Rifle safe without ammo storage, under 1.4m high

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

Rifle safe without ammo storage, under 1.4m high

Post by gingernuts » 08 Feb 2024, 7:01 pm

Hello all,

I have a location in mind for my safe which has a 1.4m height limitation.

Most of the safes I've seen, all feature integrated ammunition storage which adds to the height of the safe, with most at the 1.5m mark.

Does anyone know of a shorter five rifle safe that doesn't have integrated ammunition storage?

Thank you.
gingernuts
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Rifle safe without ammo storage, under 1.4m high

Post by bladeracer » 15 Feb 2024, 9:14 am

gingernuts wrote:Hello all,

I have a location in mind for my safe which has a 1.4m height limitation.

Most of the safes I've seen, all feature integrated ammunition storage which adds to the height of the safe, with most at the 1.5m mark.

Does anyone know of a shorter five rifle safe that doesn't have integrated ammunition storage?

Thank you.

It's possible somebody does a safe without a bolt box on top, but I'm not aware of one. You could cut it off though and reweld the lid on. You'll also have to cut the transfer bars inside the door.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 15 Feb 2024, 9:33 am

Buy a Spika S2 (8 gun) which has an external ammo box on top and simply cut 100mm off the top of it, the rifle compartment will be untouched.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by gingernuts » 25 Mar 2024, 12:22 am

Thank you for the suggestions. I don't have the tools or confidence to cut the top off a safe unfortunately. I ended up finding a different location that could accommodate a full height safe and be securely attached. I ended up with 7x Scorpion Digital from Antler Adventure which just managed to fit.
gingernuts
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Return to Victorian gun laws