Collectors license and genuine reasons (vic)

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

Collectors license and genuine reasons (vic)

Post by Weather » 09 Sep 2023, 9:59 am

Hi all,

I'm interested in starting a genuine collection of my favorite firearms. The problem is, some of the firearms I wish to collect hold their value to me for their cinematic appearances. Most also hold great historical value as weapons used in war, but I am more so wanting to base my collection around the cinematic impact firearms in famous movies and TV.

I don't want to sound like I want to own firearms just for the sake of it. I already hold a category A&B firearms license for genuine reasons. I have genuine interest in collecting within the previously stated theme, but I feel like it wouldn't be a strong enough reason for Victoria police to grant me a license.

What would your advice be?
(Sorry in advance if this is the wrong category for this submission)
Weather
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Collectors license and genuine reasons (vic)

Post by No1Mk3 » 12 Sep 2023, 8:16 pm

Sorry I missed this post, first off your theme is a valid one and LRD don't care about it only that you have a theme and it is not too broad, ie: "All Guns" or something equally silly. Secondly, are you a member of a Club? You will need to be for 6 to 12 months before you can get a Licence, and your Licence is restricted to longarms and pre-47 handguns until you own at least 10 pre-47 over the next 12 months. After joining a Club make sure you attend all meetings to become known, being inactive may hinder your eventual Licence application.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Return to Victorian gun laws