lol:
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Gun licence address

Post by deye243 » 27 Aug 2023, 3:47 pm

Haha wast of time lose your wallet and your driver's license has your address just another idea from some moronic numbnut trying to feel good about themselves.
deye243
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 27 Aug 2023, 4:21 pm

Gun-nut wrote:Hey everyone,

Renewed my gun licence the other day and noticed that they no longer state the licence holder’s address on the card. I’m assuming this is as a precaution in case someone drops their licence that LRD wouldn’t want people breaking into homes looking for firearms. is this a fairly new thing or did they just forget to print it on my card? :lol:

It happened a few years ago now, probably just after you received your old one.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Gun-nut » 27 Aug 2023, 6:39 pm

deye243 wrote:Haha wast of time lose your wallet and your driver's license has your address just another idea from some moronic numbnut trying to feel good about themselves.

That’s such a good point ahah or they could just hack into the registry like everyone else ahah
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Gun-nut » 27 Aug 2023, 6:41 pm

bladeracer wrote:
Gun-nut wrote:Hey everyone,

It happened a few years ago now, probably just after you received your old one.

Ah gotcha, sounds about right. Was worried for a bit I’d have to get a new one sent to me for a second there. :lol:
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Victorian gun laws