something we all should think about

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

something we all should think about

Post by marksman » 16 Sep 2018, 7:13 pm

as I said in the heading I believe this is something we should all think about and get behind
http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/who-cares/10243888
the story is about our Australian aged care system and how it is run
today the government came out with that they are going to have a royal commission about it, the day before this is airing :shock:
Scott Morrison is giving back the funds he as treasurer took from the aged care system
but IMHO I think all sides of politics are to blame for the state of it
Deryn Hinch came out today saying its about time someone listened to what he has been saying as he has wanted this looked at for a while
anyway I do think it would be worth watching :thumbsup:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Re: something we all should think about

Post by Stix » 17 Sep 2018, 10:55 am

The entire system is a fukn rort...!!!

Its just set up in such a manner that encourages unscrupulous, greedy & corrupt behaviour, with absolutely NO checks n balances in place to ensure the aged get their monies worth & the dignity & respect they deserve. :x

Such a capitalistic greedy money grab...

I honestly dont know whats happened to this country...the way with which things are administered in this dsy & age beggers belief. :wtf: :unknown:

Shame on this country's govt's for allowing such a system...!!!
And (to a large degree) shame on us as a society for letting it happen...!!!

No doubt untold amounts of wasted money will be spent on this investigation, some bandaid regs put in place & things will go on largely as they are because if things changed for the better it would 'offend' the unscrupulous perpetrators...& we cant have that...!!

Call me Hinch if you like...but i say shame...shame...shame...!!

& i say bring back public stonings for those unscrupulous types who completely disregard & abuse the elderly just to get a buck...!!!

You're dead right marksman :thumbsup: we should all get behind this & make something happen...!! :clap:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 17 Sep 2018, 11:00 am

Stix wrote:The entire system is a fukn rort...!!!

Its just set up in such a manner that encourages unscrupulous, greedy & corrupt behaviour, with absolutely NO checks n balances in place to ensure the aged get their monies worth & the dignity & respect they deserve. :x

Such a capitalistic greedy money grab...

I honestly dont know whats happened to this country...the way with which things are administered in this dsy & age beggers belief. :wtf: :unknown:

Shame on this country's govt's for allowing such a system...!!!
And (to a large degree) shame on us as a society for letting it happen...!!!

No doubt untold amounts of wasted money will be spent on this investigation, some bandaid regs put in place & things will go on largely as they are because if things changed for the better it would 'offend' the unscrupulous perpetrators...& we cant have that...!!

Call me Hinch if you like...but i say shame...shame...shame...!!

& i say bring back public stonings for those unscrupulous types who completely disregard & abuse the elderly just to get a buck...!!!

You're dead right marksman :thumbsup: we should all get behind this & make something happen...!! :clap:

Agree 100% Been going through it for past 18 months. They won't even tell you what happens when you mother gets hurt. No reports, nothing. And nothing you can do about it.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Stix » 17 Sep 2018, 1:36 pm

Sorry to hear it OB...!

They are all scoundels...!!

A mate of mine went hardball at the mob "looking after" his mother...
He & his family was having to do all this extra work that the aged care were supposed to be doing...

He found out they were claiming this money from the govt for services & keeping it--he threatened them with a bribe for half if the money & it nearly worked...!! (Fukn dirty Pigs.!!..they had nearly 10k banked for time & services not done!!!)

He since switched providers & now contracts himself out to get paid for the work.

Although he caught this mob out & reported the corruption there is no consequences--apparently its all too common.
They got to keep 6k for "admin puropses"... :shock:

It really is an utter fukn discrace on this country...!!!

It will be interesting to see how deep this abc report gets...!!
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Member-Deleted » 17 Sep 2018, 3:28 pm

It will be interesting to see if there is any prosecutions after the Royal Commission or is the Government just
blowing their pipes as usual
These elderly people deserve respect and to be treated with respect these parasites that don't treat them that way
and also rip them off should be prosecuted and to the full letter of the law
Pretty much what Stix said and damn sad to think Australians have lowered themselves to that level
Member-Deleted

Post by marksman » 17 Sep 2018, 5:07 pm

there's a heap more about the mess that isn't on the show but it has already got so much attention and has not even aired yet
they already have government measures in place to make sure things are done right, they work very well don't you think :shock: :wtf:
it like other entities are corrupted by government funding meant to help people but is misused
the fox has been guarding the hen house for way to long :thumbsup:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 17 Sep 2018, 9:14 pm

Talking about greedy....the disability support system is a big con a lot of the time. Having a kid that needs some help. Unless you have government funding or ndis none of the providers want to talk to you. Then guy find out that these specialty not for profit organizations pay their employees like OTs minimum but charge the government $180 per hour. Sho likely $150 soon is used for admin costs. I know the dept of health expect 30-35% admin costs as the norm.... which I think is rather high as well
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by No1_49er » 17 Sep 2018, 9:21 pm

It's all about the money.
No ethics.
No morals.
Just money grabbing ba----ds.
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 17 Sep 2018, 9:42 pm

No1_49er wrote:It's all about the money.
No ethics.
No morals.

Correct. Just big business doing what they do.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Stix » 17 Sep 2018, 10:07 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
No1_49er wrote:It's all about the money.
No ethics.
No morals.

Correct. Just big business doing what they do.

It goes further than that OB...

I know an investor in the nursing home biz, & they laugh at the system...its a gamble with huge winning odds & no losses if you can get in..!!

It also goes to the small business mobs that provide services in home...

New providers are popping up everywhere since the regs changed...

That friend i mentioned earlier who caught their provider with 10k banked on "future services", is only one person/"client"..imagine all of them put together.... :unknown: :crazy:
Thats basic doing dishes, mowing lawns & sitting talking to a lady a few hours a week... (WTF)...& as i said the care provider were able to keep the greater percentage for "admin fees" for services NOT provided...

I also know someone who's been IN the industry for eeyons, & the amount of tax payer funded money handed out to the industry that is actually used productively-ie; that gets to the end user is a very small percentage...

Its a rort--it makes Krudd's insulation debacle look like a god sent text book administration model :crazy:
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Daddybang » 18 Sep 2018, 6:58 am

My mum in law works in aged homecare and the company she works for has been forcing the elderly to sign over there homes /properties to pay for services... A 750k property for a couple of years (in some cases not that long) of pretty basic care. When she queried it her position was threatened!!
The whole f@#ken system is an absolute F@#ken Disgrace and its been allowed to go on thru successive fed govts.;!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by marksman » 18 Sep 2018, 10:31 am

Daddybang wrote:My mum in law works in aged homecare and the company she works for has been forcing the elderly to sign over there homes /properties to pay for services... A 750k property for a couple of years (in some cases not that long) of pretty basic care. When she queried it her position was threatened!!
The whole f@#ken system is an absolute F@#ken Disgrace and its been allowed to go on thru successive fed govts.;!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :drinks:

the rorting has been going on for a long time Daddybang, enabled from all sides of politics, there's a heap worse than has been said so far,
after watching the show I recon they have just put the bait out I think next week after the CEO and government have shot themselves in the foot the show will destroy them with the hard evidence that Scott Morrison is asking for to make sure this is ongoing and not just isolated incidences before he will act,
(what a slap in the face to the elderly that are abused), and a disgrace but the people put in place to make sure the standards were met have let everyone down, the show had thousands of PC's and nurses willing to share there story's but only a handfull would go on the show,
its not that the people who wouldn't go on the show are bad in any way its the system,
they are afraid for there jobs and there family's future, they don't like it but they need there job and feel helpless :thumbsdown:
one thing I have found insulting that has not come out, yet, is the saying that ozzies wont work, that these company's cant get ozzie workers so they get government funding to use people from over seas on employer sponsored visas so the company owns these peoples arse's,
these people cant talk or there visa is gone, at the end of it they get citizenship but they have to work for these company's for 5 years before,
what company would not want free government funded workers :unknown:
I especially felt for the poor old deaf and blind lady on the show that the PC's did not communicate with that lived the last of her life miserably, she was hungry and thirsty all the time because she did not know when the PC's were there or not,
living out the last days of her life holding her drinking cup so someone might fill it up for her
PC's need better training eg. they do not have to know the aged care standards only have to know where the book is?
so how do the PC's know when they are doing the wrong thing? :unknown: and not everyone has empathy or compassion, its not for everyone
throwing more money at it wont fix it, if they throw more unskilled PC's at it wont fix it, plenty do rort the elderly already eg. no showering the residents but writing down you did, not feeding the residents because they are not quick enough to eat or feeding them to fast and choking them
its systematic abuse that's what it is :thumbsdown:

anyway there's plenty more to come out, lets hope it's handled in the right way :drinks:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by marksman » 24 Sep 2018, 6:02 pm

just a bump to let everyone know that the second part is on tonight :thumbsup:
the first part looks to have really set the cat amongst the pigeons, lots more to come out tonight :drinks:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by No1_49er » 24 Sep 2018, 9:08 pm

Care?
Of course they care.
About the money!
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 24 Sep 2018, 9:52 pm

Watched the second part tonight '' F@%KIN DISCRACEFUL'' how low can people go
SHAME on the government for letting this continue
Last night I watched a program 60 minutes I think and a doctor could be facing jail for helping a terminally ill patient to die
the doctor was asked by the patient to help her die when the time come
And yet these bastards in the old peoples homes can cause so much harm to the elderly and '' BE PROTECTED'' by the authorities
Workers threatened with dismissal if they go against the grain
My opinion heads should roll and go right to the very top
Member-Deleted

Post by Stix » 07 Oct 2019, 10:09 pm

Was back on Q & A tonight...

Gotta love good ol' Maggie...!!!

Whoops...sorry Maggie... :oops:

I meant young Maggie with a young heart...!!... :D
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Return to Off topic - General conversation