Dog breed?

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Dog breed?

Post by Bent Arrow » 28 Aug 2018, 9:27 pm

I know it’s always more guess than anything else, but anyone got any clues what breeds this pup might have blended into it?
Attachments
_20180828_205038.JPG
_20180828_205038.JPG (801.51 KiB) Viewed 3927 times
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Re: Dog breed?

Post by Midol » 28 Aug 2018, 9:35 pm

Can you give a side on shot?

Age?

Looks pure Malinois to me. It's a protection dog.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malinois_dog
Midol
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Bent Arrow » 28 Aug 2018, 9:50 pm

Nahh, it's the only photo I've got.
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Die Judicii » 28 Aug 2018, 10:02 pm

Kelpie X Shepard ?
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Stix » 28 Aug 2018, 11:08 pm

:unknown:

Gees...my best guess is that a hard up Jack Russell got hold of & had its way with a Fruit Bat... :huh:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Jon79 » 29 Aug 2018, 12:34 am

Stix wrote::unknown:

Gees...my best guess is that a hard up Jack Russell got hold of & had its way with a Fruit Bat... :huh:

:clap: :lol:
Jon79
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Gwion » 29 Aug 2018, 3:52 pm

Pure bred mongrel. Just like my dogs. Same same but different.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by YoungBuck » 29 Aug 2018, 4:45 pm

Hard without more photos, but my guess on that one would be Boxer X German Shep.
It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards, Tannen, and it's pointed straight at your head!
YoungBuck
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Stix » 29 Aug 2018, 5:50 pm

YoungBuck wrote:Hard without more photos, but my guess on that one would be Boxer X German Shep.

That was my first thought too :thumbsup: ...but it looks too small for a boxer--it looks young, but id assume it to look bigger.
Maybe Shephard with boxer/bitsa...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Bent Arrow » 29 Aug 2018, 7:21 pm

Hmmm, back story is I found it wandering around in the bush. Because it had a collar I took it into the local Council, it does not have a PIT. They've held it for the obligatory period, no ones claimed it, so they've offered it up to me before they send it off to AWL shelter. I need to decide if I want it or not......I certainly don't "need" as I've already got a great lab.......hmmmm
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by JSS » 29 Aug 2018, 8:28 pm

Bent Arrow wrote:Hmmm, back story is I found it wandering around in the bush. Because it had a collar I took it into the local Council, it does not have a PIT. They've held it for the obligatory period, no ones claimed it, so they've offered it up to me before they send it off to AWL shelter. I need to decide if I want it or not......I certainly don't "need" as I've already got a great lab.......hmmmm

It's too much of an oddball looking thing not to keep, you've gotta do it. Besides, any Jack Russel fruit bat cross breed is bound to have a big personality!! :drinks:
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 29 Aug 2018, 8:57 pm

Great lab.... hmm what does it look like, is it like a labrador but bigger... just like a Great Dane
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Stix » 29 Aug 2018, 9:21 pm

Ziad wrote:Great lab.... hmm what does it look like, is it like a labrador but bigger... just like a Great Dane

:lol:
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 29 Aug 2018, 9:29 pm

Bent Arrow wrote:Hmmm, back story is I found it wandering around in the bush. Because it had a collar I took it into the local Council, it does not have a PIT. They've held it for the obligatory period, no ones claimed it, so they've offered it up to me before they send it off to AWL shelter. I need to decide if I want it or not......I certainly don't "need" as I've already got a great lab.......hmmmm

So is that you in the pic BA...?

If its a reasonable personality, its yours...!!!
If thats you, it looks happy with you...!!

A happy dog is a blessing in a mans life, even if he already has a best mate...

What if no one wants it because of its looks & it gets put down...?
What if someone gets it because it looks kooky & they abuse/neglect/mistreat it...?

Its fate...that dog needs you BA...you've probably saved its life...it will repay you in some way...!!! :thumbsup:
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 06 Sep 2018, 12:08 pm

So you going to let us know what you did/ what happened to the dog...? :unknown:
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Bent Arrow » 06 Sep 2018, 6:38 pm

Stix wrote:So you going to let us know what you did/ what happened to the dog...? :unknown:

Well let's just say it’s your fault I now have two dogs.

It's looking very might like he's a chance to turn out to be a good dog...... Providing he stays in my yard.

A very quick learner, good with the kids and my other dog, good with food, good on the lead, super alert and switched on. Cautious with people. Has made himself a home in a bean bag at the back door under my study windows where there is no chance of missing out on a pat. Vet reckons he's about 4 months old.......…
_20180906_180721.JPG
_20180906_180721.JPG (469.41 KiB) Viewed 3722 times
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Gaznazdiak » 06 Sep 2018, 6:45 pm

He's a beautiful boy, looks like a bit of Staffy lurking in his DNA.
Good on you for giving him a home.

Dogs are my favourite people, never met one I didn't like.

:thumbsup:
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by JSS » 06 Sep 2018, 7:15 pm

Nice one BA, you've done a good deed and it sounds like he's a little ripper, so you've both won :drinks:
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Stix » 06 Sep 2018, 7:39 pm

I think you did the right thing... :thumbsup:

Dogs are more often than not worthy of a second, if not third chance...!!!

:clap:

Post an update here n there eh... :thumbsup:
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Return to Off topic - General conversation