Must be my shout??

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Must be my shout??

Post by JSS » 21 Oct 2018, 2:03 pm

Ok so i'm going to have a bit of a rant,
I was just going through my credit card transactions to try and track down a date i ordered something, while doing this i noticed a transaction for $2665.50 which i didn't recognise. Turns out it's from a firearms retailer.
Now on the 12th i bought something over the phone from him for a pistol that cost about $70 which is on my statement, then 5 days later i get hit with the $2665 charge from the same shop. So i'm assuming i've just paid for someone elses toys.
Now I'm sure being a reputable Aussie firearms retailer it will get sorted monday morning as soon as i contact him (well it better), and i understand that mistakes do happen, BUT what the f*** is this guy doing still having my c/card details lying around 5 days later to make this mistake?? What, does he write them down and just have them sitting around his shop for anyone to see and steal?? I've been in my local gunshop talking with the guys when people have rang and ordered stuff over the phone and the guys just punch the details into the eftpos machine as they are read out to them, they don't write them down and then keep them. So much for being responsible for your customers security. Now i'm not going to name & shame at this stage as i'm sure it will get sorted, but this should never happened in the first place and to be honest I'm pretty bloody annoyed.
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: Must be my shout??

Post by marksman » 21 Oct 2018, 2:48 pm

hmmm
a fair bit of coin for them to be playing with
let us know how you go :thumbsup:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by pete1 » 21 Oct 2018, 2:53 pm

If they dont sort it Id contact ACCC cause thats alot of money, it is theft could even get police involved if need be, hope all gets sorted.
22LR
12G
12G
12G
pete1
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by JSS » 21 Oct 2018, 2:55 pm

Will do marksman, i'm sure it'll work out & doubt it was done on purpose, just a bit of a worry that my details were floating about and able to be used.
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 21 Oct 2018, 3:39 pm

It's not accc job.... but ring your bank, they will look at the situation and refund you the money.

Yes you can give the shop a call first, speak to the manager or owner. If they don't do it straight away... you know you're bank will
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by JSS » 21 Oct 2018, 4:22 pm

Yep that was my plan too, i'll give them the chance to sort it and explain how the hell this happened first, hopefully won't need to get the bank involved.
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by JSS » 22 Oct 2018, 8:36 am

Just spoke to the owner, as expected money is being refunded and i'm satisfied with the explanation i was given for my main concern which was why my card details were kept in the first place. Without going into detail, basically an error occurred which then allowed my card to be confused with another order.
In the end all sorted with little fuss, and if i had of discovered the issue during business hours instead of on a Sunday & been able to contact the shop straight away it probably wouldn't even have annoyed me as much as it did.
All's well that ends well i guess :drinks:
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 22 Oct 2018, 9:15 am

Good ending JSS. Glad to hear :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by marksman » 22 Oct 2018, 10:00 am

good news :thumbsup:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by JSS » 22 Oct 2018, 3:43 pm

Thanks guys :drinks:
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 24 Oct 2018, 9:05 pm

JSS wrote: if i had of discovered the issue during business hours instead of on a Sunday & been able to contact the shop straight away it probably wouldn't even have annoyed me as much as it did. :

Ain't that the way tho,,,,,,,,,,,
These sort of things follow Murphy's Law,, and almost always happen on a public holiday or over a long week end. :thumbsdown:

Good to hear it's sorted Mate,
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation