I did it, I left Australia for NZ. Not a humble brag

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: I did it, I left Australia for NZ. Not a humble brag

Post by bigfellascott » 20 Mar 2019, 6:14 pm

southeast varmiter wrote:Coming back?

:lol: :lol: :lol: terrible man :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by YoungBuck » 21 Mar 2019, 1:24 pm

Considering he's now going to have to hand over that 10/22 and SKS...
Not sure if they changed any of the rules regarding suppressors, but considering NZ are now looking at Aus for firearm rules, good chance they are going to restrict those further too. Probably have to hand in that 8 shot air pistol too.
It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards, Tannen, and it's pointed straight at your head!
YoungBuck
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by magnum012 » 22 Mar 2019, 9:26 pm

Terrible timing mate, it was only a matter of time before something bad happened though.
magnum012
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by wanneroo » 23 Mar 2019, 12:10 am

He'll have to decamp to the United States now.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by SteamedHam » 26 Mar 2019, 1:49 pm

You bad man :problem:

Everyone seems to think that the SKS' and 10/22's of NZ are exempt. But saying that, the new laws haven't really being made 100% official. COLFO are telling us to not hand anything in just yet, until buy-back details are confirmed.

I can guarantee my VZ58 is going to be taken. (it's so scary)

One of the more disappointing things to happen out of this ****** is the FUDDs all coming out of the woodwork. Major chain shop Hunting and Fishing, the Deerstalkers association and Field and Game among others have come out in favour of the ban, all using the same tired line "Why do you need it" while a chorus of Aussies telling them that this is just the beginning of the end.

Fudds. Fudds ruin everything.
SteamedHam
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 27 Mar 2019, 4:07 am

SteamedHam wrote:

You bad man :problem:

Everyone seems to think that the SKS' and 10/22's of NZ are exempt. But saying that, the new laws haven't really being made 100% official. COLFO are telling us to not hand anything in just yet, until buy-back details are confirmed.

I can guarantee my VZ58 is going to be taken. (it's so scary)

One of the more disappointing things to happen out of this ****** is the FUDDs all coming out of the woodwork. Major chain shop Hunting and Fishing, the Deerstalkers association and Field and Game among others have come out in favour of the ban, all using the same tired line "Why do you need it" while a chorus of Aussies telling them that this is just the beginning of the end.

Fudds. Fudds ruin everything.

I think they are taking aim at all semi auto centerfire firearms.

FUDDS are gonna FUDD. A lot of selfish people are always going to be like I got mah Ruger 10/22 and no one else needs nothin' else, so take it.

The way I see, if there is any positive out of such events is that you know who your true friends are and who the sell outs, bums, halfwits and losers are.

I wouldn't give a half penny to Hunting and Fishing ever again.

All I can say is do all you can to influence opinion in a positive way even though not a citizen. I have tried to do the same.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Dabi » 30 Mar 2019, 10:37 pm

Ouch, I feel for you man.... I had the exact plan though not enough balls to do it as I am attending uni here. Now you might as well move back to VIC or just don't hand in your guns ;)
large capacity fully auto military style assault flintlock
Dabi
Private
Private

Victoria

Return to Off topic - General conversation