Local gun shop closures with COVID shutdown

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Shutdown COVID - Local Gun Shops

Post by TassieTiger » 27 Mar 2020, 8:37 pm

Why send in the cops ?
Insane. I’m really hating WA’s over zealous firearm bulldust.
By doing this - they have immediately created a black market and panic elsewhere...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by PorkEatingCrusader » 27 Mar 2020, 8:47 pm

TassieTiger wrote:Why send in the cops ?
Insane. I’m really hating WA’s over zealous firearm bulldust.
By doing this - they have immediately created a black market and panic elsewhere...

You could make the argument that the blackmarket started in 1996. What was lawful in 1995 all of a sudden became a criminal offence. There is no way to no how many but I think we can all bet our farms that not every firearm was relinquished.
PorkEatingCrusader
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Bill » 27 Mar 2020, 8:52 pm

The fear from WAPOL and distrust towards LAFO in WA is next level PHARKED and absolutely disgusting, it shows what small peckers they have !!

WA Liberals are nuthin more than pony riding mining lackeys, time for change
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Westaussieguy » 27 Mar 2020, 9:05 pm

Our local trading association is onto it, we will have to see what happens.
Already done the centre link thing just waiting to hear from them.
Hopefully this madness won't spread to the east, Jeez imagine if they did this in the USA.
Westaussieguy
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by PorkEatingCrusader » 27 Mar 2020, 9:15 pm

Westaussieguy wrote:Our local trading association is onto it, we will have to see what happens.
Already done the centre link thing just waiting to hear from them.
Hopefully this madness won't spread to the east, Jeez imagine if they did this in the USA.

I wish you the best mate I hope it goes well. Would never happen in America. They have to many patriots armed to the teeth willing to stand up for their freedoms.
PorkEatingCrusader
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by CJWA » 27 Mar 2020, 10:34 pm

For those interested here's the letter ordering the closure of the gun shops in WA

https://www.wa.gov.au/sites/default/fil ... 0Shops.pdf

Also the media statement: https://www.mediastatements.wa.gov.au/P ... ponse.aspx

@Westaussieguy You have my sympathies. I'm in pretty much in the same boat. One thing though. I think several regional stores are not solely a gun shop. They tend to be a combination of camping/outdoors and firearms or a hardware and firearms. With more clarification it might be possible for the rest of the store to stay open. Also with the exemption for the rural land owners to buy ammo, there is no info of how that works and what criteria should be in place to define them
CJWA
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Member-Deleted » 28 Mar 2020, 6:47 am

PorkEatingCrusader wrote: I wish you the best mate I hope it goes well. Would never happen in America. They have to many patriots armed to the teeth willing to stand up for their freedoms.

ummm, yeah nah, it is happening in the USA too ... so far 7 states have ordered gun shops to close https://www.thetrace.org/2020/03/corona ... state-map/
the old gray mare she aint what she used to be :problem:
Member-Deleted

Post by Stix » 28 Mar 2020, 8:26 am

Did you read that BBSS...?
I only skimmed it, but i dont see it as how you are suggesting...& certainly nothing even remotely similar to WA...

Not even same ballpark as WA, or country for that matter... ( :lol: ).
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by PorkEatingCrusader » 28 Mar 2020, 9:11 am

They can't declare gun shops(in the USA) as “nonessential” businesses. The countries founding document that the whole country is based on literally says otherwise. Lawsuits and or civil unrest will happen if they try because Americans are duty bound to defend themselves against tyranny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=y ... hQ5678cJU8
PorkEatingCrusader
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 28 Mar 2020, 10:04 am

G'day Stix
yes mate I read it but perhaps I missed something? From what I read, 7 states in the US have ordered gun shops to close. Now that's only 7/50 of their states [or roughly 1/7th of the total states]. Pretty much like WA is the only state here so far to do it [1/6; 1/8 if you count NT and ACT]. Maths was never my strong suit but based on the ratios, it seemed analogous. But really, I was addressing the gist of the other comment which was that the USA would never put up with this BS. Well it looks like 7 of their states so far have had it imposed upon them.

In this country, unless you're a farmer or a professional, shooting is a hobby or a sport - by definition "non-essential" just like the footy
Member-Deleted

Post by Member-Deleted » 28 Mar 2020, 10:10 am

For all our non-WA bretheren, now might be good time to visit your LGS and buy some components... with ranges closed / closing, the next few months will be a good time to work on your reloading, or have a go at that glass bedding job.
Member-Deleted

Post by Baronvonrort » 28 Mar 2020, 10:26 am

Member-Deleted wrote:ummm, yeah nah, it is happening in the USA too ... so far 7 states have ordered gun shops to close https://www.thetrace.org/2020/03/corona ... state-map/
the old gray mare she aint what she used to be :problem:

I wonder how many of those states are Democrat run, I suspect quite a few
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Member-Deleted » 28 Mar 2020, 10:29 am

and another thing :ugeek:
before we LAFOs start getting on our "we're being persecuted" high horse, just remember that many shops and businesses have been ordered to close, the whole country is getting weird and the whole of society is being told to just be quiet and comply, or else...

this from the Tasmanian Premier's recent press conference [from ABC News onlne]:

"If more than 10 people congregate at a park or beach, that will be an offence.

"If you go to somebody's house and you have a party, that will be an offence. We need to ensure that we follow the rules.

"From midnight Sunday, any non-essential traveller arriving in the state, either through our airports or through our ferry port, will be placed into self-quarantine for 14 days in a government run facility. So any non-essential traveller, whether you are Tasmanian or somebody coming from interstate, you will be placed into a government operated facility."
Member-Deleted

Post by Stix » 28 Mar 2020, 10:34 am

Sorry...right you are BBSS...
I skimmed over it with my mobile---page looks very different on PC...lol.

But...although im not going to read through them all...i did open up at least one of the "official announcements & read part way through it...where It did specifically say that the businesses are encouraged to continue trading remotely...in other words they can sell & post stuff out i guess where there is no human to human contact.
So id guess other states where gun shops arent classes as essential businesses & closed down may still be able to trade over internet as well...(?)

But the New Jersey one they have shut off the application process for new firearms...wow...i wouldnt have expected to see that given what we're led to believe about the USA over here,

However overall they are mostly pretty much up & running...as compared to WA anyway...!!
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by PorkEatingCrusader » 28 Mar 2020, 11:06 am

Just because they are ordered to close does not make it constitutional. Like in hurricane Katrina when the mayor sent cops to steal peoples guns it was later found illegal.

This covid 19 is a trigger event to condition people to give up their freedom of movement and association. Whilst it may not be wise to linger in public it is not the governments business to dicate that we can't. They work for us, we don't work for them.

Scomo announced he is locking citizens in camps for 14 days. Who even knows if they will be released. Giving out fines for leaving their own home in their own state, internal checkpoints. That is the definition of tyranny.
PorkEatingCrusader
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 28 Mar 2020, 11:32 am

PorkEatingCrusader wrote:This covid 19 is a trigger event to condition people to give up their freedom of movement and association. Whilst it may not be wise to linger in public it is not the governments business to dicate that we can't. They work for us, we don't work for them.

Scomo announced he is locking citizens in camps for 14 days. Who even knows if they will be released. Giving out fines for leaving their own home in their own state? That is the definition of tyranny.

yes mate, strange days indeed. But its not just the prime minister... various state premiers are doing it too e.g. Tasmania locking up 'new arrivals' - they can pass a law in parliament and then it becomes legal. A lot of these emergency powers they're using have been on the books for ages, we've just collectively never noticed [or never thought they'd affect us].

what strikes me as weird atm is how in this crisis, we're becoming less "Australian" and more parochial - *insert name of state or territory you live in* ... all these press releases, various state premiers just emphasising they are doing what they're doing "to save Victorian lives" or "to save South Australian lives" etc etc. And because they all only care about their little patch, we have inconsistent approaches to dealing with it
Member-Deleted

Post by Member-Deleted » 28 Mar 2020, 11:36 am

coming to a street near you .... :sarcasm:

image deleted by me... sarcasm might be lost on some people :wtf:
Last edited by Member-Deleted on 28 Mar 2020, 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member-Deleted

Post by PorkEatingCrusader » 28 Mar 2020, 11:41 am

Haha. Look its funny to laugh at but the reality is that tyranny is coming. Satan is upping his game and the end of days is near. Bible stores across the country have nearly sold out as people attempt to return to christ.
PorkEatingCrusader
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 28 Mar 2020, 12:45 pm

Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by PorkEatingCrusader » 28 Mar 2020, 1:30 pm

My fear is first they close the ranges down, then the shops. Then they come door to door to steal our private property. Registration leads to confiscation, we all know this. They know what we have and where we are. They will say your licence states sports shooting. No clubs are open to shoot at so we are taking your firearm for public safety.
PorkEatingCrusader
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by JimTom » 28 Mar 2020, 4:51 pm

Any truth to the rumour that QLD gun shops now close too?
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

QLD Gun Stores ordered to close indefinitely due to COVID-19

Post by rc42 » 28 Mar 2020, 4:58 pm

Following on from the WA closure, QLD has updated the list of compulsory business closures to include all licensed firearms dealers.

https://www.health.qld.gov.au/system-go ... mhDIOQ7Z7g
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Re: QLD Gun Stores ordered to close indefinitely due to COVI

Post by bladeracer » 28 Mar 2020, 6:15 pm

rc42 wrote:Following on from the WA closure, QLD has updated the list of compulsory business closures to include all licensed firearms dealers.

https://www.health.qld.gov.au/system-go ... mhDIOQ7Z7g

Rebel sent me a message today.
As from Monday they are not sending firearms interstate, but are still accepting them from interstate.
They are _only_ doing PtA's for firearms bought from them, not from elsewhere.
Online and phone orders are unaffected.
Order pick-ups will be by appointment and non-face-to-face, there is no entry to the store. Payments beforehand or in cash only.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by JimTom » 28 Mar 2020, 6:20 pm

Couldn’t have tagged this into the current thread relating to Corona and gun shops mate?
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 28 Mar 2020, 6:23 pm

JimTom wrote:Couldn’t have tagged this into the current thread relating to Corona and gun shops mate?

Then I wouldn't have seen it, I'm not bothering with those threads.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by 8x57 » 28 Mar 2020, 6:54 pm

Had a look at the list Gun shops closed but you can still get a massage as look as social distancing is practiced, how the f*** you social distance when getting a massage
8x57
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by marksman » 28 Mar 2020, 6:58 pm

Ziad wrote:

Don't really need to, esp when ROs at Little River and Springvale know me. Not really into hunting animals at the moment. Still I probably shot a couple thousand centrefire rounds into in inanimate objects lay year. Plus a few more at Springvale.

hmmm yea
how disappointing :thumbsdown:

anyway l haven't bought any projectiles for a while but l reckon l may be ok for a bit but l do shoot a bit :lol:
and that's not quite all of them :thumbsup:

l have a few cases as well

l dont know if there is any truth about the Qld gun shops shutting down, they are still online :unknown:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Strangedog » 28 Mar 2020, 7:03 pm

JimTom wrote:Any truth to the rumour that QLD gun shops now close too?

I've heard it. One of my local shops is opening tomorrow cause they are worried N.S.W will be next. Good on em. :drinks:
Strangedog
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Stix » 28 Mar 2020, 7:18 pm

JimTom wrote:Any truth to the rumour that QLD gun shops now close too?

Don’t think I will Waste anymore time on this thread. Offer some content inline with the thread title, and it keeps getting hijacked with rubbish. This whole forum seems to be heading the same way.

There is another thread someone started about it Qld shops today mate...have a look down the page.

As for the other...i get ya...although im visibly at least partly to blame...ive tried too...!!
Thats why i started another thread with this virus in the title...a kind of a hint if you will...but no one got it... :unknown:

It was funny that i got "told off" by someone for starting a new thread & told to stay in the other one...i think they may have been guilty themselves of posting no topic related stuff in the post we tried to continually correct...the reason for me starting the thread in the first place...just had a little giggle to myself...

It would be good to have some active moderation around that...it seems the only moderating done here is someone dobs, & people get warned & kicked off...
If we could have some threads chopped, mixed topic diverted to appropriate threads it would be good, but to actually type those specifics into a message, & hope it gets understood & corrctly acted on is just so time consuming its silly.

Anyway...im still thinking of a fish thread in the varminting section...mite catch a carp, jam it on a stick & shoot it at 400...that'll cover the relevance criteria, not to mention offer a little entertainment through the scope...

Anyway...gun shops...

Well i panic bought heaps of bullets & a few primers...but dont have enough powder to cover them...lol...

But i should be right for year atleast--unless i want to try different bullets... :)

:drinks:
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by trekin » 28 Mar 2020, 7:39 pm

Stix wrote:PEC...you should be banging at the WA Govt for what they've done to gun shops my friend...that is demonstrating the very behaviour of what you are implying.

As for lock down...the fact is, what ive experienced out there, unfortunately we just about need it.
Im finding the bulk of people are ignorant, arrogant, self righteous, completely lacking spacial & self awareness, not to mention the most obvious, respect for others & blatant greed,

As usual its these types that are the cause of the extreme "tyranny" as you put it, in terms of lockdown.
Trekkin is right, we have a right to defend our lives against this idiocy that seems to rule many.
If you call that the beginning of complete oppression, so be it....But some others of us might just call it stopping the ignorant from treading on my bloody feet at a checkout & breathing in my face.

Im with Trekkin...ill defend it too...!!...& i dont care that the bible calls me a tyrant...to suggest such a thing is just funny stuff...

S, I think he might be confusing the bible with Mein Kopf.
I first thought this comment by him “These subhumans must die to save our people”. was in reference to the poor buggers coming into Aus and being put into compulsory isolation, but after reading his replies to mine and others comments, now I firmly believe he is referring to the weak, elderly and most at risk.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic - General conversation