Female motorcyclist dies after being struck by truck

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Female motorcyclist dies after being struck by truck

Post by happyhunter » 12 Jan 2017, 12:12 pm

Last edited by happyhunter on 21 Feb 2017, 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
happyhunter
Major
Major

Other

Re: Female motorcyclist dies after being struck by truck

Post by brett1868 » 12 Jan 2017, 12:46 pm

And the stupid part will be that the truck driver will get off fairly lightly cause the ignorant will say that motorcycles are dangerous and you need to expect this type of "accident" may happen. Truth be told, Motorcycles are extremely safe compared to cars as %95 of all accidents involving vehicle and bike are the fault of the car driver. Equally effing stupid is that compulsory 3rd party insurance (Greenslip) costs more for a bike, keep in mind that this insurance is 3rd party and not for the bike rider. Essentially motorcyclists pay more to subsidise the tards in cars that hit us...makes no effing sense but hey I'm used to being sodomised by the government fella for other peoples stuff ups.

Relax, breathe, take my meds and go to my happy place....
The maximum number of allowed characters is 255.
brett1868
Major General
Major General

New South Wales

Post by Gamerancher » 12 Jan 2017, 1:58 pm

Settle down there Brett. Trucks also get blamed for all accidents they are involved in even though they are not at fault 85% of the time. My trucks "greenslip" is $2800/year. In thirty-odd years on the highway I have lost count of the number of times I have taken evasive action to save the life of someone in a car or on a bike or in another truck for that matter, due to their bad judgement/driving skills or just plain stupidity. Having said that, looking at the superficial evidence of the photos in the linked story, I think this driver is going to be well and truly in the sh*t. Absolutely no skid-marks and by the way that truck is loaded, it would be overloaded on the steer axle.
Did anyone else take note of the firey's helping themselves to some of the freight? :allegedly:
Gamerancher
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by happyhunter » 12 Jan 2017, 2:32 pm

Last edited by happyhunter on 21 Feb 2017, 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
happyhunter
Major
Major

Other

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 12 Jan 2017, 3:40 pm

Any death on the road is a horrendous occurrence, most preventable I'd say... terribly disturbing for not only the victim (obviously) but the emergency services AND the family....

I've sat at those lights myself....I cant imagine how this guy was so oblivious to his surrounds... drugs.... phone..... texting..... who knows....

But the headline of FEMALE..... motorcyclist..... because if it was a bloke it wouldnt rate a mention....

Whatever... F%^ing social engineers at their best.
<<Genesis93>>
Major General
Major General

-

Post by pete1 » 12 Jan 2017, 5:32 pm

brett1868 wrote:And the stupid part will be that the truck driver will get off fairly lightly cause the ignorant will say that motorcycles are dangerous and you need to expect this type of "accident" may happen. Truth be told, Motorcycles are extremely safe compared to cars as %95 of all accidents involving vehicle and bike are the fault of the car driver. Equally effing stupid is that compulsory 3rd party insurance (Greenslip) costs more for a bike, keep in mind that this insurance is 3rd party and not for the bike rider. Essentially motorcyclists pay more to subsidise the tards in cars that hit us...makes no effing sense but hey I'm used to being sodomised by the government fella for other peoples stuff ups.

Relax, breathe, take my meds and go to my happy place....

If he is found negligent, he will end up in jail for years. A truck driver got two years jail for not looking at the road when a man jay walked across the road and was killed little while ago. Unfortunately to many people don't watch the road and there always gunna be that way cause of a few
pete1
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 12 Jan 2017, 5:38 pm

Lets not pre-judge people. From either viewpoint. As a motorcycle riding ex-truck driver I can see several scenarios that only the police investigations unit will resolve, such as were the lights red with the bike stopped or did the bike change lanes at the last second? (Lost count of cars I've shunted for that) Given a lack of skid marks this is very possible.
No1Mk3
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by albat » 12 Jan 2017, 6:00 pm

Many unnecssary deaths lately with all the drownings ,road deaths etc very sad indeed
albat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by happyhunter » 12 Jan 2017, 7:28 pm

Last edited by happyhunter on 21 Feb 2017, 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
happyhunter
Major
Major

Other

Post by brett1868 » 12 Jan 2017, 8:03 pm

I hold a NSW HC R License with no conditions along with PA for both classes so I have a better then average understanding of vehicle dynamics on the roads. Definitely a huge number of idiots in cars doing stupid things around trucks along with more then a few motorcyclists. I drive using my head, watching the mirrors for bikes and giving them space, allowing trucks to merge in front of me or giving them plenty of space if I move in front but I'm probably one of the few who do. I think all people need to sped a day in the cab of a truck or on the back of a bike before getting their license just so they can learn to think a little. I had a brother, he was killed by a drunk driver who was already suspended for multiple DUI offences. That POS served less than 3 yrs in a minimum security prison, it was actually mentioned by his solicitor that his client deserved less then the maximum sentence cause the victim was on a bike and was aware of the risks involved. Still gets me fired up even after 16 years....
The maximum number of allowed characters is 255.
brett1868
Major General
Major General

New South Wales

Post by Tiger650 » 12 Jan 2017, 11:19 pm

it was actually mentioned by his solicitor that his client deserved less then the maximum sentence cause the victim was on a bike and was aware of the risks involved.
I would like to have been on the bench in that case, with a free hand.
Dip both the "Defendant" and his lawyer in perfume and dress them in lingerie prior to 10 yrs amongst the ferals at Goulburn.
When I can I set a bike up with a hair trigger switch on the rear brake pedal, move my foot to the pedal in anticipation of braking and the brake light activates, not possible with a hydraulic switch but otherwise do it.
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by happyhunter » 13 Jan 2017, 6:06 am

happyhunter
Major
Major

Other

Return to Off topic - General conversation