New South Australian range shooting rules

Questions about South Australian gun and ammunition laws. S.A. Firearms Act 2015.

New South Australian range shooting rules

Post by Johnno » 02 Nov 2019, 7:13 pm

I found this online for SA licences, quote:

...."Long arms licences are either 1, 2, 3 or 5 years.
If you have A1 and /or B1 on your licence, you no longer required to obtain a club certificate (chit) from the club stating you are an active member. You can proceed to renew your membership at Australia Post or Renewal SA.

Note: make sure you renew your licence for club use at the same frequency as the other purposes on your licence. Otherwise you will be charged additional fees..."

Im having trouble interpreting this. Does this mean that once you have purpose of use 1 on a and/or b licence, but when you don't have h, you may select between the years as above when renewing and also don't have to submit a chit in the renewal paperwork every year anymore once it's been put there. You don't renew
a membership, a separate matter, you renew the licence.
Johnno
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Re: New South Australian range shooting rules

Post by michael_sa » 04 Nov 2019, 6:36 pm

Hi Johnno,
Is that quote from the SSAA's Para website? http://www.ssaapara.org.au/About%20Us/H ... ur-licence
They're certainly not doing themselves any favours with the typos and poor grammar, not to mention that "Renewal SA" isn't a collection agency for the government. Perhaps they meant Service SA?
Either way, it's a very poorly conveyed message. I'd be calling firearms branch and asking them for the answer.
Getting back into it...

Lithgow LA101 .22RF. Hawke Vantage 6-24x44SF

In a previous life:
Winchester Model 70XTR .243W Weaver K6
Franchi 520 12GA
Ruger 10/22 Sporter
Beretta 76 .22LR
S&W 686 .357 (x2)

On the contemplation list: Beretta 87
michael_sa
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Re: New South Australian range shooting rules

Post by Johnno » 05 Nov 2019, 9:06 pm

Thank you,

Yes it's the Para website.

I'll try to clarify the issue and post some info later. Cheers.
Johnno
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Return to South Australian gun laws