Settling in SA

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Settling in SA

Post by Baitlayer » 25 Dec 2018, 3:01 pm

So,finally back in South Aus and settling in to our sons new property near Bower. Waiting for my licence to arrive.Now to do some shopping.A centrefire,a rimfire and a shotgun (maybe not in that order). Can anyone recommend a good LGS not in Adelaide city.Happy to go there if i have to but would prefer to use closer rural shop.I'm a leftie so will have to accept reduced options.leaning to Tikka centrefire, Browning or Miroku 12g and not decided on rimfire.Will have to see what's out there.
Went for an early morning walk a week ago, spotted two foxes and rabbits.Next day driving off the property had a visit from three feral goats.Really keen for licence to arrive. I really am not good at waiting! Any way will be seeking advice soon on calibres, scopes etc. Look forward chatting on here.
Ian
Baitlayer
Private
Private

South Australia

Re: Settling in SA

Post by Bent Arrow » 25 Dec 2018, 10:21 pm

Welcome back to SA Ian.

Your a long way North of the city so I cant really recommend any LGS to you, but someone here will be more familiar with your options out that way.

Cheers
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 25 Dec 2018, 11:43 pm

Bent Arrow wrote:Welcome back to SA Ian.

Your a long way North of the city so I cant really recommend any LGS to you, but someone here will be more familiar with your options out that way.

Cheers

I bought my M95 Dutch Mannlicher from a dealer up that way. He gave me a realistic idea of the rifle's condition, a great price, and a ridiculously low postage price. His name is Phil Cole at Spalding Gun Shop.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Baitlayer » 28 Dec 2018, 11:53 am

Thanks for the replies fellas.My job will have me travelling through the city a bit and gawler is only 35/40 mins away.Will check out Spalding ,
,thanks Bladeracer. As I said before ,just not good at waiting.
Ian
Baitlayer
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by tom604 » 28 Dec 2018, 9:31 pm

there is coles in Renmark as well,,nothing really close :unknown: :thumbsup:
tom604
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

South Australia