Show us your bruno's

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Show us your bruno's

Post by duncan61 » 13 Oct 2018, 8:33 pm

My BRNO is a .243 that I recovered for my mate who has now passed on.photos next week
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 14 Oct 2018, 8:11 am

Chappo wrote:Love the timber in your 2e big fella.
I read somewhere once that beech was the standard and walnut was an option with the luxus as was 10 shot mags, and a straight butt.
I think checkering and Schnabel forends were optional too.
Pity they didn't offer the hogsback stock back then, they have a nicer look in my opinion.

Thanks Chappo, funny thing was when I bought it new it had this god awful dark brown stain on it which you couldn't see any gain or anything with it on, one day I just decided to sand it off and to my surprise was this beautiful looking grain under it so I then just applied some sort of veggie oil from memory and just kept putting more and more on over the years and it just kept getting better, I've used all sorts of oils on it over the years (oils oil to me I don't get fussy about it all) whatever I have around gets a run :D

Anyway she's a nice little rifle to use out poking bunnies with. :drinks:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Chappo » 14 Oct 2018, 10:08 am

My 54 mod 1 and 79 mod 2
The mod 1 is used regularly around the house on hares and sunday plinking. It has had a scope but i think i prefer it with the open leaf sights.
The mod 2 is "new" in original box walnut deluxe stock and still full of factory grease with the bolt and mag never fitted.
I had a baby boy earlier in the year and when i saw this mod 2 for sale i perhaps got a little excited about the idea of a hand me down rifle and bought it on an impulse.
With my luck the little bugger will be left handed!!
Attachments
20181014_104603001.jpeg
20181014_104603001.jpeg (614.54 KiB) Viewed 5267 times
Resized_20181014_103731001.jpeg
Resized_20181014_103731001.jpeg (720.61 KiB) Viewed 5267 times
Chappo
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 14 Oct 2018, 11:35 am

Very nice mate, there's something about Brnos isn't there, they just feel right in the hand,
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Chappo » 14 Oct 2018, 12:09 pm

I hear you.
I keep going back to them.
When we were kids dad would send me and my brother up the railway tracks through the town we grew up in with a model 2 to get a feed of rabbit for tea.
Couldnt do that these days.
Chappo
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 14 Oct 2018, 2:10 pm

Chappo wrote:I hear you.
I keep going back to them.
When we were kids dad would send me and my brother up the railway tracks through the town we grew up in with a model 2 to get a feed of rabbit for tea.
Couldnt do that these days.

Yep I remember as a kid walking around town with ducks and rabbits and shotgun/rifle hanging off me :D Those days were real not like this poxy controlled peanut world we live in now where ya fart and you could end up with a fine or jail time :thumbsdown:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Wombat » 14 Oct 2018, 7:57 pm

Chappo wrote:My 54 mod 1 and 79 mod 2
The mod 1 is used regularly around the house on hares and sunday plinking. It has had a scope but i think i prefer it with the open leaf sights.
The mod 2 is "new" in original box walnut deluxe stock and still full of factory grease with the bolt and mag never fitted.
I had a baby boy earlier in the year and when i saw this mod 2 for sale i perhaps got a little excited about the idea of a hand me down rifle and bought it on an impulse.
With my luck the little bugger will be left handed!!

I saw a couple advertised as NIB earlier this year, did you get any story as to why it had never been used? In 1979 they were not anything unusual or rare. :unknown: Maybe a spare bought for a farm and never needed?
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Chappo » 15 Oct 2018, 4:14 pm

Dunno wombat, maybe.
Too many in stock in a gun shop?
Unwanted present?
All i know is that one came from a larger brno collection that was all sold off.

Makes you wonder what might be worth good money as nib in a couple of generations.
La101?
Chappo
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by pete1 » 15 Oct 2018, 7:08 pm

brno2.jpg
brno2.jpg (437.09 KiB) Viewed 5213 times

Bruno shotgun, brought second hand.
don't know why 2 bits of timber that are different, but shoots real nice.
Rabbits love it hahaha :sarcasm:
22LR
12G
12G
12G
pete1
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 16 Oct 2018, 7:44 am

here's a photo of my 30-06 brno with the first ever fallow skin it ever shot, in the head :lol: as they should be :drinks: very old photo

“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Return to Off topic - General conversation