Climate Scientists - how good are they really?

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Climate Scientists - how good are they really?

Post by bigfellascott » 10 Jan 2020, 8:14 pm

Baronvonrort wrote:Anyone remember this climate pseudo scientist?

Yep and he's the same arseclown who reckoned we would never see rain like we used too then it pissed down in Qld and flooded the f*** out of Brisbane and surrounds :lol:
bigfellascott
General
General

-

Post by bigrich » 10 Jan 2020, 10:23 pm

bigfellascott wrote:
Yep and he's the same arseclown who reckoned we would never see rain like we used too then it pissed down in Qld and flooded the f*** out of Brisbane and surrounds :lol:

i'm not buying into any views one way or the other. i will tell you as a fact i've lived in the logan region of se qld for 51 years . and i remember when i was in primary school to high school every winter we used to get solid rain for around a week or two . the farmers in the lockyer valley (GATTON) used to plant by it .every christmas and easter was heavy tropical rain cyclones used to come as far south as fraser island , more often bunderberg , at least twice a year . i used to drive through flood water to work in my early 20's at least half a dozen times when i was a apprentice in my late teens and early twenties . in a '67 318 vc valiant :P . these are memories of mine . the weather IS different . i haven't seen weather patterns like we used to . i'm no lefty , but things have changed. this is fact . make of it what you will . a mate of mines father has been born and bred in stanthorpe for 72 years . he's never seen things as dry as they are now . i'm not spruiking some lefty propaganda , this is what it is . the mole river west of tenterfeild has run dry . a fella down there who's seventh generation has never heard of that before . the climate IS different , man made or natural i'll leave it up to you guys to argue :unknown:
bigrich
Major
Major

Queensland

Post by grandadbushy » 10 Jan 2020, 11:03 pm

Yes bigrich I agree mate I've lived in this area most of my 65yrs and I can't recall ever hearing of a earth quake in this area but 2yr ago I was standing at my lathe and the shake was so bad it made the tool chatter on the shaft I was skimming .not bad but you could see where the shake took place by the marks . there's no doubt things are changing but really I think its seasons that are changing times not the climate. some places the monsoons are coming early with more rain and in other places seasons are late Australia's no different. I can remember years ago we used to ride around looking for cattle to shoot ie injured and too week from the droughts ,(no feeding them back then) then you get the good years, you crawl back for awhile. till the next drought, it's just season cycles ( something that hasn't been mentioned from others) i'll bet you in 5-10yrs time things won't have changed except the timing of seasons maybe back to the old days. I do see plastic and pollution ie (chemical( as a major problem to nature not the climate :thumbsup:
grandadbushy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 11 Jan 2020, 5:23 am

bigrich wrote:
i'm not buying into any views one way or the other. i will tell you as a fact i've lived in the logan region of se qld for 51 years . and i remember when i was in primary school to high school every winter we used to get solid rain for around a week or two . the farmers in the lockyer valley (GATTON) used to plant by it .every christmas and easter was heavy tropical rain cyclones used to come as far south as fraser island , more often bunderberg , at least twice a year . i used to drive through flood water to work in my early 20's at least half a dozen times when i was a apprentice in my late teens and early twenties . in a '67 318 vc valiant :P . these are memories of mine . the weather IS different . i haven't seen weather patterns like we used to . i'm no lefty , but things have changed. this is fact . make of it what you will . a mate of mines father has been born and bred in stanthorpe for 72 years . he's never seen things as dry as they are now . i'm not spruiking some lefty propaganda , this is what it is . the mole river west of tenterfeild has run dry . a fella down there who's seventh generation has never heard of that before . the climate IS different , man made or natural i'll leave it up to you guys to argue :unknown:

Yep the weather had definitely changed always has and always will as far as I can tell. I watch a show called Alaska the Last Frontier and they have been seeing earlier springs over the last few years compared to years gone by. We've had some heavy snow falls over the last few years around my place compared to yrs gone by, not like back in the 20's or 30's where you'd get a good mtr or 2 and be snowed in for weeks/mths at a time.

I also remember a time when I was a kid growing up and it was that hot we used to wet towels down and freeze them and put those on us at night to help keep us cool so we could sleep.

This summer has been milder for us than last summer, we nearly had snow the other week it was that cold (it snowed down the snowies and tassie from memory). To me these are all natural cycles the planet goes through and paying some stupid tax or any other airy fairy ideas they like to toss up as world saving isn't really going to make any difference to the weather cycles.

History tells us this is normal for the planet to heat up and cool down - all we are seeing now is some great big hoax, the real question people should be asking is who is behind it and what is their agenda! :drinks:
bigfellascott
General
General

-

Post by straightshooter » 11 Jan 2020, 6:47 am

A video of an interview worth watching.

https://youtu.be/wsf9JVHmISY

When one routinely manipulates, games or falsifies evidence and data then it is no longer science.
It is propaganda or politics.
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
“No nation can be freer than its most oppressed, richer than its poorest, or wiser than its most ignorant.” Henry George
straightshooter
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 11 Jan 2020, 7:00 am

straightshooter wrote:A video of an interview worth watching.

When one routinely manipulates, games or falsifies evidence and data then it is no longer science.

Sounds logical to me, why would anyone need to lie about something if it's true? Only logical answer I can come up with is because it's not but they need to convince you it is, then comes the question why do they need you to believe it is? That's where the real danger is, why do they want you to believe something is so? :drinks:
bigfellascott
General
General

-

Post by bigfellascott » 11 Jan 2020, 7:15 am

bigfellascott
General
General

-

Post by marksman » 11 Jan 2020, 9:27 am

straightshooter wrote:A video of an interview worth watching.

fark, when l put this vid up it was ridiculed because it was sky news :lol:
and l got rubbished for calling this type thing manipulation :lol:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Major
Major

Victoria

Post by grandadbushy » 11 Jan 2020, 9:35 am

ahhh that's because the climates changed marksman :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup: :drinks:
grandadbushy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by marksman » 11 Jan 2020, 9:57 am

your right about change BR
around 2005 one of our lakes dried up, lake modewarre, the lake supported trout, salmon carp, tench and eels, there is a boat ramp, it was popular many years ago for water skiing, and many in victoria used it for duck season
https://www.theage.com.au/national/resi ... dzq4b.html

l used to hunt the area quite a bit and knew a few very old timers, the first to have a phone and the first to have a brick home in the area, a big deal at the time
when the lake dried up it was considered a catastrophe, first the fish died then the poor ducks had lost their habitat and there was a lot of fuss to find out why as well as the weather patterns being different

it turns out that the old timers used to ride their horses to school through an old cow paddock that ended up being lake modewarre
l remember being told at its best it was 6 meters deep and a generation will see it full but the next it may be dry

it has some water in it now but l agree the weather is changing :drinks:

l will also add that at that time not one word was said about the lake drying up having anything to do with man made climate change
and the scientists were involved, ozzy and American
Last edited by marksman on 11 Jan 2020, 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Major
Major

Victoria

Post by marksman » 11 Jan 2020, 9:59 am

grandadbushy wrote:ahhh that's because the climates changed marksman :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup: :drinks:

very good grandadbushy :lol: :lol: :lol:
l see what you did there :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:
marksman
Major
Major

Victoria

Post by BluEsky » 13 Jan 2020, 1:17 pm

:o Yes and now in the NT New Record Changes. :shock:

;) https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-12/ ... e/11861164

;) Now and what a short Memory they all have, what about the Ozone Hole :o still grew to be twice as large as when it was said all was lost, but holding it's size for now, is this the reason that the Monsoon / Cyclone season was very late this Year, :? well it gives the kids an excuse when things go wrong.

;)
Attachments
FB_IMG_1578694159648.jpg
FB_IMG_1578694159648.jpg (209.93 KiB) Viewed 265 times
BluEsky
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 14 Jan 2020, 11:40 am

Spot on Blue Esky, useless good for nothing halfwits most of em, completely clueless as to how anythings made or produced! Probably all drive cars with Leather seats!
bigfellascott
General
General

-

Post by duncan61 » 14 Jan 2020, 9:38 pm

I like to take time to read the letters column in the West Australian paper if I have time to take lunch somewhere and I am amazed at the people who really believe that if the Labor party was voted in with their slightly different climate policies all the fires will go out and we will all live forever???
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by grandadbushy » 14 Jan 2020, 11:35 pm

They probably will be out by the time labour gets in Duncan and I like you am amazed at how some people think, but in the end it's just their opinion and my opinion people put too much faith in scientists. they are human and susceptible to corruption like lots of people some make false statements because of pressure from higher up others just do it for notoriety, and others are just dumb and know no better all this makes it hard for the genuine ones to the point where we are now with climate change information .
grandadbushy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by BluEsky » 15 Jan 2020, 11:42 am

grandadbushy wrote:They probably will be out by the time labour gets in Duncan and I like you am amazed at how some people think, but in the end it's just their opinion and my opinion people put too much faith in scientists. they are human and susceptible to corruption like lots of people some make false statements because of pressure from higher up others just do it for notoriety, and others are just dumb and know no better all this makes it hard for the genuine ones to the point where we are now with climate change information .

;) Who needs Scientists when we have Experts who don't act on Facts. :roll: :sarcasm:

:shock:
Attachments
3b8uhb6v3dx31.jpg
3b8uhb6v3dx31.jpg (110.25 KiB) Viewed 78 times
BluEsky
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by grandadbushy » 15 Jan 2020, 11:55 am

Good point BluEsky :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
grandadbushy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Ziad » 15 Jan 2020, 1:20 pm

Lol i find it funny, how non scientists are such experts on human behavior that they think all these scientists have taken money from the industry that is still not existent...or in its infancy.

While they are ready to believe scientists that are (against climate change) and have more than likely gotten money from a mature and very rich industry that has lots of money and most to lose if climate change is real.

And what's more funny, the scientists you all use as examples the number can be counted easily and most have already proven links to the petrol pr other pollution producing industries.
Blame it on the phone auto correct
Ziad
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Victoria

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic - General conversation