VIC LRD complaints (help: contact info)

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

VIC LRD complaints (help: contact info)

Post by juststarting » 20 Feb 2018, 10:47 pm

Hi folks

(in context of VIC)

Other than the 'feedback' email address, can anyone suggest how to file an offical complaint with LRD?
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Re: VIC LRD complaints (help: contact info)

Post by Wombat » 21 Feb 2018, 5:10 pm

I'd be contacting Vicpol and seeing what course they suggest.
Unless it was a serious problem to me I'd just shrug off whatever they have done rather than stir the pot given the potential downside.
Good luck with whatever you do.
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 21 Feb 2018, 5:17 pm

Whats the potential downside, wombat?
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Wombat » 21 Feb 2018, 5:34 pm

Someone in LRD who has the s**ts with you.
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Aster » 22 Feb 2018, 3:06 pm

Hey Juststarting,

I received the following email today from someone at LRD who has seen your post:

Good afternoon,

There is a thread on your website titled VIC LRD complaints (help: contact info) regarding the LRD complaints process.

We are unable to contact the poster of the comment. Could you please encourage the poster to contact LRD regarding the complaint using the feedback form available on the Victoria Police website here http://www.police.vic.gov.au/content.as ... t_ID=48428.

Alternatively they can contact LRD via email on LICENSINGREGULATION-IMD-OIC@police.vic.gov.au or via telephone on 1300 651 645

Thank you.

No contact name given I'm afraid.
See you on the firing line.
Aster

-

Post by Daddybang » 22 Feb 2018, 3:49 pm

Anyone still think they don't monitor these types of site???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by juststarting » 22 Feb 2018, 4:55 pm

Daddybang wrote:Anyone still think they don't monitor these types of site???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks:

Daddybang, you're answering a question, that you wanted to be asked? No need to be like that. This is a publicly accessible forum, indexed by Google. I don't think anyone has an expectation of privacy here.

As for Victoria LRD, you were unable to contact me, perhaps, because you're not engaged. Perhaps you should get engaged? If you were, people (e.g. Wombat above) would have a much higher opinion of you, instead of suggesting to me that I shouldn't raise an issue, due to a possibility of personal reprisals. Kinda scary customer sentiment, wouldn't you agree?

As for me, I've always had good dealings with all people I've contacted, at LRD, on individual level. However, some of your processes endanger personal safety and need a lot of improvement, immediately.

I'll get in touch. Thank you for leaving contact information.
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 22 Feb 2018, 5:29 pm

Bentaz, yep.
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 22 Feb 2018, 5:42 pm

juststarting wrote:
Daddybang wrote:Anyone still think they don't monitor these types of site???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks:

Daddybang, you're answering a question, that you wanted to be asked? No need to be like that. This is a publicly accessible forum, indexed by Google. I don't think anyone has an expectation of privacy here.

:lol:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Wombat » 23 Feb 2018, 7:28 am

juststarting wrote:[
As for Victoria LRD, you were unable to contact me, perhaps, because you're not engaged. Perhaps you should get engaged? If you were, people (e.g. Wombat above) would have a much higher opinion of you, instead of suggesting to me that I shouldn't raise an issue, due to a possibility of personal reprisals. Kinda scary customer sentiment, wouldn't you agree?

As for me, I've always had good dealings with all people I've contacted, at LRD, on individual level. However, some of your processes endanger personal safety and need a lot of improvement, immediately.

I'll get in touch. Thank you for leaving contact information.

Not being funny, but I have never met you and do not know how easily (or not) you get annoyed by life and bureaucracies snafus. You gave no indication of the nature of your issue.
It may have been as small as a typo on something that was nothing to be concerned about (just get it corrected) or as serious as something that threatened your license through a malicious or stupid act on behalf of a LRD staff member (not saying that would or has happened). :drinks:
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by sungazer » 23 Feb 2018, 8:32 am

I think JS has been very prudent in not airing his dirty laundry with everyone here. If he has any sort of issue small or big he should first take it up with the correct people.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by Wombat » 23 Feb 2018, 5:54 pm

sungazer wrote:I think JS has been very prudent in not airing his dirty laundry with everyone here. If he has any sort of issue small or big he should first take it up with the correct people.

Maybe you should have answered his question when he posted it then :roll:
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 23 Feb 2018, 5:57 pm

Wombat, them fighting words. LOL
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Wombat » 23 Feb 2018, 6:03 pm

Well it was sitting unanswered for nearly a day/over 100 views before I put my 2 cents in...........
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 23 Feb 2018, 7:13 pm

bentaz wrote:
Maybe LRD should join the forum, I mean if they are on here reading posts anyway?
It would be great to be able to engage with them here, there are a million and one questions asked on here that could be best answered directly, plus then you could just pm JS about his complaint or any other member.

I mean we're a friendly bunch and if you're being paid tax dollars to read posts I personally think its only fair if you contribute to the conversation.

:friends: and don't pretend you didn't read this post, cats outs the bag now fellas :drinks:

Yep I agree wholeheartedly. What a great initiative that would be. Then, instead of being seen simply as the cop on the beat they would be seen as people who have a job to do, primary helping fair dinkum hunters and shooters who are trying to be compliant within what is a complex set of acts and regulations.
I understand they don't make the law, but some dont. This would be an opportunity to be seen as people who help people. Something not happening at the moment particularly in other states. Setting a new standard in public cooperation so to speak
Looking forward to a positive response LRD.

Heres hoping. PS. You will be made welcome I'm sure.

JUST DO IT LRD.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 15 Jun 2019, 1:02 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
bentaz wrote:
Maybe LRD should join the forum, I mean if they are on here reading posts anyway?
It would be great to be able to engage with them here, there are a million and one questions asked on here that could be best answered directly, plus then you could just pm JS about his complaint or any other member.

I mean we're a friendly bunch and if you're being paid tax dollars to read posts I personally think its only fair if you contribute to the conversation.

:friends: and don't pretend you didn't read this post, cats outs the bag now fellas :drinks:

Yep I agree wholeheartedly. What a great initiative that would be. Then, instead of being seen simply as the cop on the beat they would be seen as people who have a job to do, primary helping fair dinkum hunters and shooters who are trying to be compliant within what is a complex set of acts and regulations.
I understand they don't make the law, but some dont. This would be an opportunity to be seen as people who help people. Something not happening at the moment particularly in other states. Setting a new standard in public cooperation so to speak
Looking forward to a positive response LRD.

Heres hoping. PS. You will be made welcome I'm sure.

JUST DO IT LRD.

This would have been some of juststarting's last posts in this thread .... Perhaps he was assassinated for making a complaint? :silent:

I'm going to bump this old thread because I think it's worthy of further discussion.
What started out as a simple question about how to make a complaint quickly evolved into a thread about LRD getting involved in a positive and constructive way.

Just as JS said, Wouldn't it be wonderful if LRD decided to engage in the forum rather than just lurking out here.

Imagine how good a Q & A thread divided into 7 states and territories subsections would be where folks could ask specific questions about our firearms laws and receive the correct answer straight from the horse's mouth.

Basically it would be policing in a proactive way.

It would take some setting up, cooperation, and dedication but that's the nature of providing genuine customer service.

Far better than getting advice from random people here who might be misinterpreting the laws, regs and acts which can leave people with their ass out in the breeze.

Surely they'd prefer that we were 100% compliant.
Or perhaps they to have trouble interpreting our acts and regs?

I remember an old slogan, long since forgotten... "to serve and protect". :thumbsup:

Anyhow, dreams are free.
Screenshot_20190615-122315_Chrome.jpg
Show us the commitment
Screenshot_20190615-122315_Chrome.jpg (430.68 KiB) Viewed 3711 times
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 15 Jun 2019, 3:11 pm

"Or perhaps they to have trouble interpreting our acts and regs?"

I suspect thats, at least in part the reason. Like many of our laws it can be complex.

Its a public forum so if somehow they get it wrong there would be a truck load of bitching. And they would look silly in public.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 15 Jun 2019, 6:03 pm

I see all manner of whinging and complaints on here about various firearm related departments - but from my perspective, at least here in Tas, the firearms dept has always been insanely helpful and efficient.
You want to know about delays? Try calling Medicare or Telstra or get something wrong with you that requires minor surgery...lol
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by sungazer » 15 Jun 2019, 9:00 pm

Can you imagine the trolls and repetitive stupid questions they would get asked. Just look at facebook groups for the repetitive stupid questions.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Return to Victorian gun laws