Cheapest Ammo in Perth??

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Cheapest Ammo in Perth??

Post by DropDeadFred » 30 Oct 2018, 7:54 pm

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows the cheapest place to buy .243 factory ammo in bulk in Perth?

Not looking to reload right now, and of course its cheaper in Eastern states, but trying to work out if it's still better to fork out for courier or if I should buy local?

DropDeadFred
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Re: Cheapest Ammo in Perth??

Post by ponkychonk » 30 Oct 2018, 8:09 pm

Last edited by ponkychonk on 27 Jan 2019, 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ponkychonk
Private
Private

Other

Post by Thom318 » 30 Oct 2018, 8:50 pm

Downrange in Ozzy Park seem to have some pretty good specials when I've popped in there, and they seem to always discount with volume. I've only ever really compared them to my local bloke, both are pretty cheap, but might be worth a Google if you haven't already
Thom318
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by DropDeadFred » 30 Oct 2018, 10:27 pm

Awesome info fellas, Thanks very much. I pick up my new rifle in a few weeks (license) and ill be buying small quantities at first to see which is suited to the barrel but after that I will be buying 1000 rounds a time so hopefully I get some sort of discount? Trouble seems to be that the dealers have the market tied up so I don't see too many of them falling over themselves to discount (e.g. Claremont).

Thanks again
DropDeadFred
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by duncan61 » 30 Oct 2018, 10:49 pm

You would possibly have to order that amount.I have the reloading dies for .243 and lots of brass you can have if you wish to roll your own.We only load 80gn PSP Winchesters for hunting grade ammo but feel free to buy some projectiles you will do the usual and make 100gn and 60gn for s**ts and giggles then just make 80gn like the rest of us.I have a property in Waroona you can run in your new rifle I believe in the 1 shot clean for 5 then 2 shot and clean for 5.Barrels are metal and need to be run in.Not everyone will agree but it works for me.If you have not shot a .243 you can have a go with my Howa.I would like to go to the block soon to zero the scope on my .222.PM me and We can meet up. have to SOR soon to get some marketing tools made
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Return to Off topic - General conversation