One for the serious collector

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

One for the serious collector

Post by Chappo » 25 Sep 2018, 11:03 am

2_x_no_4_mk11_303_rifles_new_unwrapped_still_in_paper.html

Noone will ever see them.
As whoever decides to open the packaging will devalue them.
Interesting though.....
Chappo
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Re: One for the serious collector

Post by Chappo » 25 Sep 2018, 11:05 am

Seems i dont know how to post links.
Ozgunsales. 2 new smle 303,s in unopened packaging.
Chappo
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Gaznazdiak » 25 Sep 2018, 12:40 pm

Chappo wrote:Seems i dont know how to post links.
Ozgunsales. 2 new smle 303,s in unopened packaging.

If you are on a phone the share button usually has a copy link to clipboard option, if you're on a computer, just highlight the url and copy it to clipboard, then you just paste into the comment pane on here.
:drinks:
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 25 Sep 2018, 1:52 pm

Chappo wrote:2_x_no_4_mk11_303_rifles_new_unwrapped_still_in_paper.html

Noone will ever see them.
As whoever decides to open the packaging will devalue them.
Interesting though.....

If I were going to spend that much I'd want to know exactly what is in the wrap and what condition it's in.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Supaduke » 25 Sep 2018, 4:11 pm

Personally, have no interest in these sort of guns. You want that sort of investment, buy gold. Guns are for shooting. Good for bragging rights only, but if no one can see them or shoot them......waste of fkn money. :)
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Noisydad » 25 Sep 2018, 4:36 pm

Supa nailed it! They were made for shootin!
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by duncan61 » 25 Sep 2018, 6:27 pm

I think mint in package applies to toys you can see in the box.I would be unwrapping cleaning and shooting
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Wombat » 25 Sep 2018, 6:46 pm

I'd like to hear the conversation when the buyer has a safe inspection and the police want to verify the serial numbers........
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Stix » 25 Sep 2018, 6:54 pm

Supaduke wrote:Personally, have no interest in these sort of guns. You want that sort of investment, buy gold. Guns are for shooting. Good for bragging rights only, but if no one can see them or shoot them......waste of fkn money. :)

Noisydad wrote:Supa nailed it! They were made for shootin!

HERE HERE...!!!

I know someone who has a few old wini 92's in his safe that he wont let me get my hands on...i let him have it a little while ago, mentioning they are made to shoot, & better someone get use out of them than they rust away locked in a safe for the last 50 plus years...I also added that a few shots out of them will likely do them good, but certainly wont do them any harm...!!

Some people... :roll:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 25 Sep 2018, 7:08 pm

Stix wrote:
Supaduke wrote:Personally, have no interest in these sort of guns. You want that sort of investment, buy gold. Guns are for shooting. Good for bragging rights only, but if no one can see them or shoot them......waste of fkn money. :)

Noisydad wrote:Supa nailed it! They were made for shootin!

HERE HERE...!!!

I know someone who has a few old wini 92's in his safe that he wont let me get my hands on...i let him have it a little while ago, mentioning they are made to shoot, & better someone get use out of them than they rust away locked in a safe for the last 50 plus years...I also added that a few shots out of them will likely do them good, but certainly wont do them any harm...!!

Some people... :roll:

depends on what floats ya boat i guess. i started to buy a few "collector" rifles that were nice old peices , but after the glow of having a new toy wore off, i thought OK, what the f@#k am i actually going to use this for ? being a bit OCD , being practicle as well shone through. and the money :roll: . i still have some nice old school rifles, but their ones that i use as well. these enfeilds are unique , but not for me :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by No1Mk3 » 25 Sep 2018, 7:46 pm

Wombat wrote:I'd like to hear the conversation when the buyer has a safe inspection and the police want to verify the serial numbers........
Serial number is on the tag, an accepted method of showing the number allocated to that rifle. It is permitted to open enough wrapping to view the serial, however, without affecting the value. This pair include their wrapped No4 bayonets as well which are selling for $80 to &100 each, but even so I know of another pair of wrapped consecutive rifles on sale for $5000, No good to me as, like others here, I need to shoot my collection. Having said that, I do have an unfired Colt Storekeeper SAA in 45LC, hasn't even had the cylinder turned. It must sell soon as the mental anguish I go through seeing and knowing I have 45LC ammo in the cupboard is enormous! Cheers
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 25 Sep 2018, 7:57 pm

No1Mk3 wrote:I do have an unfired Colt Storekeeper SAA in 45LC, hasn't even had the cylinder turned. It must sell soon as the mental anguish I go through seeing and knowing I have 45LC ammo in the cupboard is enormous! Cheers

Saw this one just the other day.
Attachments
Colt storekeeper.JPG
Colt storekeeper.JPG (79.43 KiB) Viewed 2477 times
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 26 Sep 2018, 5:04 am

G'day bladeracer, that is item 1 of a 5 pistol set, I have item 5 of the same set. The 2 others from that set were sold by Thurley before he passed away and sadly his Mrs destroyed all his records before I could find out where they went! Item 3 was sold at auction last year for $2000, a bit more than I could pay at the time.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Return to Off topic - General conversation