tikka t3 bolt blow up

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

tikka t3 bolt blow up

Post by bigrich » 07 Oct 2018, 7:24 am

hey fellas, i have a cautionary tale to tell about safety. i was at ripley SSAA range yesterday , playing with 222 reloads and 22lr's, when a group of fellas set up on the bench next to me. the first shot one fella fired made my right ear ring even through my ear muffs. i've been on a bench next to muzzle braked 300 win mags and this was louder. the sideways blast from a muzzle brake is good at keeping the horseflies away in the summer but. :lol: i looked over and he's looking through the scope at his target, i went back to my next shot, then KABOOM ! horrendous noise next to me ! i look over and old mate's got his hand on his face and theirs blood coming out between his fingers.everybody's scrambled to help him.after a brief sit down, he's walked up to the washroom under his own steam , staff got onto it.he ended up being ok, no ambulance,a few bandaids but . though i was told he had some small shrapnel in his face. while that's going on , another old shooter and me are back at the benches thinking the reloads he was shooting might have been overloaded.the firing pin and bottom of the magazine were resting on the bench and the bolt handle was four meters in front of the bench. two reload boxes, old mate's looking at them. one fired case back in the reload box. 308 win. two shots fired. the rifle was a tikka t3 chambered in 270 win :o the long chambered 270 must have accepted the shorter 308 and the bigger bullet down a smaller bore caused a big issue. both the reload boxes were the same colour , no markings. i write on the out side of mine in permanant marker what rifle the ammo's for. i was thinking about this later, i own two 6.5x55 rifles, own sporter barrel , one millitary barrel, different overall seating lengths . i think i might invest in a different colour ammo box as well as writing on the outside of it. i don't want any mix ups and a over preasure from a projectile being seated on the lands . i reckon someone had a lucky escape :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Re: tikka t3 bolt blow up

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 07 Oct 2018, 7:53 am

Frack

I got a 308 and 6.5, but still try and keep my reloads in separate boxes.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by JimTom » 07 Oct 2018, 8:05 am

Mate I keep mine in different coloured boxes as well.
I have heard of a few instances where the wrong ammunition was fired out of the wrong rifle.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 07 Oct 2018, 8:07 am

Ziad wrote:Frack

I got a 308 and 6.5, but still try and keep my reloads in separate boxes.

the reloads were in seperate boxes, but the boxes were exactly the same with no markings that i could see . i remember reading about when old mausers were being reamed to 8mm o6 , back in the day and mix ups occasionally happened. it's the simple mistakes that'll bite ya :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Stix » 07 Oct 2018, 9:29 am

Sheesh... :wtf:

It can happen...!!
The poor fellow probably feels like a right cock...but at least he's ok...!! :clap:

Did you take any pics rich...?
Id be interested to see the bolt...

Ive heard similar tales...one similar where the guy had to go to hospital to have his cheek stitched back up, but he told the hospital he fell & hit his face on a star dropper.

Another tale was a guys one hole 308 all of a sudden went awal shooting 8 inch groups...after a full strip & rebuild (including scope) someone noticed the holes in the target were made by tumbling bullets, which prompted them to check the head stamp on the brass...that read .243 win :lol:

Not sure how true that tale is...but its funny cos no one got hurt.

We gotta be careful...ill admit complacency has got me with 2 T3's on a bench before...slid the wrong bolt in so round wouldnt chamber.
:oops:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 07 Oct 2018, 9:46 am

I used the 22/250 bolt in the 204 Howa one day, it shot fine, hit the bunny in the head then went to extract the case and nothing, I thought that's odd this things bulletproof as a rule, anyway I went home (only 10mins away) and took the bolt out and looked at it and realised straight away what the problem was, funnily enough I had the 204 bolt in the ammo box so didn't need to go home (only went home cos I didn't have a cleaning rod to push the empty case out. :lol:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by bigrich » 07 Oct 2018, 9:55 am

Stix wrote:Sheesh... :wtf:

It can happen...!!
The poor fellow probably feels like a right cock...but at least he's ok...!! :clap:

Did you take any pics rich...?
Id be interested to see the bolt...

Ive heard similar tales...one similar where the guy had to go to hospital to have his cheek stitched back up, but he told the hospital he fell & hit his face on a star dropper.

Another tale was a guys one hole 308 all of a sudden went awal shooting 8 inch groups...after a full strip & rebuild (including scope) someone noticed the holes in the target were made by tumbling bullets, which prompted them to check the head stamp on the brass...that read .243 win :lol:

Not sure how true that tale is...but its funny cos no one got hurt.

We gotta be careful...ill admit complacency has got me with 2 T3's on a bench before...slid the wrong bolt in so round wouldnt chamber.
:oops:

nah didn't take any pics mate, i didn't want to make too big a deal about it as the guy woulda bin pretty embarrased.as described, there were bits of tikka all over the place ,it made me think about the saftey aspect which is why i've raised this as a topic to keep people on the ball. :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 07 Oct 2018, 12:09 pm

bigrich wrote:hey fellas, i have a cautionary tale to tell about safety. i was at ripley SSAA range yesterday , playing with 222 reloads and 22lr's, when a group of fellas set up on the bench next to me. the first shot one fella fired made my right ear ring even through my ear muffs. i've been on a bench next to muzzle braked 300 win mags and this was louder. the sideways blast from a muzzle brake is good at keeping the horseflies away in the summer but. :lol: i looked over and he's looking through the scope at his target, i went back to my next shot, then KABOOM ! horrendous noise next to me ! i look over and old mate's got his hand on his face and theirs blood coming out between his fingers.everybody's scrambled to help him.after a brief sit down, he's walked up to the washroom under his own steam , staff got onto it.he ended up being ok, no ambulance,a few bandaids but . though i was told he had some small shrapnel in his face. while that's going on , another old shooter and me are back at the benches thinking the reloads he was shooting might have been overloaded.the firing pin and bottom of the magazine were resting on the bench and the bolt handle was four meters in front of the bench. two reload boxes, old mate's looking at them. one fired case back in the reload box. 308 win. two shots fired. the rifle was a tikka t3 chambered in 270 win :o the long chambered 270 must have accepted the shorter 308 and the bigger bullet down a smaller bore caused a big issue. both the reload boxes were the same colour , no markings. i write on the out side of mine in permanant marker what rifle the ammo's for. i was thinking about this later, i own two 6.5x55 rifles, own sporter barrel , one millitary barrel, different overall seating lengths . i think i might invest in a different colour ammo box as well as writing on the outside of it. i don't want any mix ups and a over preasure from a projectile being seated on the lands . i reckon someone had a lucky escape :thumbsup:

Did the first round lodge the bullet in the bore?
I store my ammo in MTM ammo crates, but I keep stuff that can potentially be interchanged separate - like .243 and 7mm-08 don't go in the same crate, .30-06 and 8x57mm don't go in the same crate, .303 and 6.5x54R don't go in the same crate. 6.5x50mm will cycle through the 6.5x55mm just fine so they have to be kept separate too, although I doubt it'd actually be a problem to fire it.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Rod_outbak » 07 Oct 2018, 12:16 pm

This scenario is one of my big fears as well. Where I can, different calibres have different coloured/styles of ammo boxes.

I also label the crap out of my boxes, which is specific for the exact rifle. I have at least 4 calibers where I have multiple firearms chambered in that calibre, so LOTS of labels for which is which.

On Monday last, I had some visitors who like to shoot, and we went out in the ute, with the safari seat set up on the back. They were all good people to shoot with; careful and excessively safety-focused.
The 2 rifles were the 7mm-08 Tikka T3, and the other the Ruger Precision Rifle, in .308.
When we were settign up at the start, I came to realise that IF they were operating both rifles at the same time, we ran the risk of cross-pollination, and I expect the results of a .308 round in the 7mm being just as bad as described above (or likely worse).
So I mandated that we run only 1 rifle at a time, and the ammo for the other be stored away in the lock-box at the back.
I was pleased to see the shooters were very happy with that rule, and that once we changed rifles about mid-morning, the ammo for the other was carefully swapped out and completely replaced in the lock-box..
[Nice to shoot with people that take safety seriously, but then one bloke is navy maintenance, and one bloke air-sea rescue, so that probably helps...]

The story above from bigrich is a timely warning, in my view..
---------------------
Sharing the extreme love with cats in Outback QLD
Rod_outbak
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 07 Oct 2018, 12:47 pm

bladeracer wrote:
bigrich wrote:hey fellas, i have a cautionary tale to tell about safety. i was at ripley SSAA range yesterday , playing with 222 reloads and 22lr's, when a group of fellas set up on the bench next to me. the first shot one fella fired made my right ear ring even through my ear muffs. i've been on a bench next to muzzle braked 300 win mags and this was louder. the sideways blast from a muzzle brake is good at keeping the horseflies away in the summer but. :lol: i looked over and he's looking through the scope at his target, i went back to my next shot, then KABOOM ! horrendous noise next to me ! i look over and old mate's got his hand on his face and theirs blood coming out between his fingers.everybody's scrambled to help him.after a brief sit down, he's walked up to the washroom under his own steam , staff got onto it.he ended up being ok, no ambulance,a few bandaids but . though i was told he had some small shrapnel in his face. while that's going on , another old shooter and me are back at the benches thinking the reloads he was shooting might have been overloaded.the firing pin and bottom of the magazine were resting on the bench and the bolt handle was four meters in front of the bench. two reload boxes, old mate's looking at them. one fired case back in the reload box. 308 win. two shots fired. the rifle was a tikka t3 chambered in 270 win :o the long chambered 270 must have accepted the shorter 308 and the bigger bullet down a smaller bore caused a big issue. both the reload boxes were the same colour , no markings. i write on the out side of mine in permanant marker what rifle the ammo's for. i was thinking about this later, i own two 6.5x55 rifles, own sporter barrel , one millitary barrel, different overall seating lengths . i think i might invest in a different colour ammo box as well as writing on the outside of it. i don't want any mix ups and a over preasure from a projectile being seated on the lands . i reckon someone had a lucky escape :thumbsup:

Did the first round lodge the bullet in the bore?
I store my ammo in MTM ammo crates, but I keep stuff that can potentially be interchanged separate - like .243 and 7mm-08 don't go in the same crate, .30-06 and 8x57mm don't go in the same crate, .303 and 6.5x54R don't go in the same crate. 6.5x50mm will cycle through the 6.5x55mm just fine so they have to be kept separate too, although I doubt it'd actually be a problem to fire it.

we wondered about a projectile lodged in the bore, no bulge or egg in the barrel, and the RO checked the bore with a cleaning rod after the incident and it was all clear :unknown: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 07 Oct 2018, 12:51 pm

[quote="Rod_outbak"]This scenario is one of my big fears as well. Where I can, different calibres have different coloured/styles of ammo boxes.

I also label the crap out of my boxes, which is specific for the exact rifle. I have at least 4 calibers where I have multiple firearms chambered in that calibre, so LOTS of labels for which is which.

i've got clear large texta writing on my ammo boxes rod, but i'm gunna buy some in a different brand and colour next week :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 07 Oct 2018, 1:08 pm

Attachments
Bugger.jpg
Bugger.jpg (120.38 KiB) Viewed 7282 times
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Stoney » 07 Oct 2018, 1:18 pm

It was not only dangerous to the shooter but also those on the benches beside the shooter. Perhaps Ripley should look at partitions between rests for safety in the future. It would also cut down on the shock waves, when firing the big guns, hitting the roof and coming straight down on the shooters neighbour.
Stoney
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Rod_outbak » 07 Oct 2018, 2:22 pm

[quote="bigrich"][quote="Rod_outbak"]This scenario is one of my big fears as well. Where I can, different calibres have different coloured/styles of ammo boxes.

i've got clear large texta writing on my ammo boxes rod, but i'm gunna buy some in a different brand and colour next week :thumbsup:[/quote]

bigrich,

The paint pens you can buy at Bunnings/Mitre 10 are also pretty handy; you can get bright colours that show up well on dark ammo boxes etc.
I have Yellow, Red, Light Blue, Brown and Dark Green paint pens, as well as the Black and White ones.
The Yellow, especially, seems to stand ou really well on the dark ammo boxes.

Cheers,

Rod.
---------------------
Rod_outbak
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 07 Oct 2018, 4:01 pm

I feel sorry for him. It's a very simple mistake anyone can make. It is an inherent risk associated with owning several firarms of similar chamberings. And reloading.

Hope he is OK.

I got lucky at the weekend. Fired off a shot and just a mild pop. When I checked I'd loaded a 30-06 with NO powder. Tapped out the bullet and all good. But what if???
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Rod_outbak » 07 Oct 2018, 4:38 pm

Oldbloke,

That incident you had is pretty much why I began weighing all of my loaded cartridges as my final step; I found I had different weights of projectiles mixed in together of the same type/style, and it was only the 30gn difference in 17 of the hundred reloaded rounds that alerted me that I could have easily had a very similar experience to the one that started this thread.
[Funnily enough, it was in my T3...]

Years ago, did the same as you in my Colt revolver, and spent a goodly 3 hours pulling about 150 rounds. If I'd had half a brain at the time, I'd have weighed them all to verify which ones were actually empty of powder...sigh.
They say experience makes you smarter, but I'm not so sure...

Cheers,

Rod.
---------------------
Rod_outbak
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by duncan61 » 07 Oct 2018, 5:10 pm

I have made mistakes in my early days.I put 2 much lube in the case neck of .243 and it must of half filled it.my mate was shooting at Coolilup range and ended up with a face full of bits and pieces.I loaded shotshells and they must of been damp from me getting in the swamp to retrieve ducks and they sort of fizzled and heated up the barrel and the shot rolled out the end.Not good.The last dumb thing I did was use the .222 die to size .223 and I must of wound it down to far as my man was going to purchase this rifle from a kangaroo shooter that was out our way.We were in a very remote place but he came back on the quad with a face full.I instantly pulled all the reloads and discarded the cases.I now have a standard load for.243 and .222 and have never had issues again.Hows the dude that used a handgun as a hammer and shot himself.Everyone I shoot with has a .243 so we are all good and even a dumbass like me cant mix up .222.243 and 7mm Rem
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 07 Oct 2018, 5:11 pm

Normally I check them all by having a look using a torch. Just to confirm they are all more or less filled to the same level. (it's a basic safety check) I think in this case due to doing it in a rush I didn't do that.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 07 Oct 2018, 5:13 pm

Oldbloke wrote: I got lucky at the weekend. Fired off a shot and just a mild pop. When I checked I'd loaded a 30-06 with NO powder. Tapped out the bullet and all good. But what if???

I did the same thing myself once... Once! 30 plus years ago when i was a teenager I fired a shortloaded .38 Special and the the primer was enough to push it half way down the barrel of the Smith & Wesson K frame .38 revolver, Being young and dumb, I went "that was weird" and promptly fired another. Thankfully for me, I had shortloaded that one too, and so the end result was 2 wadcutters stuck in the barrel [but no barrel bulge or frame damage] and an earnest talking to from my father about how I had just narrowly avoided a lifelong nickname of 'Stumpy'.
Member-Deleted

Post by duncan61 » 07 Oct 2018, 5:15 pm

dumbest thing I have seen is the other shooter that was out bush had a live cracker in his .223 and for some reason took the woodwork off and came to the resort workshop where I was.I said put it back together get on the quad go out the bush a bit and shoot it and it will extract or you can at least push the case out with a rod and all good.Dont you love it when people ask what to do you tell them and they ignore you that night back at there camp he must of pulled the trigger and nearly shot the other guy in the leg
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by bigrich » 08 Oct 2018, 7:18 am

Stoney wrote:It was not only dangerous to the shooter but also those on the benches beside the shooter. Perhaps Ripley should look at partitions between rests for safety in the future. It would also cut down on the shock waves, when firing the big guns, hitting the roof and coming straight down on the shooters neighbour.

what ? what did ya say stoney ? cant hear ya from that muzzle braked tac rifle shooting beside me :lol: and my hair is parted on the other side now ..... :lol: does keep the flies away but, i'm sure i saw one get vaporized by the blast from a braked 300 win mag one time ...... :lol: the thought of what can happen to the guy next to a blow up did cross my mind :shock: , it's a damn good idea ,whether ripley's got the money to spend on doing it, or SSAA management want to bother implementing it is the question. maybe i should make a few inquiries , don't want to ruffle any feathers but, aside from the blast rebound off that tin roof i like it out there. had to stop shooting for a bit yesterday as a roo and a joey got grazing on top of the 25 yard bank :lol: :lol: :lol: the dirt road in is pretty pot holed and corrugated at the moment, i don't mind in my fourby , keeps a lot of those pesky belmont shooters away :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by TheDude » 08 Oct 2018, 10:52 am

bigrich wrote:
Stoney wrote:It was not only dangerous to the shooter but also those on the benches beside the shooter. Perhaps Ripley should look at partitions between rests for safety in the future. It would also cut down on the shock waves, when firing the big guns, hitting the roof and coming straight down on the shooters neighbour.

what ? what did ya say stoney ? cant hear ya from that muzzle braked tac rifle shooting beside me :lol: and my hair is parted on the other side now ..... :lol: does keep the flies away but, i'm sure i saw one get vaporized by the blast from a braked 300 win mag one time ...... :lol: the thought of what can happen to the guy next to a blow up did cross my mind :shock: , it's a damn good idea ,whether ripley's got the money to spend on doing it, or SSAA management want to bother implementing it is the question. maybe i should make a few inquiries , don't want to ruffle any feathers but, aside from the blast rebound off that tin roof i like it out there. had to stop shooting for a bit yesterday as a roo and a joey got grazing on top of the 25 yard bank :lol: :lol: :lol: the dirt road in is pretty pot holed and corrugated at the moment, i don't mind in my fourby , keeps a lot of those pesky belmont shooters away :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks: :thumbsup:

Unfortunately doesn’t scare enough of the away. Was at Ripley in Friday and it was still bloody busy. There were a few waiting for benches mid morning
TheDude
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 08 Oct 2018, 11:19 am

well dude, maybe we need to make those pot holes BIGGER ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 08 Oct 2018, 11:21 am

TheDude wrote:
bigrich wrote:

Unfortunately doesn’t scare enough of the away. Was at Ripley in Friday and it was still bloody busy. There were a few waiting for benches mid morning

I had to live in Sydney for a while in the early 80's, it was like being in bloody prison.

I know it sounds like bragging, but by Christ, everything I hear about city living, particularly for shooters, makes me so very happy to be a hillbilly.

Having to queue up with strangers just to kill some paper or test some loads would sh!t me to tears.

Having to spend my life pressed up against the neighbours, looking out your windows straight into their's makes me come over all claustrophobic.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 08 Oct 2018, 3:42 pm

i'd like a life in the country gazz, i could sell my house and gear and do it financially , but getting work in reigonal areas is the worry for me. about every 6-8 weeks i get to go on properties up in the tops of the mountains around tenterfield. and i tell ya, i really, REALLY appreciate the place and the people when i'm there. i've helped with timber cutting and mustering/moving livestock when i've bin there to show my gratitude to the landowners. killing paper and learning/developing reloads is good training for me to be compitent out in the field with a rifle is a good thing. it's all relative i suppose gaz, the 'burbs is whats normal for me, and finding work has never bin hard. i'm a country person at heart i reckon, i live halfway between brisbane and the gold coast, and only go into brissy for gun stuff. and the gold coast has too many plastic people for my liking. city life would sh@t me too gaz :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 08 Oct 2018, 5:48 pm

Member-Deleted wrote:
Oldbloke wrote: I got lucky at the weekend. Fired off a shot and just a mild pop. When I checked I'd loaded a 30-06 with NO powder. Tapped out the bullet and all good. But what if???

I did the same thing myself once... Once! 30 plus years ago when i was a teenager I fired a shortloaded .38 Special and the the primer was enough to push it half way down the barrel of the Smith & Wesson K frame .38 revolver, Being young and dumb, I went "that was weird" and promptly fired another. Thankfully for me, I had shortloaded that one too, and so the end result was 2 wadcutters stuck in the barrel [but no barrel bulge or frame damage] and an earnest talking to from my father about how I had just narrowly avoided a lifelong nickname of 'Stumpy'.

Yeah, first time for me in about 30 years of reloading.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 08 Oct 2018, 6:02 pm

Well I have basically best of both worlds, 6 acres, gave up my IT/health job, work on the farm... but 5 minutes from centre of hustle and bustle of the suburbs. 7 minutes from the place we were living in with 5 neighbors overlooking the backyard.

The only issue, I still have city type neighbors.... so I suppose can't have everything
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 08 Oct 2018, 6:11 pm

Ziad wrote:Well I have basically best of both worlds, 6 acres, gave up my IT/health job, work on the farm... but 5 minutes from centre of hustle and bustle of the suburbs. 7 minutes from the place we were living in with 5 neighbors overlooking the backyard.

The only issue, I still have city type neighbors.... so I suppose can't have everything

doesn't sound too bad mate :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 08 Oct 2018, 6:26 pm

bigrich wrote:i'd like a life in the country gazz, i could sell my house and gear and do it financially , but getting work in reigonal areas is the worry for me. about every 6-8 weeks i get to go on properties up in the tops of the mountains around tenterfield. and i tell ya, i really, REALLY appreciate the place and the people when i'm there. i've helped with timber cutting and mustering/moving livestock when i've bin there to show my gratitude to the landowners. killing paper and learning/developing reloads is good training for me to be compitent out in the field with a rifle is a good thing. it's all relative i suppose gaz, the 'burbs is whats normal for me, and finding work has never bin hard. i'm a country person at heart i reckon, i live halfway between brisbane and the gold coast, and only go into brissy for gun stuff. and the gold coast has too many plastic people for my liking. city life would sh@t me too gaz :drinks: :thumbsup:

I'm hearing you Bigrich.
If everyone lived in the country, we'd still be back jn the Neolithic. Centralization, and the specialization of skills has been necessary to get us here but it makes things like Brisbane and Sydney inevitable neccessary ills.

I'm a little further on the other end of the spectrum, injuries mean I can't work so it's not vital whether I live urban or rural, and living alone in the bush and only having to go to town for a few hrs a month I'm quite accustomed to being alone 99% of the time and after all these years, I've grown to prefer it.

Being a hermit with technology and firearms will do me. :thumbsup:
:drinks:
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Gaznazdiak » 08 Oct 2018, 6:29 pm

bigrich wrote:
Ziad wrote:Well I have basically best of both worlds, 6 acres, gave up my IT/health job, work on the farm... but 5 minutes from centre of hustle and bustle of the suburbs. 7 minutes from the place we were living in with 5 neighbors overlooking the backyard.

doesn't sound too bad mate :thumbsup:

Best of both worlds Ziad, a taste of the country with city convenience right next door.
Great if you can make it work.
Good on you.
:thumbsup:
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Next

Return to Off topic - General conversation