Little Johny still wants our firearms.

Questions about Australian Capital Territory gun and ammunition laws. A.C.T. Firearms Act 1996.

Little Johny still wants our firearms.

Post by Oldbloke » 18 Apr 2021, 6:07 pm

I think this just shows that we all need to ontinue to support the NSC, SFFP and Shooters Union.

http://www.sportingshooter.com.au/lates ... years%20on
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: Little Johny still wants our firearms.

Post by boingk » 18 Apr 2021, 6:30 pm

Good on Joyce for putting his word in. Couldnt have said it better.

Control, yes. Arbitary banning? En-Oh.
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by bah! » 18 Apr 2021, 6:58 pm

Does he? Looks like a bit of a beat up and no actual quote.

As for the beet rooter, a boozy crooked MP that couldn't keep his hands off the staff, doesn't add credibility to any movement.
bah!
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by womble » 18 Apr 2021, 7:11 pm

He does actually yes. He’s always been for more realistic gun control on the land.
Given his career and the offices he’s held his credibility is actually pretty f*cking solid too.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 18 Apr 2021, 7:18 pm

I still want little Johnny to face court over war crimes in Iraq... the only weapons of mass destruction found was the decision making of those who engaged without following the rules of engagement.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 18 Apr 2021, 8:03 pm

that was actually a well written article , and good on joyce and littleproud for standing thier ground against scaremongering . as for little jonny , he's just mouthing of for some attention in the media
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Skinna » 19 Apr 2021, 12:03 am

Huh... :huh:

Who...?? :unknown:
Skinna
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Tiger650 » 19 Apr 2021, 1:11 am

Poisonous Dwarf Howard, good photo shown when he was handed a pistol during a visit to Swanbourne Barracks.
The ballistic vest at Sale [VIC] when he was on his soon abandoned grand tour to sell his BS is absent though.
Ugly little self absorbed lawyer who cost the Conservatives an election when he reneged on an agreement to allow Peter Costello to take leadership.
I wouldn't piss on him if he were afire.
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Gamerancher » 19 Apr 2021, 8:31 am

Well said Tiger, you forgot the bit about him running up to congratulate Michael Diamond on his gold medal at the Sydney Olympics, f#cking hypocrite!
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by bah! » 19 Apr 2021, 4:49 pm

womble wrote:He does actually yes. He’s always been for more realistic gun control on the land.
Given his career and the offices he’s held his credibility is actually pretty f*cking solid too.

Barnaby is just a classic case of rich white guys failing upwards. We have all had that co-worker that you know only got good references so that his last employers could be rid of him.

Barnaby, as my favourite NZer, had to stand a by election for that section 18 stuff awhile back. He got voted back in despite the stench, because the Murdoch press told the New England locals not to let city people tell them how to vote :roll: :roll: :roll:

His own kids campaigned against him, on account of him lying to them and their mum, taking off with a staffer and getting her up the duff.

He signed off on a dodgy deal to make his mate Angus Taylor and cronies a cool $80 million, for previously unsaleable water rights; https://www.michaelwest.com.au/barnaby- ... screpancy/

Definitely cooked on the job here; https://twitter.com/brucerossbrc/status ... 7107810304

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/someon ... oyce-80686
bah!
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by disco stu » 19 Apr 2021, 5:23 pm

I read that article as John Howard not wanting laws weakened, rather than trying to make them even more stringent.

I the subject of a national firearms registry, would it remove some of the stupidity that we see, where different states interpret differently and therefore a rifle that is perfectly safe and legal in QLD will see you arrested in NSW? Or gel blasters for example, can't even own them in NSW with a firearms licence as they are that dangerous, cross the border though and they're not a problem
disco stu
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 19 Apr 2021, 5:43 pm

disco stu wrote:I read that article as John Howard not wanting laws weakened, rather than trying to make them even more stringent.

I the subject of a national firearms registry, would it remove some of the stupidity that we see, where different states interpret differently and therefore a rifle that is perfectly safe and legal in QLD will see you arrested in NSW? Or gel blasters for example, can't even own them in NSW with a firearms licence as they are that dangerous, cross the border though and they're not a problem

it's the same situation with modified cars, hot rods and four wheel drives . legal in one state , illegal soon as you cross a border :unknown:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by disco stu » 19 Apr 2021, 6:01 pm

Yeah, it's ridiculous. All based on the very same ADRs, just interpreted differently in each state
disco stu
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Husky243 » 19 Apr 2021, 7:39 pm

I don’t get what laws are being watered down? Haven’t they become more strict??
Husky243
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 19 Apr 2021, 8:36 pm

Husky243 wrote:I don’t get what laws are being watered down? Haven’t they become more strict??

The anti's love to just throw that out there to create fear in the community, they don't need to quantify it with any facts.
They tried using the Adler a110 as evidence that the laws were being watered down or loopholes were being exploited to allow this "new technology " into the country when clearly it was actually early 1800's technology . People who know nothing about firearms buy into it without doing any of their own fact finding.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 19 Apr 2021, 9:48 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:
Husky243 wrote:I don’t get what laws are being watered down? Haven’t they become more strict??

The anti's love to just throw that out there to create fear in the community, they don't need to quantify it with any facts.
They tried using the Adler a110 as evidence that the laws were being watered down or loopholes were being exploited to allow this "new technology " into the country when clearly it was actually early 1800's technology . People who know nothing about firearms buy into it without doing any of their own fact finding.

yup , that's nicely summed up
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 19 Apr 2021, 11:00 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:

Yep, pretty right.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Bugman » 20 Apr 2021, 5:02 pm

Little Johnny Arthur is just another tragic, has been politician, that is craving media attention. I wouldn't piss on him if was on fire. Just ignore the little s**t and he will go away.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Return to Australian Capital Territory gun laws