









Fester wrote:Could have been in jocks yesterday,felt like mid Janurary. Today is like winter temps again, anb drizzle rain. Lost the internet in fridays storm, looks like the NBN box rather than the providers modem. Shows it is an addiction, as I really missed the laptop browsing at first. The phone is just crap, compared to a decent screen. Getting better at using it.
An indian should fix it tomorrow but bad timing, as I got an ssaa farmer assist call.
Sounds like a funny one or greeny type woman but beggars can't be choosers, and a few hundred hectares about 2 and a bit hrs from home can't be missed. Just grasshopper pest control, and she felt bad as a one nighter, they may be there, but maybe not.
Google showed good cleared flat country and safe shooting down where the roos come from the bush. They are in full drought, hanging for rain.
A half hour closser to the coast is high rainfall fertile country. They have predicted rain for them today, so hope they get some, and more than a sprinkle.
Should be interesting if they are half normal, and don't expect me to hand dig graves, will take a tow rope incase lol

Wapiti wrote:Hopefully they still have some of those Little River primers for you when you get there.
They had LR, LRM, SR, SP etc all for $95/1000. That's pre-covid prices.
Tomorrow I'm going down to Toowoomba for another reason, so have an internet purchase of them ready to pick up.
Been using them for all my handloading for a few months, and after a hitch with some very tight fits in new unused cases, have grown to really like using them.
And $9.50/100, wow compared to a minimum of $22-26 a pack in country towns here, is a nice bit of relief.
They also have some unreal prices on 200-boxes of the excellent softpoint PMC 223 and 308 ammo right now.

bigrich wrote:Fester wrote:Could have been in jocks yesterday,felt like mid Janurary. Today is like winter temps again, anb drizzle rain. Lost the internet in fridays storm, looks like the NBN box rather than the providers modem. Shows it is an addiction, as I really missed the laptop browsing at first. The phone is just crap, compared to a decent screen. Getting better at using it.
An indian should fix it tomorrow but bad timing, as I got an ssaa farmer assist call.
Sounds like a funny one or greeny type woman but beggars can't be choosers, and a few hundred hectares about 2 and a bit hrs from home can't be missed. Just grasshopper pest control, and she felt bad as a one nighter, they may be there, but maybe not.
Google showed good cleared flat country and safe shooting down where the roos come from the bush. They are in full drought, hanging for rain.
A half hour closser to the coast is high rainfall fertile country. They have predicted rain for them today, so hope they get some, and more than a sprinkle.
Should be interesting if they are half normal, and don't expect me to hand dig graves, will take a tow rope incase lol
you actually got a call from farmer assisti registered for that and never heard boo . hopefully they get some rain , it's bloody dry west of the range up here in QLD . piles of paddock rats make good pig bait , stuff putting them in the ground
hope it goes well for you mate . cheers

bladeracer wrote:They had all but Large Pistol, so I grabbed some Large Rifle to try in the pistols. I'll test them when I get home. I went to The Open Range on Friday chasing #9 12 gauge shells for a mate for quail but nobody has them. I'll have to load some and bring them up next time for him. Then I went to Helidon for blackpowder before coming to the range.Wapiti wrote:Hopefully they still have some of those Little River primers for you when you get there.
They had LR, LRM, SR, SP etc all for $95/1000. That's pre-covid prices.
Tomorrow I'm going down to Toowoomba for another reason, so have an internet purchase of them ready to pick up.
Been using them for all my handloading for a few months, and after a hitch with some very tight fits in new unused cases, have grown to really like using them.
And $9.50/100, wow compared to a minimum of $22-26 a pack in country towns here, is a nice bit of relief.
They also have some unreal prices on 200-boxes of the excellent softpoint PMC 223 and 308 ammo right now.


Wapiti wrote:bladeracer wrote:They had all but Large Pistol, so I grabbed some Large Rifle to try in the pistols. I'll test them when I get home. I went to The Open Range on Friday chasing #9 12 gauge shells for a mate for quail but nobody has them. I'll have to load some and bring them up next time for him. Then I went to Helidon for blackpowder before coming to the range.Wapiti wrote:Hopefully they still have some of those Little River primers for you when you get there.
They had LR, LRM, SR, SP etc all for $95/1000. That's pre-covid prices.
Tomorrow I'm going down to Toowoomba for another reason, so have an internet purchase of them ready to pick up.
Been using them for all my handloading for a few months, and after a hitch with some very tight fits in new unused cases, have grown to really like using them.
And $9.50/100, wow compared to a minimum of $22-26 a pack in country towns here, is a nice bit of relief.
They also have some unreal prices on 200-boxes of the excellent softpoint PMC 223 and 308 ammo right now.
You must tell me where this blackpowder joint is mate. You say Helidon? Just down the range from Toowoomba?
I have to go down to the Gatton Tafe a bit via the Gatton/Clifton Ma-Ma Creek alternative range crossing. A fun drive.



Wapiti wrote:The Mrs and I spent the day cleaning up the hunters cabin down at the campsite for the blokes coming down soon. Nobody's been there for ages except some Engineer mates and their families and they really only use fancy 4wd camper trailers anyway and just use the building to sit out rain or use the kitchen. Or get out of the flies, but with this drought they are absent.
A big bloody tree bough from a rough-barked apple fell and made a helluva mess, so now there is a pile of firewood there deadset the size of a camper trailer. At least now I don't have to worry about a chainsaw accident.
Binned all the stashes of canned stews and other crap that's too old to be safe, old vege oil etc and the damn gecko crap that the little buggers leave everywhere. Cleared the 100m range and the benchrest , painted the steel targets and checked the target frames are good.
The more noise they make, the better I reckon. Way more fun sighting in rifles band plinking as practice before a hunt than at a rifle range - no damn range pests
"what do you have that big green $10k tactical rifle for, all my life I've used a 1943 Longbranch fullwood to bounce a tennis ball out past 500 yards every shot with open sights with ammo made during Korea"
Anyway, we like people to come to a clean equipped place to stay.

Fester wrote:No flies; drought does have a benefit, still no good, but.

