Cat a/b licence test

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

Re: Cat a/b licence test

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 11 Aug 2019, 12:08 pm

Does that include electronic pta?
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by madang55 » 11 Aug 2019, 12:22 pm

Elect PTA. All forms can be downloaded and completed on line. You still have to print, sign and mail in.. Remember all these forms go to LRD. Anything mailed to VicPol goes in File 13.
My wife knows me well.
The dog often reminds me of that
madang55
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Sturmmann » 22 Aug 2019, 2:32 pm

Yes, A/B licence was very straight forward, needed 10/10 from the Gun Law Test & 28/30 to pass the exam. All but 1 passed. The one that didnt pass, really stuffed up. He got about 5 correct, not kidding.

I submitted my docs & PTA the next day, was received 9th August.. So hopefully 28 working days will fall around 17/18 September.. Now its just a waiting game.
Sturmmann
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 22 Aug 2019, 5:33 pm

The test we had to take was 5 sections and 20 to 30 questions per section. It was NOT straight forward and some questions could be read different ways resulting in different answers...
2 ppl left before finishing section 1 after realising how hard it was going to be - others were dismissed from the class as they failed a section...at the end of the course, only 50% of applicants remained...despite the facilitator advising he wanted / needed as many ppl passing as possible...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Sarco » 22 Aug 2019, 8:16 pm

I did my A/B Vic test in Northern Suburbs of Melb 2009 or '10 (Epping), while I had had a Cat H license for over 20 years. There were quite a number of people there, considering the information I was given that there were to be 12 candidates.
As it turned out, with many of the candidates, English was not their first language and they were allowed to have a mate or family member there to "interpret" for them, this included the testing. Hence the numbers. The "interpreters" were encouraged to also do the license test and some certainly did so.
I believe everyone passed.
Sarco
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Return to Victorian gun laws