Buying from usedguns

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Buying from usedguns

Post by TassieTiger » 24 Jan 2019, 7:21 pm

Ecobogan wrote:https://youtu.be/tJX0E5S5QPw

Here's the SV nearly done and about to go on the dyno

If your really selling that for $5k we need to talk lol
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Ecobogan » 24 Jan 2019, 9:19 pm

Ha! Perhaps we should. I was prob being a sook at 5k....6'd do it.
To be honest I'm considering parting it out and keeping the motor for a single seat buggy project.
To sidetrack a little I've been playing around with hi perf electric power for a while now. Built a 14 kW downhill bike a while ago and am/was planning on a 350hp DC li-poly driveline for the buggy.
The d/h bike properly gave my RMZ450 a real run for its money, a mate also has a 12 sec elec street car.
This sh#ts fast, quiet, can take a relentless hiding and needs near no maintenance.

How's this though.....the 350hp motor -$3k, controller-$5k.....battery- $12k!!!, weighs 100kg, 4 mins run time and will be buggered in a year.
So am thinking of transplanting the SV donk into the buggy till battery technology catches up.
Am at a kinda cross roads with exactly what to do. It's almost all aftermarket parts and might have some bits that'd be good to get. All is in near mint cond and the motor could do 200hp at 14psi ....dunno!
Ecobogan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 24 Jan 2019, 9:38 pm

Itv is getting off top a bit but hey...it’s bikes, so that’s all good.
If you like podcasts - have a listen to the last 40 mins or so of the below. The guy worked for Tesla and built some elec bikes - very, very funny....

Listen to Podcast 178: Getting Crazy With Dom and Luke from Motorcycles & Misfits in Podcasts. https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/mot ... 0379329131
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 25 Jan 2019, 7:45 am

I don't have apple, not a bike person and don't have 40mins.... but interested enough to ask.. can you please give a quick rundown
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Ecobogan » 25 Jan 2019, 9:39 pm

TassieTiger wrote:Itv is getting off top a bit but hey...it’s bikes, so that’s all good.
If you like podcasts - have a listen to the last 40 mins or so of the below. The guy worked for Tesla and built some elec bikes - very, very funny....

Listen to Podcast 178: Getting Crazy With Dom and Luke from Motorcycles & Misfits in Podcasts. https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/mot ... 0379329131

Hey thanks for that mate and am a big podcast fan actually, will check it out fer sure.
Have you come across 'love and radio'? Don't worry bout the name.... awesome podcast station with some hardcore relevant stories, they had a bit to do with 'S-town' l believe.
Meant to mention before too, with a bit of envy, about some of the super class riding country you have down over Bass strait there.... driven a bit of it, mostly in pissy hire cars but will 2 wheel it oneday definitely.
The SV was something I had to do, an idea that wouldn't leave me alone, got front cover of Rapid Bikes a few years ago, is massively impractical and won't sell for much but time n money can be done in sillier ways l suppose!
The Super Duke is prob the sort of ride I'll move back to when I get back into it.
Cheers for the bike chat n take it easy mate :thumbsup:
Ecobogan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Return to Off topic - General conversation