More Wildlife.... Some of my dependants

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

More Wildlife.... Some of my dependants

Post by Rod_outbak » 04 Dec 2018, 6:28 pm

Folks,

Some more of my local wildlife.
They are actually wild; I dont keep them; as such.

They live somewhere in the ceiling up above the outside landing; I keep a large mug filled with rainwater on the ledge beside the coldroom door, for their evening bathe. They crawl down the wall mid-evening, and soak for a good hour or so.

Frorgle on the left, Mrs AngryCroak in back, and Mrs FattyCroak on the right.

All practising their favourite sport of Olympic-grade Wall-Staring.

After an hour or two, the 2 fat ladies often crawl out on the ledge, and inhale a few mealworms that I put out for them every few nights.
Poor Frorgle isnt allowed to share dinner; he has been attacked the past 3 times he tried. So, he just sits in the bath for another hour or so, and then wanders off to find himself something to eat the old-fashioned way....

Funny little sods...

Cheers,

Rod.
Attachments
20181028_210702 (2).JPG
20181028_210702 (2).JPG (255.9 KiB) Viewed 565 times
---------------------
Sharing the extreme love with cats in Outback QLD
Rod_outbak
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Re: More Wildlife.... Some of my dependants

Post by brett1868 » 04 Dec 2018, 6:34 pm

I was in the outhouse at night long ago and had one of the green bastards climb out from under the rim and onto my right nut. I didn't think, I bolted with nothing but a trail of nuggets left in my wake.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

New South Wales

Post by Gaznazdiak » 04 Dec 2018, 6:35 pm

:D
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Captain
Captain

New South Wales

Post by Ziad » 04 Dec 2018, 7:13 pm

Nice, I only have shiny red mushrooms with white polka dots... reminds me of a wizard of oz, everytime they come out. And today a friendly echidna paid a visit, unfortunately no phone.

But you have a mini wild life zoo at your place Mr Rod.
Blame it on the phone auto correct
Ziad
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 04 Dec 2018, 7:26 pm

nice family of kermits rod. i got one or two living in downpipes around my place :thumbsup: :drinks:
bigrich
Captain
Captain

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 04 Dec 2018, 7:27 pm

brett1868 wrote:I was in the outhouse at night long ago and had one of the green bastards climb out from under the rim and onto my right nut. I didn't think, I bolted with nothing but a trail of nuggets left in my wake.

that's a pretty funny picture you paint :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Captain
Captain

Queensland

Post by Stix » 04 Dec 2018, 8:18 pm

bigrich wrote:
brett1868 wrote:I was in the outhouse at night long ago and had one of the green bastards climb out from under the rim and onto my right nut. I didn't think, I bolted with nothing but a trail of nuggets left in my wake.

that's a pretty funny picture you paint :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks: :thumbsup:

If that were a painted picture...i doubt it would come under the "comedy" banner...

"Horror" maybe... :unknown:

:lol:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Major
Major

South Australia

Post by Stix » 04 Dec 2018, 8:26 pm

Nice pic Rod...& a great little yarn attached... :thumbsup: :D

Why dont you slip the young fella a worm when the fat mumma's arent lookin...??...i mean the poor fella probably gets smashed every second night by the 2 voluptuous horny cougars so he could do with the energy... :unknown:

Dont tell me you're jealous.. :unknown: . :o

(hell i would be... :silent: )
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Major
Major

South Australia

Post by Stix » 04 Dec 2018, 8:28 pm

Maybe you could put out 2 containers....

One cup with water for the young fella, & a bowl of jelly for the girls.. :o ;)
Stix
Major
Major

South Australia

Post by Bent Arrow » 04 Dec 2018, 11:22 pm

Bwah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah. Yes I laugh long and loud. I had a Perons tree frog land on my jewellery one night just recently in a station outhouse. Literally scared the s**t out of me!
Bent Arrow
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

South Australia

Post by duncan61 » 05 Dec 2018, 1:22 am

I was a plumber up in the Kimberleys and we would get calls about green tree frogs in the toilet I would lift the lid on the cistern and there would be loads of them good barra bait but I could never bring myself to do it cute little fellas
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Western Australia

Post by Die Judicii » 05 Dec 2018, 10:32 pm

Yep, under the toilet bowl rim is a favoured spot for em. Once they'er out you wonder how the hell they could squeeze in.
That's why a lot of dunnys in these areas have a house brick sitting on the lid.

They frequent power/meter boxes also,,,,, and somehow never seem to fry themselves.

Brett,,,,,,,, you should go back for a meet and greet Mate, cos they make good friends, and get quite used to being handled (unlike yer self) :lol:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 08 Dec 2018, 1:00 am

Having thought about it Rod,,, Shame on you Mate, you shoulda at least put sunglasses on em to protect their eyes from the FLASH.

Bloody good pic though Mate.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Rod_outbak » 08 Dec 2018, 5:31 am

Didnt use a flash, mate.

Thats just the LED floodlight out on the landing(over & behind my left shoulder); the little camera in my phone seems to find it enough to take most pics.

The frog gang will sit there for hours; staring straight at that light.

Thanks,

Rod.
---------------------
Sharing the extreme love with cats in Outback QLD
Rod_outbak
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 08 Dec 2018, 6:22 am

That light they stare at would be bringing in moths and bugs for them to munch on . I got gecko’s all round my place who use the same trick. I haven’t had a problem with spiders or cockroaches round my house in about 10 years
bigrich
Captain
Captain

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation