Paranoia ???

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Paranoia ???

Post by Die Judicii » 14 May 2019, 7:20 pm

What has our world come to of late ?

Almost everything you buy (especially from a food dept) is wrapped and sealed with tamper proof type seals.

It has now reached the stage of being ridiculously over kill.
Example::
Tonight I opened a bottle of cooking oil.

1st up I had to cut off the shrink wrapped cellophane type wring that covered the screw cap and neck.
2nd, after unscrewing the unfettered cap, I had to tear out the ring pull type plastic seal.

I've done it before many times, and never thought much about it,,,,,,,,,,,,, but,
REALLY ????? A seal to protect the seal,,,, Against what FFS :? :unknown:

I mean,,,,,,, the freakin bottle itself is only plastic. :crazy:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
Die Judicii
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Re: Paranoia ???

Post by trekin » 15 May 2019, 4:44 am

I enjoy the occasional ciggie during the day, roll ya own with a filter. For serval years now I have had to laugh at a particular brand of filters that come in a ziplock bag with a preferated tear along anti tamper seal above the ziplock, as all filters do these days, and a lovely punched hole for hanging said bags from display racks,................. below the ziplock. So many levels of irony in that, I wouldn't know where to start.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 15 May 2019, 7:04 am

Mate - go buy a young kids toy...or Peppa pig! It had 9 NINE!!! Hidden twisted plastic wires holding in place, 3 staples, some string and that was only accessible once you’d cut yourself on the hard plastic wrapping, which itself was covered by cardboard...25 mins minimum opening...in sane.
Tikka T3 .260 (custom)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g
Steyr Pro Hunt 30-06 (Dud!!!)
Sauer 100 30-06
TassieTiger
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Tasmania

Post by Ziad » 15 May 2019, 8:39 am

The younger the kids toy the harder are the security features to defeat
Blame it on the phone auto correct
Ziad
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 15 May 2019, 2:53 pm

It's always been my go to excuse if I'm ever asked by a police officer why I'm carrying a knife.

"Officer, have you tried to open anything lately"
images (4).jpeg
images (4).jpeg (22.01 KiB) Viewed 179 times
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand.

on_one_wheel LIVES LEFT: 3..BONUS POINTS: 8
on_one_wheel
Brigadier
Brigadier

South Australia

Post by grandadbushy » 15 May 2019, 3:47 pm

Officer , ''No but I've shot a few people that have'', '' now give me that knife'' :thumbsup: :allegedly: :drinks: Sorry O.O.W but I couldn't help myself please forgive me :thumbsup: :D
grandadbushy
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 15 May 2019, 4:59 pm

grandadbushy wrote:Officer , ''No but I've shot a few people that have'', '' now give me that knife'' :thumbsup: :allegedly: :drinks: Sorry O.O.W but I couldn't help myself please forgive me :thumbsup: :D

:lol: :thumbsup: probably wasn't the best picture to use for my example, but in all seriousness, there's so much packaging that's full blown adult proof.
Like those hard formed plastic packs that are welded together and the realy well heat shrunk stuff that you cant find a spot to get a fingernail into .... so frustrating :oops:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand.

on_one_wheel LIVES LEFT: 3..BONUS POINTS: 8
on_one_wheel
Brigadier
Brigadier

South Australia

Post by grandadbushy » 15 May 2019, 9:14 pm

Yes I hearin ya mate I just bought a knife one of those removable blade jobies and had to use a Stanley knife to get the packing off pitty politicians didn't come in a package like that you wouldn't bother opening it just my opinion
grandadbushy
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation