Firearm License Application Progress (South Australia)

Questions about South Australian gun and ammunition laws. S.A. Firearms Act 2015.

Re: Firearm License Application Progress (South Australia)

Post by scope » 14 Jun 2016, 12:43 pm

Today, I received a letter in the post advising that I have been approved for my firearm license and the next steps, whom to call to book etc.

Called and booked my course @ Naracoorte on the 28/08 (closest date available) they advised that they will be sending out an info pack, application forms and payment details.

Time to buy a safe ;)
Whats with the name scope?
It's a long story, 9 stitches long.
scope
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by ClaytonT88 » 09 Sep 2018, 4:10 pm

scope wrote:Today, I received a letter in the post advising that I have been approved for my firearm license and the next steps, whom to call to book etc.

Called and booked my course @ Naracoorte on the 28/08 (closest date available) they advised that they will be sending out an info pack, application forms and payment details.

Time to buy a safe ;)

And that was that?
Easy come, easy go.

Tikka T1X 22LR - VX Freedom 3-9X40
ClaytonT88
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Stix » 09 Sep 2018, 4:42 pm

ClaytonT88 wrote:
scope wrote:Today, I received a letter in the post advising that I have been approved for my firearm license and the next steps, whom to call to book etc.

Time to buy a safe ;)

And that was that?

Hey Clayton, dont hold your breath for a reply...look at the date of his last post :shock:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Gaznazdiak » 09 Sep 2018, 6:18 pm

Stix wrote:
ClaytonT88 wrote:

Time to buy a safe ;)

And that was that?

Hey Clayton, dont hold your breath for a reply...look at the date of his last post :shock:

Poor bugger's probably still waiting :D
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by ClaytonT88 » 09 Sep 2018, 6:20 pm

Haha, yeah I know, I'm just casting lures, doesn't look like people get a notification when someone replies and I can see he's not that active since but still interested to see how people went with their applications for a licence, I submitted mine on the 10th of August and it looks like they're not far off processing it. I was told to expect a 5-8 week wait but last weekend I went out shooting for the first time in a long while and I'm getting itchy feet!
Easy come, easy go.

ClaytonT88
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Gaznazdiak » 09 Sep 2018, 6:23 pm

ClaytonT88 wrote:Haha, yeah I know, I'm just casting lures, doesn't look like people get a notification when someone replies and I can see he's not that active since but still interested to see how people went with their applications for a licence, I submitted mine on the 10th of August and it looks like they're not far off processing it. I was told to expect a 5-8 week wait but last weekend I went out shooting for the first time in a long while and I'm getting itchy feet!

They do love to drag it out don't they?
Good luck :thumbsup:
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by ClaytonT88 » 09 Sep 2018, 6:26 pm

Thanks mate, yeah I'm just impatient, didn't help I couldn't find my passport for 2 months after moving! and finding things to distract me from homework (haha!)
Easy come, easy go.

ClaytonT88
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Return to South Australian gun laws