Moving interstate.

Questions about South Australian gun and ammunition laws. S.A. Firearms Act 2015.

Moving interstate.

Post by gazza » 24 Nov 2019, 8:34 pm

Hi, does anyone have any experience or knowledge about moving from SA to QLD. Regarding firearms and licence. Possibly only for a year. :drinks:
gazza
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Re: Moving interstate.

Post by bladeracer » 24 Nov 2019, 9:00 pm

gazza wrote:Hi, does anyone have any experience or knowledge about moving from SA to QLD. Regarding firearms and licence. Possibly only for a year. :drinks:

As far as I know no state has any licence change over scheme, move interstate and start your licence application from scratch again.
I tend to think of Qld and SA as having fairly similar firearm laws so you shouldn't have too much trouble adapting.
If you think you might not be staying there I'd probably maintain your current storage address and licence until you've definitely made up your mind.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by SckSqzBngBlo » 25 Nov 2019, 10:55 am

Get some firm legal advice as to what defines "visiting" another state. You don't suddenly become non law abiding.
SckSqzBngBlo
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Rider888 » 13 Jan 2020, 5:36 am

Depending on your line of work, there are some exemptions contained within the regulations. I moved from NSW to SA and did not have to do anything or notify anyone in SA. I just had to tell NSW that I was moving for work and that my line of work falls within their exemptions and thats all.
I dont need to change my licence to SA. It's almost as if I am still living in NSW but am away on long term holiday in SA.
Rider888
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Return to South Australian gun laws