Ukraine war

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Ukraine war

Post by Billo » 16 Oct 2024, 10:24 pm

Good news for Ukraine, Australia will be giving 49 Abram M1A1 tanks to help. The Yanks had already donated 30 odd Abram tanks so they should be pounding Russian troops quite quickly
22lr, 17 WSM, 20 Hornady Hornet, 6mm ARC, 6.5 PRC, 270 Win, 7mm-08, 308 Win, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 44 Magnum, 500 S&W
Billo
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by straightshooter » 17 Oct 2024, 6:23 am

So the old story about aging elephants finding their own way to the elephant's graveyard to die is not a myth after all.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 17 Oct 2024, 6:55 am

Billo wrote:Good news for Ukraine, Australia will be giving 49 Abram M1A1 tanks to help. The Yanks had already donated 30 odd Abram tanks so they should be pounding Russian troops quite quickly

Yes, finally a bit of common sense.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
A bit more bang is better.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 17 Oct 2024, 8:34 am

Oldbloke wrote:
Billo wrote:Good news for Ukraine, Australia will be giving 49 Abram M1A1 tanks to help. The Yanks had already donated 30 odd Abram tanks so they should be pounding Russian troops quite quickly

We didn't need them anyway like the 2 dozen bushmasters.

This conflict was lost 2 years ago.
mchughcb
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 17 Oct 2024, 8:35 am

straightshooter wrote:So the old story about aging elephants finding their own way to the elephant's graveyard to die is not a myth after all.

Graveyard for a lot of things. The main thing is albo bought a $4M mansion. Politics never paid so well.
mchughcb
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Victoria

Post by Billo » 17 Oct 2024, 9:14 am

mchughcb wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:

I agree, once Russia crossed over a sovereign border and attacked Ukraine Putin had already lost the war

What a miscalculation his Nazi hunt has turned out be :crazy:

Maybe if you had worked hard for 40yrs and bought the right investments you too could afford a $4M place with your partner, don't be that lazy jealous guy chuck
22lr, 17 WSM, 20 Hornady Hornet, 6mm ARC, 6.5 PRC, 270 Win, 7mm-08, 308 Win, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 44 Magnum, 500 S&W
Billo
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Wapiti » 17 Oct 2024, 10:02 am

Oldbloke wrote:

Yep, sure beats burying them in pits underground like everything else lately, I guess.
Might as well see them blown to bits in Ukraine, unfortunately after we spend even more $$,$$$,$$$ shipping them over there whilst more and more Aussies live in tents and cars whilst the pollies buy yet another investment/holiday home.
And the above's got SFA to do with jealously, it's about hypocrisy.
Wapiti
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Billo » 17 Oct 2024, 10:19 am

That freedom you enjoy Wapiti cost lives and money
Billo
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Larry » 17 Oct 2024, 4:03 pm

It could also be called field testing. Hopefully all feedback is taken and improvements made.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by Wapiti » 18 Oct 2024, 7:14 am

Billo wrote:That freedom you enjoy Wapiti cost lives and money

And I completely agree with you there.

It is however, a crime to see governments jump on the facade of jumping on the bandwagon of international support for so many causes, when completely mismanaging and lying about the needs at home.

Perhaps things could have been coexisting if Australians actually voted only for politicians with proven leadership ability.
Wapiti
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by mchughcb » 18 Oct 2024, 8:22 am

Billo wrote:
mchughcb wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:

I agree, once Russia crossed over a sovereign border and attacked Ukraine Putin had already lost the war

What a miscalculation his Nazi hunt has turned out be :crazy:

Maybe if you had worked hard for 40yrs and bought the right investments you too could afford a $4M place with your partner, don't be that lazy jealous guy chuck

Mwaaaaha . Maybe I have and maybe I'm not.

Conflict is lost and Australia gifting 50 tanks will make no difference to outcome. Zelensky is threatening NATO membership or they build nukes and use them. Tanks mean SFA.
mchughcb
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Victoria

Post by Larry » 18 Oct 2024, 1:59 pm

Wapiti wrote:Perhaps things could have been coexisting if Australians actually voted only for politicians with proven leadership ability.

At least we haven't sunk to MTG or Boebert levels as yet although there are a few that spring to mind that were close at times.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by Billo » 18 Oct 2024, 4:35 pm

Chuck it would appear Russian control of Crimea is starting to crack, 100000 Russian squatters have recently decamped and supplies for the 60K troops is getting more difficult to get thru

Ukraine seems to be heading into winter in a better position than last Xmas

Nth Korea troops on the ground is bad for Putin,
Billo
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 18 Oct 2024, 4:51 pm

Trump is the loser. Obviously being manipulated by Putin the mass murderer.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 720547007/
Last edited by Oldbloke on 18 Oct 2024, 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 18 Oct 2024, 5:07 pm

Yeah this is all Trumps fault.
Ukraine is winning
Biden has all his marbles

I make sure of my weekly dose of Tautology by reading this thread.
mchughcb
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 18 Oct 2024, 5:14 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Trump is the loser. Obviously being manipulated by Putin the mass murderer.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Bugman » 18 Oct 2024, 5:57 pm

mchughcb wrote:Yeah this is all Trumps fault.
Ukraine is winning

You do realise that your weekly dose of tautology includes the diatribe you submit.....don't you?
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Larry » 19 Oct 2024, 9:38 am

This is a very Ukraine biased site it reports the truth but only the good stuff. It does show that there are two side to every story. Is this the end result of mchughcb Russian big attack of a few days ago.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by Billo » 19 Oct 2024, 11:56 am

Larry go back in time, Ukraine has been winning the day they took out Putins special forces and drove his army back away from Kiev.

I'm a realist and this is a war that will last many more year, it's going to be a grind but there is no option but support of Ukraine.

Hand your guns in if you think otherwiae
Billo
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Peter988 » 19 Oct 2024, 4:32 pm

The paper today is suggesting that North Korea is sending 10000 troops.
Peter988
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 19 Oct 2024, 4:48 pm

Peter988 wrote:The paper today is suggesting that North Korea is sending 10000 troops.

Just earlier ABC announced its happening.

Stating the obvious could result in a huge escalation.

Edit:
BBC say its already happening.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c3vkqwe9wwdo
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Larry » 19 Oct 2024, 4:58 pm

Its escalation for sure but how will the west respond. I doubt they would want to commit troupes. If they provide any other support like air defense and or attack. then it is all out world war.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by Oldbloke » 19 Oct 2024, 5:17 pm

Larry wrote:Its escalation for sure but how will the west respond. I doubt they would want to commit troupes. If they provide any other support like air defense and or attack. then it is all out world war.

Agree, but letting putin take ukrain in this way will be a repeat of Nazis annexing Austria in march 1938. ( they have already annexed crimea, part of Ukraine.) When the West didn't act decisively hitler felt emboldened. Resulting in further aggression and invading poland. This resulted in WWII.
That's why it's sooo, important for the west to suport Ukraine.

Should the west wait until he takes all of ukrain or perhaps poland before they act in a decisive way? I think not.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Billo » 19 Oct 2024, 6:45 pm

Larry wrote:Its escalation for sure but how will the west respond. I doubt they would want to commit troupes. If they provide any other support like air defense and or attack. then it is all out world war.

So North Korean Troops on the ground in Ukraine would indicate Trump is panicking, sorry Putin is panicking with Kamala a shoe in in only 18 days.
Billo
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 19 Oct 2024, 6:57 pm

Billo wrote:

So North Korean Troops on the ground in Ukraine would indicate Trump is panicking, sorry Putin is panicking with Kamala a shoe in in only 18 days.

Yes, I think its a sign of him panicking or:

that losses have been much higher than reported.
Or
there is pressure internally finnish it.
Or
Russia is running out of steam.

:unknown:

In any case, I think he has just guaranteed that Ukraine will be authorised to use the long range rockets to hit inside Russia.
And NATO countries close to the action will boost assistance to Ukraine.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Wyliecoyote » 19 Oct 2024, 10:02 pm

After Sepetember 11 Russia offered and did assist the US in its crusades against the muslim threat. Then shortly after came whispers that Ukraine and Georgia are to be allowed to join NATO. Then in 2008 NATO announces just that. So prior to this announcement Putin takes this as a personal rebuke and then quickly undermines the US by assisting and selling arms to the muslim hoards. Tit for tat with possibly good reason. Georgia has been smart enough to side with Russia and till this point has ecaped Putins armies further movement since part of the country was invaded in 2008. Funny that.

Over this time oligarchs grew rich from selling assets and dealing with the west or anyone while they lived anywhere but in Ukraine, Georgia or Russia. Then to protect their interests some of them collude and have that clown Zelenskyy installed as president. His net worth is a topic of interest where we will most likely never know but either way i reckon Zelenskyy's days are numbered with the question being by who's hand? None of these people play by Queensberry's rules.

In 2014 Putin invades Crimea (Ukraine) as Sevastapol is the only warm water port Russia has and where Putin owns the gas pipelines leaving the Black sea into Europe which were sabotaged by ?? a couple of years ago. Somewhere in amongst all this you have the Clintons who Putin knows shafted him after 911, and the Bidens and most probably the Obamas all growing rich doing deals in Ukraine.
So this is how i see it. Putin is in some way wanting to either leave a legacy to his name by Nazi hunting, a legacy of Ukraine's betrayal in WW2, or there to protect his imense wealth of oil and gas. Probably a lot of both, but nonetheless he clearly said he didn't want NATO on his doorstep or blocking his fleets or movement North, West or South. So he firstly invades Georgia, then Crimea that immediately starts a war with Ukraine that is now in its tenth year. The oligarchs are no longer getting rich(er) so as they do best they call on Hillary and Biden senior and later junior because if Putin succeeds in controlling Ukraine the cash dries up, or more likely ends up in Putins account. So while the encroachment goes on in Ukraine, a whole raft of oligarchs die of poisoning, suicide out of windows or plane crashes in parts of Europe and the UK. Many of whom plundered the riches Russia should have had. Putin is already painted as the bad guy, which he most definitely is, so now we que in Hillary's vitriol as seen by the world when she was SOS because she either saw him as a world threat to peace being the US patriot she is, or a threat to the Clinton Foundation because her contacts are being killed off one by one. Biden sends in dumdum son to sit on a board of what company?? to protect his and others little racket during the Obama reign.
So whether Putin is the megalomaniac he is painted as or just a patriot that wants to regain Russia's former glory is debatable. He most definitely is the oligarch of oligarchs and a murderer of many who are just as bad or worse than he is.
I see Zelenskyy as a carbetbagger threatening to disclose sensitive information about the US administration present and past in exchange for military aide, usually money that seems to just disappear or partially appear. The oligarchs, those still living in a cave somewhere, are pulling the little rodents strings because if Putin takes control they may as well do the cyanide pill thing now.
Australia sending him tanks and Bushmasters about sums up the government we have. Putin will never invade beyond Ukraine or Crimea but the media wants us to think he will. Putin says he endorses Kameltoe but i believe he wants Trumpster to win because Ukraine aide stops on Jan 22 2025. Saying he supports Trump reignites the 2016 Steel dossier and Russian collusion theme all over again and Trump most definitely loses. That is the reason i think the Dems keep harping on about Trumps " deals and friendship" with Putin.
There is no free ride here and that aide given will come at a cost because when or if they could defeat Russia, the US will want a return on their investment. Trump gets in and that evaporates where many US investors miss out. Australia either way will get zip. A Trump administration means Zelenskyy, the Bidens, the Clintons and possibly Barry and Michael are all screwed because Trump has clearly stated he will expose their little deals in the region. Trump brags he will stop the war in Ukraine and possibly could because with no aide Putin just rolls in.

I said to friends a year ago that I see a bullet for Trump before Nov 25 as there is way too much at stake for evil people without scruple. There is so much money involved here and so much dirt to be uncovered. That is why the Dems and some Republicans want Trump to fail.
Wyliecoyote
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by mchughcb » 20 Oct 2024, 6:17 am

Bugman wrote:
mchughcb wrote:Yeah this is all Trumps fault.
Ukraine is winning

You do realise that your weekly dose of tautology includes the diatribe you submit.....don't you?

Ah yes I'm full of it.
Ukraine is winning.
The conflict only started in 2022.
Biden will defeat Trump
Dan Andrews saved us

Think I got the message.
mchughcb
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Victoria

Post by Wapiti » 20 Oct 2024, 7:53 am

Wyliecoyote wrote:"All the rest of this brilliant summation of Wyliecoyote's edited out for space"
I said to friends a year ago that I see a bullet for Trump before Nov 25 as there is way too much at stake for evil people without scruple. There is so much money involved here and so much dirt to be uncovered. That is why the Dems and some Republicans want Trump to fail.

Mate I reckon that's a pretty well-explained summation.
I am still amazed at the fact Zelensky's still breathing, quite frankly.

Not trying to tell you blokes what to do but this sniping at one another about personal opinions about this very complicated political competition between evil and egos is a shame, especially because of the either corrupted and/or uninformed media influencing this whole "war".
I can see how the media's attempts at smokescreening this affair deliberately seeks to protect the interests of the swamp creatures desperate to keep ballooning their wealth and power is certainly working.
Wapiti
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by straightshooter » 20 Oct 2024, 9:28 am

mchughcb wrote:The main thing is albo bought a $4M mansion. Politics never paid so well.

That's a bit harsh and reeks of trying to stir up indignation.
You must believe that all Laber Prime Ministers, as do Liberal Prime Ministers, enter Parliament to do good.
It is just a happenstance that some do very well thankyou!
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by mchughcb » 20 Oct 2024, 10:02 am

straightshooter wrote:
mchughcb wrote:The main thing is albo bought a $4M mansion. Politics never paid so well.

That's a bit harsh and reeks of trying to stir up indignation.
You must believe that all Laber Prime Ministers, as do Liberal Prime Ministers, enter Parliament to do good.
It is just a happenstance that some do very well thankyou!

Not really, his own Labor pundits are saying now was not the time when the cost of living and housing crisis are the biggest ticket items going into the next election. The optics are bad.
mchughcb
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Victoria

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic - General conversation