(SA) Reasonably priced dealer to receive interstate purchase

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

(SA) Reasonably priced dealer to receive interstate purchase

Post by Bremen » 16 Dec 2018, 11:25 am

Hi all

I have located a pistol deal interstate which looks good. I contacted a few dealers and they were very expensive to receive and hold the FA until paperwork had cleared. Can anyone recommend a dealer or authorised person in Adelaide? Last time I did this it only cost me about $50 and was through a licensed manufacturer of equipment in SA (I wont list the brand).

Thank you
Bremen
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Re: (SA) Reasonably priced dealer to receive interstate purc

Post by bigpete » 16 Dec 2018, 4:15 pm

Tonkins in victor harbor does the transfer for $45 for a secondhand gun and $90 for brand new. The new shop ,gunning for you, I heard him charge $25 the other day but that might be mates rates
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 16 Dec 2018, 5:23 pm

So to ask the stupid & obvious question...why not use the same dealer if you were happy with them...? Youve not said that you cant use them for any reason... :unknown:

Ive used a couple at opposite ends of metro Adelaide But there's no point suggesting anyone to you as dont know where in the state you are mate... :unknown:
Could suggest a dealer closest to Marla & you might live in bordertown... :crazy:

Best to find a dealer near you...

To do that id check out the dealer list on SAPOL site & ring around. :thumbsup:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 16 Dec 2018, 7:06 pm

Bremen wrote:Hi all

I have located a pistol deal interstate which looks good. I contacted a few dealers and they were very expensive to receive and hold the FA until paperwork had cleared. Can anyone recommend a dealer or authorised person in Adelaide? Last time I did this it only cost me about $50 and was through a licensed manufacturer of equipment in SA (I wont list the brand).

Thank you

Have you asked local dealers for prices as well? Sometimes adding the shipping and interstate transfer means it's often as cheap or near enough to buy locally.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Bremen » 16 Dec 2018, 8:44 pm

Sorry I cant figure out the multi-quote function:
- Gunning For You - never heard of them but always keen to check out the new guys.
- Second hand firearm so no loss to the dealer otherwise I will always try to support local
- The dealer I last used charged $35 and held it for a month and half while paperwork cleared. They no longer offer the service.
- I am located Western Subs Adelaide metro (sorry thought it was in my profile).
Bremen
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by Bremen » 18 Dec 2018, 11:00 am

Stix wrote:To do that id check out the dealer list on SAPOL site & ring around. :thumbsup:

Could you link to the dealers list? I have not been able to locate it.
Bremen
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by Stix » 18 Dec 2018, 2:18 pm

Ive sent a pm this morning...it was sitting in outbox...
It doesnt appear in my sent msg's now. :unknown: ..so did you receive it...?

I swear this system does its own thing sometimes...!!! :wtf:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 18 Dec 2018, 2:50 pm

Stix wrote:Ive sent a pm this morning...it was sitting in outbox...
It doesnt appear in my sent msg's now. :unknown: ..so did you receive it...?

I swear this system does its own thing sometimes...!!! :wtf:

This forum uses a stupid system that leaves sent mail in the Outbox until the recipient reads it. It has been sent, but it could sit there forever if nobody notices it's waiting to be read.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Bremen » 18 Dec 2018, 4:55 pm

I received your initial pm on the 16th (re whereabouts roughly in the state im located), I replied on the 17th but have not received anything further.
Bremen
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Return to Off topic - General conversation