The combined COVID-19 topic

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: COVID19 CONSPIRACY.

Post by Peter988 » 04 Apr 2020, 6:01 pm

Here ya go. Whole thing is just a hoax.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... kdown.html
Peter988
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by straightshooter » 05 Apr 2020, 7:25 am

TassieTiger wrote:That % of healthy people seems to be getting bigger and bigger...

Only time will tell.
My prediction is that when general mortality statistics for 2020 are eventually released they won't look much different to earlier years.
Given that the general public's attention span is neither long nor broad and by that time we will have moved on to some other crisis.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by TassieTiger » 05 Apr 2020, 8:09 am

I respectfully disagree SS, I think this one is a game changer...regardless of the final numbers.
Ppl won’t be allowed to forget this - every time you look at a payslip and see covid19 levy = 6% x gross x 40 years...will be a reminder lol.
Local premier said it best - if this pandemic was an afl match, we are 10 mins into the first quarter.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Covid19 something i been saying

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 05 Apr 2020, 8:12 am

https://www.theage.com.au/national/diab ... 54grd.html

So i read this article, finally someone in the media is asking the biggest question. I was watching today tonight yesterday... yes bad choice of program. They had a video on a cruiseship with no covid19 but which had been asked to move out of Australian water with its crew still onboard. Basically a countryless ship as no one will allow it to dock.

But TT had a so called infectious disease expert, even who skirted this question.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Re: Covid19 something i been saying

Post by Bill » 05 Apr 2020, 8:42 am

Trouble with Covid 19 is that 25-30% of carriers can be asymptomatic (zero symptoms or affects). S

So if you have Covid 19 patients with respiratory symptoms on a boat there will be some on the boat with zero symptoms who can infect others, hence why term floating Petri dish applies.

There was a reason NZ refused to let the Ruby Princess dock unfortunately a few days later the Liberal retards in power here showed complete incompetence.
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Ziege » 05 Apr 2020, 9:32 am

Ziad wrote:https://www.theage.com.au/national/diabolical-dilemma-looms-even-after-coronavirus-curve-is-flattened-20200403-p54grd.html

So i read this article, finally someone in the media is asking the biggest question. I was watching today tonight yesterday... yes bad choice of program. They had a video on a cruiseship with no covid19 but which had been asked to move out of Australian water with its crew still onboard. Basically a countryless ship as no one will allow it to dock.

But TT had a so called infectious disease expert, even who skirted this question.

Well issue is, if we fall to 0 cases within Australia, we can't just let people start coming here Again, not until a vaccine or something.... So whilst Australia could potentially completely eliminate it from their populace, allowing foreigners to re-enter would be something that must wait a very long time, either that or a return to how things were in the early days of foreign visitation, perhaps only allow in those with serious intentions to live here either long term or permanently, and apply a strict quarantine of over 3 weeks with testing every 3 days or so, as well as a full health check to eliminate other disease risks as well. Each person wishing to come here should have all the vaccinations equivalent to a school leaver, which would include a covid19 vaccine when it's available, and quarantine would have to be strictly adhered to. This way you can guarantee that there are no sick entering.

I honestly can't see how else it would work. Australia's hard on for rampant immigration is kinda stupid anyway, it has washed away the culture that Australia had as a nation under a wave of urbanite morons all living here 2 or less generations with no attachment to the country or that which built it. Would be nice to have that changed for a bit...

Also might help weed out those loyal to the CCP and likes that enter our nation with malintent
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by Baronvonrort » 05 Apr 2020, 10:01 am

Ziad wrote:They had a video on a cruiseship with no covid19 but which had been asked to move out of Australian water with its crew still onboard. Basically a countryless ship as no one will allow it to dock.

All ships must be registered what countries are these ships registered in?

No such thing as a country less ship.
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 05 Apr 2020, 11:20 am

Unless the ship is registered at a tiny island for tax haven proposes.

Zeig, mate why are you taking about immigration.... covid doesn't check ohh this person is going to Aus to immigrate or holiday.

Anyway the point of this thread is not immigration, or even cruise ships. Its moore about what will happen in 3...6...12 months, until a vaccine is produced. Are we going to stay locked up.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by trekin » 05 Apr 2020, 11:54 am

Until Aus goes down same path as Germany and starts testing everyone who presents with flu like symtoms, then the case load will not drop below a certain level. Germany started testing its citizens within days of a rumour out of China that there was an unknown virus with flu like symtoms that also had respritory distress had been found there, and yes, that was back in Dec 2019. They have been doing upwards of 500,000 tests PER day.
Unfortunately the Aus Gov't would have to admit that they stuffed up big time by only testing those who meet a very limited criteria, and that this virus is now, and has been for sometime, community transmitting.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by trekin » 05 Apr 2020, 12:10 pm

Starts of well, but unfortunately degenerates into into a Greens s**t dibbling spew.
https://www.theage.com.au/national/bewa ... 54gi0.html
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by marksman » 05 Apr 2020, 1:44 pm

story about "were in a petri dish"
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/22/worl ... -ship.html

from Bill in the comments
"Three unknowns make it much more difficult to contain coronavirus than any government authorities (US and otherwise) have acknowledged:

1. Unknown incubation time:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/as ... story.html

2. Flawed virus tests:
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51491763

3. Asymptomatic transmission: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-chin ... SKBN20G00J

You could test negative and show no symptoms for weeks and still be a carrier.

We also don't know how long the virus can survive on surfaces, and whether disinfectants are as effective as claimed.

Given these unknowns, the only truly effective means of halting transmission is a 60-day quarantine based on evidence of exposure to people or places that have been exposed. No exceptions. "

obviously britain tried the herd immunity theory to look after there own economy but that didn't last did it :lol: :roll:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by trekin » 05 Apr 2020, 1:49 pm

marksman wrote:story about "were in a petri dish"
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/22/worl ... -ship.html

from Bill in the comments
"Three unknowns make it much more difficult to contain coronavirus than any government authorities (US and otherwise) have acknowledged:

1. Unknown incubation time:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/as ... story.html

2. Flawed virus tests:
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51491763

3. Asymptomatic transmission: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-chin ... SKBN20G00J

You could test negative and show no symptoms for weeks and still be a carrier.

We also don't know how long the virus can survive on surfaces, and whether disinfectants are as effective as claimed.

Given these unknowns, the only truly effective means of halting transmission is a 60-day quarantine based on evidence of exposure to people or places that have been exposed. No exceptions. "

obviously britain tried the herd immunity theory to look after there own economy but that didn't last did it :lol: :roll:

Or give everyone a dose of headlice treatment. The poms s**t themselve when some dropkick entered the wrong data set into their predictive model.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 05 Apr 2020, 2:26 pm

Good article Trekin.... we are going into uncharted territory, will all these extra measures be removed once cronavirus subsides? Then it goes into greens propaganda... but i recon a lot of stuff that in the past won't have gotten approved will be done quickly now... and in the haste to create jobs our bureaucrats and govt have a truly deplorable track record.

Flawed tests that is right. Like everything in life when a new test comes up it needs to be tested. And some of the initial cronavirus tests were giving false results. The new and improved tests are very reliable.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 05 Apr 2020, 3:55 pm

Baronvonrort wrote:
All ships must be registered what countries are these ships registered in?

No such thing as a country less ship.

If you read my post again. The ship is currently basically countryless because no country will allow it to dock in the current environment
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Baronvonrort » 05 Apr 2020, 6:10 pm

We could look at how parts of China are dealing with controlling this pandemic.

Face masks becoming mandatory in public and at work the surgical masks are fine doesn't have to be N95. There will be some who claim this isn't necessary yet you don't see any doctors or nurses treating victims without a facemask. Masks will stop infected people from spreading this further.

Mandatory temperature testing for entering public transport and staff at work doesn't matter if it's an office, building site with 50 Chinese gyprockers from Wuhan or takeaway joint with temps recorded a couple of times a day at work. The Chinese even test everyone in cars going through checkpoints. They started doing this after the SARS outbreak a while ago.

Mandatory 14 day quarantine for all foreigners with foreigners having to pay for this before being allowed into public.

The Chinese have phone apps for tracking people I don't think many would be happy with that, I don't have a problem with it.

We are fairly lucky we're isolated and have control over our borders so all we have to do is deal with the cases we have here and stop it spreading further.

This is how they deal with it in China, don't know what happens if you admit to being in Wuhan.- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfsdJGj3-jM
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Baronvonrort » 05 Apr 2020, 6:17 pm

Ziad wrote:
If you read my post again. The ship is currently basically countryless because no country will allow it to dock in the current environment

They have been told several times to go back to their home port.

It would be the best option for them when you consider mooring costs in some ports where they charge by the foot of length, how long would they intend on parking here?

I don't think any of the half dozen ships currently offshore here should be allowed to dock these ships are festering pits of kung flu.

The DemocRats in NY want that navy ship to treat kung flu victims which is incredibly stupid have they noticed what happens on ships infected with this virus?
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by marksman » 05 Apr 2020, 7:32 pm

Baron what worries me about your utube vid is that utube is not accessible from China. ... utube is blocked under the Great Firewall
l smell a chinese commie behind the vid

l dont think you really believe anything that comes out of china anyway and l mean anything

the only ppe that l have heard of that works 100% is in one italian hospital that the healthcare workers wear that looks like a space suit, no healthcare workers have contracted the chinese flu while wearing it but l dont think we are going to get them here
not to say the right ppe would not help but there are to many healthcare workers contracting covid 19 while wearing the recommended ppe and treating this disease seriously

australia has to rid itself of the germy farken chinese flu and keep the borders shut till the germy chinese flu can be controlled
its not our germy flu but we are all paying the price for it
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 05 Apr 2020, 7:42 pm

And just in case we think covid19 might be the last of the issues...a new virus has started killing Chinese...
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.ind ... mic-601111
Last edited by TassieTiger on 06 Apr 2020, 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Ziege » 05 Apr 2020, 8:45 pm

marksman wrote:Baron what worries me about your utube vid is that utube is not accessible from China. ... utube is blocked under the Great Firewall

l dont think you really believe anything that comes out of china anyway and l mean anything

the only ppe that l have heard of that works 100% is in one italian hospital that the healthcare workers wear that looks like a space suit, no healthcare workers have contracted the chinese flu while wearing it but l dont think we are going to get them here
not to say the right ppe would not help but there are to many healthcare workers contracting covid 19 while wearing the recommended ppe and treating this disease seriously

australia has to rid itself of the germy farken chinese flu and keep the borders shut till the germy chinese flu can be controlled

Damn straight it's their flu and it's their mess and we should be taking all Chinese owned assets and businesses in this country back as reparations for their bulls**t, all governments worldwide should bury the Chinese in embargoes and they would be dropping like flies in a matter of weeks... Their economy relies on slavery and exploitation, embargoes would end their supply chains and bury them in their own bulls**t once and for all. It's time they pay for their constant viral outbreaks (sars, swine and bird flu, and many others) and their communist garbage that not only leaves millions suffering on their own soil but has now led to millions of people without incomes and has cost many many lives all due to their communist lies and garbage
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by Baronvonrort » 05 Apr 2020, 9:10 pm

marksman wrote:Baron what worries me about your utube vid is that utube is not accessible from China. ... utube is blocked under the Great Firewall

I don't usually trust anything from governments who are fluent with bulls**t. I don't believe the official numbers from Hubei or Wuhan

I know someone in Shanghai he is a private citizen who I trust keep in mind there were whistle blowers in China when this outbreak occurred. He says that video shows what they're doing in China. No commies behind that video it's genuine.

I think masks and temp testing should be implemented to prevent spread and help identify those who need to be isolated.

51 doctors have died in Italy treating these kung flu victims last time I checked.

This blog by Ai Fen a Director of ER at Wuhan Central Hospital has been saved despite the Chinese efforts to delete it, many Chinese doctors and nurses have died from this. Interesting thing where she mentioned if her asthma medication helped save her while others around her died. I suspect wearing safety gear and perhaps not being right in the front line as the director had more to do with it.
https://scienceintegritydigest.com/2020/03/11/dr-ai-fen-the-wuhan-whistle/
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Baronvonrort » 05 Apr 2020, 9:21 pm

The things that get deleted from the internet that are saved on web archive.

Found parts of this interesting which go against the official story from China. I wonder why it was deleted perhaps mentioning no bats were sold at that market and the bat was never a food source in that city had something to do with efforts to delete it.

The possible origins of 2019-nCoV coronavirus

Botao Xiao1,2* and Lei Xiao3

The bats carrying CoV ZC45 were originally found in Yunnan or Zhejiang province,
both of which were more than 900 kilometers away from the seafood market. Bats were
normally found to live in caves and trees. But the seafood market is in a densely-populated
district of Wuhan, a metropolitan of ~15 million people. The probability was very low for the
bats to fly to the market. According to municipal reports and the testimonies of 31 residents
and 28 visitors, the bat was never a food source in the city, and no bat was traded in the
market. There was possible natural recombination or intermediate host of the coronavirus,
yet little proof has been reported.

Was there any other possible pathway? We screened the area around the seafood
market and identified two laboratories conducting research on bat coronavirus. Within ~280
meters from the market, there was the Wuhan Center for Disease Control & Prevention
(WHCDC) (Figure 1, from Baidu and Google maps)

The second laboratory was ~12 kilometers from the seafood market and belonged to
Wuhan Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Sciences 1, 9, 10. This laboratory
reported that the Chinese horseshoe bats were natural reservoirs for the severe acute
respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV) which caused the 2002-3 pandemic 9.
The principle investigator participated in a project which generated a chimeric virus using the SARS-CoV reverse genetics system, and reported the potential for human
emergence 10. A direct speculation was that SARS-CoV or its derivative might leak from
the laboratory.

In summary, somebody was entangled with the evolution of 2019-nCoV coronavirus.
In addition to origins of natural recombination and intermediate host, the killer coronavirus
probably originated from a laboratory in Wuhan. Safety level may need to be reinforced in
high risk biohazardous laboratories. Regulations may be taken to relocate these
laboratories far away from city center and other densely populated places

https://web.archive.org/web/20200214144447/https:/www.researchgate.net/publication/339070128_The_possible_origins_of_2019-nCoV_coronavirus

Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 06 Apr 2020, 8:17 am

So while the state's are battling covid19 and possibly running out of PPE and medications Jared the babyface changed the definition of the national emergency stash to we will use this stash only for those that we want to. Aka if we don't like your state politicians you not getting anything so pi55 off stash.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/0 ... rks-163181
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 06 Apr 2020, 8:59 am

The picture of the child with the caption ( grown ups deal with it ). I don’t get it. Is it relating to hoping that more mature people are in a better position to know what to do, but we really are hoping for the best as we are battling something very new ? Or is it a reminder that in this crisis us adults need to concentrate on acting like adults ?
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 06 Apr 2020, 11:01 am

Thanks for the link MM the only thing I heard about her is from comments on this site , and because I don’t usually bother with politics much, the only opinion I have formed so far is that she is a young person that has a lot to say , and that perhaps some pay too much attention to her ..... for the moment she will probably be forgotten for a while. We have other very serious stuff to deal with
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by marksman » 06 Apr 2020, 11:14 am

TassieTiger wrote:And just in case we think covid19 might be the last of the issues...a new virus has started killing Chinese...
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.ind ... mic-601111

pretty scary stuff Tassie :wtf:

what has been circulating recently is how china are apparently on top of this chinese disease :roll: yep sure thing :lol: we trust you china :thumbsup:
apparently the chinese are gearing up to make a killing selling to the world again :roll:
farken parasites :thumbsdown:
so we should take down the restrictions give everyone a dose, kill off 10% of the community so we can buy more disease from comrade Xi Jinping :wtf:
that will work, for sure ;)
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 06 Apr 2020, 2:01 pm

How ironic the hate and the duality of some people on this forum.

While when it suits them they happy to pay $$$$ to Chinese ti buy scopes, clothes, food and night vision stuff
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by marksman » 06 Apr 2020, 2:07 pm

Ziad wrote:How ironic the hate and the duality of some people on this forum.

While when it suits them they happy to pay $$$$ to Chinese ti buy scopes, clothes, food and night vision stuff

and burn cream for those who need it :lol: :lol: ;) :roll: :drinks: :welcome:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Bill » 06 Apr 2020, 4:33 pm

Ziege wrote:Damn straight it's their flu and it's their mess and we should be taking all Chinese owned assets and businesses in this country back as reparations for their bulls**t, all governments worldwide should bury the Chinese in embargoes and they would be dropping like flies in a matter of weeks... Their economy relies on slavery and exploitation, embargoes would end their supply chains and bury them in their own bulls**t once and for all. It's time they pay for their constant viral outbreaks (sars, swine and bird flu, and many others) and their communist garbage that not only leaves millions suffering on their own soil but has now led to millions of people without incomes and has cost many many lives all due to their communist lies and garbage

What if we discover the origins of the technology that produced Covid 19 are American ??? Should we take American assets ?? make ths Seppo's pay :lol: :lol:

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by TassieTiger » 06 Apr 2020, 4:42 pm

How would one ever prove one way or the other where patient one originated
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Bill » 06 Apr 2020, 4:45 pm

sorry Tassie tiger I thought you were up to speed on the joint USA - CHINA Corona program :lol: :lol:

Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic - General conversation