SA - Re-licensing after several years of being unlicensed

Questions about South Australian gun and ammunition laws. S.A. Firearms Act 2015.

SA - Re-licensing after several years of being unlicensed

Post by elnino » 16 Jan 2019, 3:14 pm

So I gave up my license about 6 years ago as I was doing competition club shooting but could not make the meets any more due to family commitments.

Fast forward to now - The kids have grown up so I have reapplied for a 2,3/A,B license. No club use this time. I have previously done the TAFE firearms safety course required for POU 2/3 - Will I have to do it again or will I get 'RPL'? I suspect I will, just being hopeful.

What's the current cost? I recall paying just over $200 last time.
Are the training schedules available anywhere or do I have to wait till they send me the letter?
elnino
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Re: SA - Re-licensing after several years of being unlicense

Post by Bent Arrow » 16 Jan 2019, 3:27 pm

I think you'll be starting from scratch mate. Call firearms branch. Surprisingly enough they've been helpful and friendly on all but one occasion when I just got the wrong person on a bad day.
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by elnino » 17 Jan 2019, 12:20 pm

I just spoke to Natalie - She said if the legislation had not changed between times I would not have to but since it has, I do...
elnino
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by elnino » 22 Jan 2019, 6:36 pm

WOW! My license application got approved in less than a week! I got my training letter today. Either i am a seriously boring individual or my previous license made some difference, especially when the sapol site still says they are processing applications from last year!!
elnino
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Return to South Australian gun laws